Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Has RCL discontinued the Panama Canal Cruises after the 2015 season?

RCI are focusing on Southern Caribbean sailings with Serenade, the ship that would have done the Legend sailings.

When Jewel was deployed to Europe and not Alaska, they did not need her to do the repositioning sailings through the canal in 2016.

They have had years without PC sailings previously and will probably be back in the future, but for now they have sister lines Celebrity and Azamara doing the PC sailings.

While the ship does a segment stop at Singapore on the way to Australia, it has been pretty evident for a long time that she is not transferring to Alaska via Singapore and that those sailings will be re-deployed when they have the transit plans finalized.

I waited for almost 3 months when they re-deployed Vision from Colon and announced she would not be sailing from Miami on a Transatlantic.

They need to have the designated staff in resolutions available and the offer finalized prior to contacting passengers and opening the new sailings for booking. This is actually to the passengers benefit I found, as the window for the re-deployment offer is time restricted. I think in my experience we only had 3 weeks to finalize plans.

3 weeks has been my experience as well

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Explorer would even need to reposition from Syney to Seattle via Hawaii at all. Celebrity Millenium has a 14nt northerly crossing from Japan that stops in Japan and Russia and ends in Vancouver. Could not Explorer do something similar ending in Seattle? This would avoid any PVSA issues going via Hawaii would present. Do a 14 night Sydney to Hong Kong, an 11 night Hong Kong to Tokyo, then a 14 night crossing from Tokyo to Seattle. The current gap in her schedule is from April 12th to May 27th 2016 (39 nights) so plenty of time for such a repositioning.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Over on Roll Call for ExOS

Apr 12, 2016------ someone posted their TA notified them today-- both April 12 & 28, 2016 are canceled.

The Explorer 4/12/16 sailing is no longer listed in Cruisingpower or on the RCCL website. The 4/28/16 sailing is still listed but shown as SOLD OUT. This is why I stated the gap in her schedule as being 4/12/16 to 5/27/16. I have a feeling we may not know anything conclusive about new itineraries for another two or three weeks.

The Explorer 4/12/16 sailing is no longer listed in Cruisingpower or on the RCCL website. The 4/28/16 sailing is still listed but shown as SOLD OUT. This is why I stated the gap in her schedule as being 4/12/16 to 5/27/16. I have a feeling we may not know anything conclusive about new itineraries for another two or three weeks.

Thanks!!

I see the 12th is gone now on RCL. So, things must be getting sorted out at their end. :)

The only evidence is that RCI's port agent TMS Anchor has booked Explorer for the 8th of May, 2016 at Honolulu and the return on the 16th of October, 2016.

This with the Sydney turnaround being booked for the 23rd of April 2016, indicate a Hawaii transpacific sailing, with the sailing on the 12th being altered to a roundtrip Sydney.

The only evidence is that RCI's port agent TMS Anchor has booked Explorer for the 8th of May, 2016 at Honolulu and the return on the 16th of October, 2016.

This with the Sydney turnaround being booked for the 23rd of April 2016, indicate a Hawaii transpacific sailing, with the sailing on the 12th being altered to a roundtrip Sydney.

I was unaware of the Sydney date on 4/23, but knew space had been reserved in HNL. My theory was just another "what-if" speculation to show that she doesn't have to go via HNL.

So SYD-HNL 4/23-5/8, then HNL-Ensenada 5/8-5/19(20) and Ensenada-SEA 5/19(20)-5/27 seem the most likely/logical routing.

Got our RCL phone call and switched to the Coastal B2B on ExOS in Sept. Nothing out yet for after that.

Any details of he move-over offer they gave you? I still do not see any cruises listed 4/12/16-5/2716, so surprised they'd offer any move overs before those sailings announced

Any details of he move-over offer they gave you? I still do not see any cruises listed 4/12/16-5/2716, so surprised they'd offer any move overs before those sailings announced

We were offered some cruises on other ships at different dates Fall and Spring for price protection but we are already booked on RCL ships then. We did get OBC each for the change.

We will watch for where ExOS is going after the B2B and maybe book something. We are already busy in the Spring as we knew this one was not happening, so booked something else.

We were offered some cruises on other ships at different dates Fall and Spring for price protection but we are already booked on RCL ships then. We did get OBC each for the change.

We will watch for where ExOS is going after the B2B and maybe book something. We are already busy in the Spring as we knew this one was not happening, so booked something else.

This makes me think they may be negotiating a charter cruise somewhere in the mix that's causing a delay in confirming the details of the repositioning cruises, of if as others have guessed, they are going Hawaii to Vicotria instead of Ensenada there may be extensive logistical arrangements slowing down the release. The number of displaced cruisers from the two cancelled cruises also may be low enough that it's easier to handle them on alternate sailings while they still firm up the repo details.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already but any guesses as

to where the Jewel will be going after April of 2017?

