Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Our bridge is not that high....been on ships coming into port here and it is exciting to see the ship just clear it.

Hmmmm........see where they put Explorer when she arrives up this way.

I remember reading here months ago about speculation on the ExOS stack.....seems to be an answer but $$$ to do it. We will know when she is out of Dry Dock I guess.

Solstice is coming here this year.

Edited by CVU

I think if I had to embark in Victoria, I would not book the cruise in the first place. It sounds as bad as embarking in Ensenada, which I would hesitate to do, as well. :eek:

I think it would be ok - you can fly home from Victoria via Seattle (I had to look it up;)), or could take a ferry to Seattle and fly home from there, although with cruise luggage, I would likely opt for the first option.

We'll have to see what the itinerary ends up being, but it would have to be spectacular indeed to make me cancel the Radiance repo.

I personally still think Exploer will reposition SYD-HNL, HNL-Ensenada, Ensenada-SEA. The gap in her schedule is now 4/12/16 to 5/27/16. That's 45 nights in total - More than ample time for that type of repo. Even if the segments were 17 nights, 11 nights and 10 nights respectively, that's only 38 days, which would allow for the addition of another 7 night cruise from Seattle on 5/20. This makes the most sense as RCCL has the infrastructure/contracts in place to handle the Ensenada Disembarkation/Embarkation.

Edited by scottamiller

Royal just confirmed today that Ovation will spend part of her time sailing from Australia.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12450.html

Excellent news. Great to see that this guess and the hopes of Aussie RCL fans is becoming a reality.

Can't wait to see the itineraries, although some inference can be drawn from the superfluous Sydney OPT entries in the name of Explorer, Voyager and Celebrity Solstice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Ovation cruises from Sydney will of course attract premium prices. It will be dramatically cheaper than flying to Shanghai or Beijing though. It's just a twenty minute taxi ride to Sydney OPT for me. [emoji3]

Edited by geoff2802

Any guesses on itineraries? My partner and I booked a Solstice cruise Auckland to Sydney in January 2017 in a Royal Suite and we were excited to try out the new suite benefits. It was also to be our first cruise on Solstice. I think we'll be cancelling that and putting our eggs in the Ovation basket now though. Here's hoping they do a similar NZ cruise itinerary.

Any guesses on itineraries? My partner and I booked a Solstice cruise Auckland to Sydney in January 2017 in a Royal Suite and we were excited to try out the new suite benefits. It was also to be our first cruise on Solstice. I think we'll be cancelling that and putting our eggs in the Ovation basket now though. Here's hoping they do a similar NZ cruise itinerary.

The itineraries will be restricted by the availability of ports that can accept a ship of Ovation's size. They will be more about the ship than the ports of call.

Does anyone here have knowledge of the length, beam and draft limits for usual Aussie and NZ ports of call? Hobart is one port that should be fine.

I think there will be itineraries through the NZ sounds; the only narrow point from memory is the neck between Dusky and Doubtful. One NZ port (Otago?) was also doing simulations for a Quantum class vessel. Has anyone seen the outcome of those?

Todays Travel daily had her here for 5 cruises only due to Sydney Ports bookings. It was also mentioned that it will be coming from Singapore and that a cruise company will have it as a charter. Gavin Smith also advised that fares will be from 199.00 per day and that this class of ship will be featured in Australia for many summer seasons.

Todays Travel daily had her here for 5 cruises only due to Sydney Ports bookings. It was also mentioned that it will be coming from Singapore and that a cruise company will have it as a charter. Gavin Smith also advised that fares will be from 199.00 per day and that this class of ship will be featured in Australia for many summer seasons.

I can only access the first part of the article. This part says 5 itineraries, not 5 cruises. Is there any more information further into the article?

I would guess Cruiseco would be the charterer for the Sing to Sydney leg.

Could you please post the text of the article?

Of the ships scheduled to call on Australia & NZ ports, the closest to Ovation I can find is the Queen Mary 2. She is almost as long as Ovation, is deeper (30'?) but not as beamy.

QM2 calls at Sydney, Brisbane, Yorkeys (for Cairns - tendered?), Auckland, Wellington, Bay of Islands (scenic cruising only?). Add Fremantle, Melbourne, Hobart, Darwin, the NZ sounds, Otago (?), Noumea (?), isle of Pines (tendered), Lautoka and Suva to these for a starting list of ports of call for Ovation. Will Ovation have her own tenders?

I guess the five itineraries from Sydney could be something like:

- 2 night sampler.

- NZ North and South Island.

- Australian east coast.

- Fiji and NZ North Island.

- Round Australia (split into two cruises) if she does fit into Fremantle.

I'll have a look through the port schedules for hints later.