Harmony of the Seas

Midwestgal

AND the Freedom moving from PC to PE! Wow, and doing 6 & 8 nights, great idea! Only disappointment for me is same AOS & Jewel in PR...could use maybe a Freedom ship in there.......Enchantment in Miami good move IMO..Majesty was tired & too small..now, we just have to wait for where the OVATION is going- PE is my guess because they need a Quantum class in Fla after messing up the first 2 ships- remember the Anthem originally was announced to home port in PE, then was switched to NY....

Big Al

I like the Freedom taking the 6 & 8 night cruises, also.

For some reason I love the Freedom, and it's kind of unique these days that she has always called Florida home and sailed Caribbean for her whole career... over ten years at that point.

I like the Freedom taking the 6 & 8 night cruises, also.

For some reason I love the Freedom, and it's kind of unique these days that she has always called Florida home and sailed Caribbean for her whole career... over ten years at that point.

I was the Freedom's 10th cruise in 2006..loved her! Also love the Liberty ( 2x)..never sailed the IOS...done Allure, Oasis ( 2x) Navigator ( 2x) Mariner (2x), AOS (going in Nov for 2nd time), Majesty, Enchantment...I'm a cruise agent, so it's fun to pay myself $$ when we go,LOL....

Big Al

Just saw that. I noticed this: "Oasis of the Seas, meanwhile, will reposition to its new winter home of Port Canaveral along Florida’s Coast.

New winter home implies a different home for summer. Maybe Europe?

I believe Oasis will stay in PE for the summer, and go to PC in the winter.

Harmony will be the one in Europe.

AND the Freedom moving from PC to PE! Wow, and doing 6 & 8 nights, great idea! Only disappointment for me is same AOS & Jewel in PR...could use maybe a Freedom ship in there.......Enchantment in Miami good move IMO..Majesty was tired & too small..now, we just have to wait for where the OVATION is going- PE is my guess because they need a Quantum class in Fla after messing up the first 2 ships- remember the Anthem originally was announced to home port in PE, then was switched to NY....

Big Al

Well it doesn't sound like Florida will be getting Ovation anytime soon. They would've included that in the release.

Royal has three berths at PC. The new giant dock for Oasis class and the existing EOS and FOS docks. Oasis will take the big one when Freedom moves to PE, Rhapsody will take Enchantment's current position. What Ship will take Freedoms current space? My guess is Ovation after a summer/fall in Europe. I can't imagine RC not placing a new class of ship in Florida. I wish we could get one here in the Midwest but I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's cold here and we have no Ocean. :(

Royal has three berths at PC. The new giant dock for Oasis class and the existing EOS and FOS docks. Oasis will take the big one when Freedom moves to PE, Rhapsody will take Enchantment's current position. What Ship will take Freedoms current space? My guess is Ovation after a summer/fall in Europe. I can't imagine RC not placing a new class of ship in Florida. I wish we could get one here in the Midwest but I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's cold here and we have no Ocean. :(

Before the new terminal 1 became available, Royal typically used terminal 10 for both Enchantment and Freedom.

Actually, the opening of terminal one increased Royal's total from one shared terminal (w/ Carnival) to one shared terminal and one dedicated terminal. There is a common use terminal that numerous lines use for port calls, so occasionally there will be an RCL ship there, but it's not Royal's terminal.

I believe Oasis will stay in PE for the summer, and go to PC in the winter.

Harmony will be the one in Europe.

Ok. I had kind of thought that when the Oasis class ship was in Europe that Freedom would go back up to PC from PE and they would alternate them that way, keeping PE always with 2 weekly Oasis class departures.

I heard a rumor that The Ovation will Port at Navy Pier with stops in Milwaukee, Sheboygan and Muskegon! :eek:

Ok. I had kind of thought that when the Oasis class ship was in Europe that Freedom would go back up to PC from PE and they would alternate them that way, keeping PE always with 2 weekly Oasis class departures.

My idea regarding the three Oasis class ships from fall 2016...

Oasis year-round from PC

Harmony or Allure year round in PE

Harmony or Allure seasonally in PE

I hope its a permanent replacement to Freedom. I will finally sail on an Oasis class ship. I cant imagine them giving up the 7 night cruises out of PC for part of the year? :confused: hasnt there been a ship there doing Eastern and Western 7 night routes for many years now? If Oasis goes across the big pond for summer, wonder what would take her place in PC?

You don't have to worry about them leaving Port Canaveral with only one ship. As part of the agreement to be the primary tenant at the new Cruise Terminal 1, Royal Caribbean has agreed to increase their number of passenger embarkations at Port Canaveral to over double what they had been within the next few years.

I heard a rumor that The Ovation will Port at Navy Pier with stops in Milwaukee, Sheboygan and Muskegon! :eek:

Yeaaaa, and the best part is, no one will want to sail so you and I will be the only ones on the ship and have it all to ourselves!!! MTD with no lines working like clockwork, imagine that!!

CD Ken Rush told me "Sausage Races" from Miller Park will be held on Harmony to coincide with the Milwaukee port of call.

The tough decision for me and some of the Critters will be....Harmony Inaugural in Europe or her TA to FLL :confused: decisions decisions.

I agree with you Liz. I was disappointed with the Quantum "inaugural". I'd hate to spend even more money to go to Europe for Harmony's inaugural and be disappointed again. I love transAtlantic cruises, so we might try that instead. Or we could just wait for a winter cruise out of Florida. Such a great choice to have.

Lenore