As RCI has a April to April deployment pattern and they were even somewhat delayed with this years deployment, the earliest that deployment for the next season will be confirmed is February of 2016 for post-April 2017.

This year was a perfect example, where all clues showed that Jewel was being deployed to Alaska and then bookings were shifted to Europe just a week prior to announcing European deployment.

Clues might start to appear in September 2015 and most bookings are made after they deploy Celebrity first in November.

Tradition would seem that one San Juan ship would stay year round in San Juan and the other would be sent to Europe or Alaska.

Does anyone have any idea when the Australian deployment will be released?

I thought it was for this week, with additional sailings later in May.

Yes, that is my recollection too. Haven't seen any update to the release dates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Voyager of the Seas port booking at Adelaide thought to be disguised for Ovation on 12 Dec 2016 at anchor has been changed to Outer Harbour docking on 11 Dec 2016 6:30-17:00. This change fits in better with the Ovation booking at Melbourne on 13 Dec (1 sea day between Adelaide and Melbourne). The ship name still says Voyager of the Seas, however.

Meanwhile, the Explorer of the Seas booking at Outer Harbour for April 2016 as expected has been dropped (as a result of changes to her deployment from Asia to Alaska at the end of her Australian season)

Edited by marquisite

As RCI has a April to April deployment pattern and they were even somewhat delayed with this years deployment, the earliest that deployment for the next season will be confirmed is February of 2016 for post-April 2017.

This year was a perfect example, where all clues showed that Jewel was being deployed to Alaska and then bookings were shifted to Europe just a week prior to announcing European deployment.

Clues might start to appear in September 2015 and most bookings are made after they deploy Celebrity first in November.

Tradition would seem that one San Juan ship would stay year round in San Juan and the other would be sent to Europe or Alaska.

Thanks, I knew you would have some insight to this. I'm all booked for

2016 and ready to plan out 2017.

It looks like they are going to send Explorer round-trip Seattle from Sydney, where she will do a 23 day sailing with stops in Hawaii and a 25 day return sailing in October.

They will add a 4 night Seattle and a 7 night to the current availability from Seattle on her arrival.

They will add a 8 night Seattle coastal prior to repositioning Explorer back to Sydney.

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 04/23/2016 Sydney, Australia

Explorer Of The Seas 04/24/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 04/25/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 12:00 PM - 09:00 PM 04/26/2016 Wellington, New Zealand

Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 11:59 PM 04/27/2016 Cross International Dateline

Explorer Of The Seas 04/27/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 04/28/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 04/29/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 04/30/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM 05/01/2016 Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Explorer Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM 05/02/2016 Moorea, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Explorer Of The Seas 05/03/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/04/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/05/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/06/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/07/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 11:00 AM - 11:59 PM 05/08/2016 Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, United States

Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 08:00 AM 05/09/2016 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 06:00 PM 05/10/2016 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Explorer Of The Seas 05/11/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/12/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/13/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/14/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 05/15/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 06:00 AM 05/16/2016 Seattle, Washington - United States

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 10/08/2016 Seattle, Washington - United States

Explorer Of The Seas 10/09/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/10/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/11/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/12/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/13/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 11:59 PM 10/14/2016 Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, United States

Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 08:00 AM 10/15/2016 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 06:00 PM 10/16/2016 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Explorer Of The Seas 10/17/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/18/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/19/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/20/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/21/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM 10/22/2016 Moorea, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Explorer Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM 10/23/2016 Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Explorer Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM 10/24/2016 Bora Bora, Society Islands, French Polynesia

Explorer Of The Seas 10/25/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/26/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/27/2016 Cross International Dateline

Explorer Of The Seas 10/28/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 10/29/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM 10/30/2016 Wellington, New Zealand

Explorer Of The Seas 10/31/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas 11/01/2016 At Sea

Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 06:00 AM 11/02/2016 Sydney, Australia

Explorer of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas will both return to Alaska for the summer 2017 season as well. They are being scheduled for the next two seasons in Alaska.

Explorer will sail directly to Seattle on a 23 night sailing with stops in Hawaii.

Radiance will do a Sydney to Hawaii segment and then a Hawaii to Vancouver segment.

Explorer of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas will both return to Alaska for the summer 2017 season as well. They are being scheduled for the next two seasons in Alaska.

Explorer will sail directly to Seattle on a 23 night sailing with stops in Hawaii.

Radiance will do a Sydney to Hawaii segment and then a Hawaii to Vancouver segment.

Any bets if there will be a Vancouver to Hawaii on Radiance?