"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

nothing finite yet, but john heald's reply to a post on facebook seems to insinuate that we could see some changes in NY for 2016:

Q: Any idea what dip will be in New York in the coming years?? I feel like no one at Carnival cares about NY...

John Heald: we cerratinly do which is why we are showcasing our newest ship there next year and lets see what else will happen in 2016 - cheers

Yayy! Come on with the rest of the deployment schedule already!

nothing finite yet, but john heald's reply to a post on facebook seems to insinuate that we could see some changes in NY for 2016:

Q: Any idea what dip will be in New York in the coming years?? I feel like no one at Carnival cares about NY...

John Heald: we cerratinly do which is why we are showcasing our newest ship there next year and lets see what else will happen in 2016 - cheers

Don't bet against Ye Olde Splendor in all her pink glory for another few years.

Don't bet against Ye Olde Splendor in all her pink glory for another few years.

oh i'm not. i've thought that was the most likely scenario. i think that either 1) splendor returns with 2.0 upgrades or 2) magic runs seasonally from NY and port canaveral, as jim berra already said it was going to port canaveral - there really aren't any other ships not already spoken for that would be considered an upgrade vs. splendor in the nature of john heald's insinuation.

John Heald: we certainly do which is why we are showcasing our newest ship there next year and lets see what else will happen in 2016 - cheers

Translation: The Fantasy will be redeployed to NYC to replace the Splendor. [emoji12]

Edited by Tapi

Translation: The Fantasy will be redeployed to NYC to replace the Splendor. [emoji12]

The Fantasy was my first "mega liner" I sailed on. Really loved sailing on her. She wouldn't be much of a downgrade from the Splendor. I wish they add 2.0 features to Splendor if she is to continue sailing from NYC.

Translation: The Fantasy will be redeployed to NYC and will be the only ship there, sailing from June to September [emoji12]

pfffft! that would be exactly the kick in the butt i need to try ncl... [emoji12]

SPLENDOR vs. the competition with the likes of quantum/anthem ots or breakaway is a poor showing as it is... send a fantasy class ship, and fuggedaboutit.

pfffft! that would be exactly the kick in the butt i need to try ncl... [emoji12]

SPLENDOR vs. the competition with the likes of quantum/anthem ots or breakaway is a poor showing as it is... send a fantasy class ship, and fuggedaboutit.

fuggedaboutit is right. Prices would have to be dirt cheap, which is impossible, because taxes and port fees out of NY inflate even low fares. I hope they don't make me regret not sailing on the Splendor!

fuggedaboutit is right. Prices would have to be dirt cheap, which is impossible, because taxes and port fees out of NY inflate even low fares. I hope they don't make me regret not sailing on the Splendor!

"I hope they don't make me regret not sailing on the Splendor!"

That is about the way I am feeling right now too.:(

Edited by SMSACE6

Why do you always reply with your Tampa hate? Seriously, I'm sick of it, get out of here. Any time someone brings up Tampa options you always shoot it down instantly.

<shrugs> Tampa only has 2 options from Carnival. Fantasy class and Spirit class. You have a Fantasy class. All the Spirit class are into something else. I didn't make those decisions. Don't be a hater. :)

You know, getting back to San Juan's "consolation prize" Fascination announcement, Carnival has finally posted the dates for the 2016 departures and two things strike me odd. 1) the schedule only runs through October 2016 (which might be where all this "it's a temporary thing" rumor may be getting its fuel). and 2) PRICES!!! Being a smaller, older ship with less amenities and all, prices are actually more expensive than they were with the two ships that will precede her (Conquest class Valor (non 2.0) and Liberty (post 2.0)). This might make it a very tough sell for non-local cruisers that have to fly in, considering that for a few extra bucks they get to pick from two Royal Caribbean, one Celebrity cruises and (later in 2016) one Norwegian cruise line ships that are bigger, newer, nicer and have a very similar itinerary. Yes, there are fans of this and other older ships but from what I've read, this ships might be better suited for shorter trips. Now, get me a second, larger ship for the southern Caribbean itinerary and keep the Fascination for maybe 5 day cruises to Dominica, Antigua, Aruba, Curacao or those types of islands Carnival had written off and they might be on to something.

You know, getting back to San Juan's "consolation prize" Fascination announcement, Carnival has finally posted the dates for the 2016 departures and two things strike me odd. 1) the schedule only runs through October 2016 (which might be where all this "it's a temporary thing" rumor may be getting its fuel). and 2) PRICES!!! Being a smaller, older ship with less amenities and all, prices are actually more expensive than they were with the two ships that will precede her (Conquest class Valor (non 2.0) and Liberty (post 2.0)). This might make it a very tough sell for non-local cruisers that have to fly in, considering that for a few extra bucks they get to pick from two Royal Caribbean, one Celebrity cruises and (later in 2016) one Norwegian cruise line ships that are bigger, newer, nicer and have a very similar itinerary. Yes, there are fans of this and other older ships but from what I've read, this ships might be better suited for shorter trips. Now, get me a second, larger ship for the southern Caribbean itinerary and keep the Fascination for maybe 5 day cruises to Dominica, Antigua, Aruba, Curacao or those types of islands Carnival had written off and they might be on to something.

Where did you get that info that Carnival has written off Aruba & Curacao. We get quite some Carnival ships down here!

Where did you get that info that Carnival has written off Aruba & Curacao. We get quite some Carnival ships down here!

Yes you do, but you got to admit that not like before. Some of those stops, especially on Aruba and Curacao happen on longer 10-14 day cruises which means its not a weekly thing like Barbados, St. Thomas, etc. They are awesome islands to visit, don't get me wrong. But a weekly 4-5day Aruba, Dominca, Curacao or any combination of islands not served by Carnival from San Juan could be worth it and an awesome compliment to their current southern route.

Edited by Stinger-pr

the schedule only runs through October 2016 (which might be where all this "it's a temporary thing" rumor may be getting its fuel).

The rumor comes from the Port of St. Maarten's website, which lists the Fascination until October 2016 and then the Victory takes its place.

The rumor comes from the Port of St. Maarten's website, which lists the Fascination until October 2016 and then the Victory takes its place.

Maybe in October they send her to charleston or Tampa since she has a few balconies. I hate this guessing game. Lol it is fun and aggravating at the same time.

Maybe in October they send her to charleston or Tampa since she has a few balconies. I hate this guessing game. Lol it is fun and aggravating at the same time.

If so, what about the Paradise and Fantasy? I personally would be extremely happy if they would switch the Paradise with the Fantasy. Like I said before, based on pics of it, I absolutely LOVE the Carnival Fantasy's interior design!!

Edited by FuturzMinion

Why do you always reply with your Tampa hate? Seriously, I'm sick of it, get out of here. Any time someone brings up Tampa options you always shoot it down instantly.

I thought I was the only one who noticed the Tampa hate mail. :D

Maybe in October they send her (Fascination)to...Tampa since she has a few balconies. I hate this guessing game. Lol it is fun and aggravating at the same time.

When Vista makes her way to the USA in October there shall be additional re-positioning's and perhaps Fascination or Miracle :D will be joining Paradise here in TAMPA. :D

Asked my PVP yesterday about cruises out of Port Canaveral in Sept of 2016. In particular, the Sunshine. He said he didn't see any cruises from there, but said the Sunshine had cruises from NYC doing the northeast itinerary.

I don't normally speculate on these matters but have no reason to question the accuracy of the info he gave me. Just saying.

...but said the Sunshine had cruises from NYC doing the northeast itinerary.

Well there's another curve ball that I didn't see coming! [emoji461]️

Asked my PVP yesterday about cruises out of Port Canaveral in Sept of 2016. In particular, the Sunshine. He said he didn't see any cruises from there, but said the Sunshine had cruises from NYC doing the northeast itinerary.

I don't normally speculate on these matters but have no reason to question the accuracy of the info he gave me. Just saying.

Northeast itinerary as in Canada & Boston?