LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

We had a great day in Falmouth. Right now we are sailing at a pretty good clip on our way to Grand Cayman. We may decide to visit 7 mile beach, or we may just browse around the port area.

Looking out from our balcony there are several ships very close by. I think there will be crowds tomorrow.

It's time to turn in and let the ship rock me to sleep.....

Lots more coming your way tomorrow! Thanks for following along [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn, thanks for the great review.

We are sailing on Independence this fall, our first time on a Freedom Class ship. I know it isn't the same as Freedom, but it gives us the flavour of what to expect. We will be in an OS as well, and if there is no cushion on the lounger I might just get a few extra towels from the station to cushion my cushion.;) We are even on the same route other than the departure from FLL. We have been to all the ports before, but it is great to read another's perspective of them.

As for weather today in London, Ontario it is expected to be a high or -22F with windchill, and this weather is for cast for a few more days. Enjoy the ship or beach or whatever you are up to and think about those of us at home with a 120F temperature difference. :eek::):D

I wish we were with you, but we escape in a few weeks so all will be good sooner than later.

Thanks again as I am enjoying the review.

Andrew

Robyn,

Your review is a bright spot from an otherwise gloomy,snowy,icky etc..day here in central MA. We are in countdown mode. 8 weeks from today we board. If you get a chance, please post hours of flow rider ,climbing wall. Have 3 teen boys who are just beside themselves as to being able to do this. Love seeing all your pix. Enjoy the sunshine for me.

Anne

Jules you will love the cabana! Yes, it's expensive but it's a wonderful way to spend a day on Labadee if you can swing it.5e567bb333364d95e851229d94313431.jpg

Here's a reminder for you!

Robyn I absolutely agree on the cabanas. I always book one for Labadee and invite friends. April will be my fourth time there and have a cabana as well.

Really enjoying your report :)

4fcb72f413549af7613697e17ee8b28d.jpg

Main Dining Room

The waiter with his hands behind his back is at the very table we had 8 years ago. 65 more days to go, hopefully most of them above 0F unlike today.

My time is only available on deck 5

I requested a table for 4 next to a window. The reply that I got said we would be assigned to table 362 on Deck 5. We have chosen early seating.

First question...Is Deck 5 also for assigned dining as well as My Time.

Second question: Can I ask a big favor....Would you see if table 362 is next to a window or is it next to the wall between the windows?

Your review and pix have been fabulous. Can't wait to board FOS!

TIA,

Pam

301d0171533de10a88a5e504081f4257.jpg

I may or may not have smuggled this tiny bottle of Sangsters Rum Cream onboard today...... I may or may not be enjoying a glass right now. Let's go with I am [emoji1]

My wife's absolute favorite Caribbean liquor. We are on FOS next week (4 days!) going the Eastern Route. We will definitely be looking for some of this in St. Thomas to both bring home and surreptitiously bring abroad. Great review and pics!

Question - Has the solarium been overly packed and hard to find loungers? Also are there enough servers moving around the pool deck, or do you have to go to the bar yourself?

The Captain announced that the sea conditions are not favorable today and it would be impossible for tender operations. The picture I posted does not do the waves justice. We are bouncing around the edge of Grand Cayman. The ship is swaying side to side.... I feel bad for anyone who suffers from sea sickness, this won't be good for them. The Captain is hopeful there will be sunshine later today. Right now he is making a wide turn that will take us away from GC. Feels like a carnival ride!

Update! No Grand Cayman! The ship is pitching and rolling like crazy.

I was wondering why the ship is still moving. Yes, I am finally able to track the ship after all these days since leaving Port Canaveral. Can you see Grand Caymam off of the starboard side of the ship?

Navigator of the Seas is way off of your port bow. It may be too far away to see.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Robyn, are you saying you made it to Grand Cayman, but it's too rough to tender?

Yes, but the sea is really bad. I'm trying to type on my iPhone and it's difficult. Waves are sideways.....

The Captain announced that the sea conditions are not favorable today and it would be impossible for tender operations. The picture I posted does not do the waves justice. We are bouncing around the edge of Grand Cayman. The ship is swaying side to side.... I feel bad for anyone who suffers from sea sickness, this won't be good for them. The Captain is hopeful there will be sunshine later today. Right now he is making a wide turn that will take us away from GC. Feels like a carnival ride!

That really bites. Oh well, maybe an earlier departure from GC will mean more port time in Cozumel?

I was wondering why the ship is still moving. Yes, I am finally able to track the ship after all these days since leaving Port Canaveral. Can you see Grand Caymam off of the starboard side of the ship?

Navigator of the Seas is way off of your port bow. It may be too far away to see.

Yes, we can see GC, and now we are waving goodbye. [emoji15]

Yes, but the sea is really bad. I'm trying to type on my iPhone and it's difficult. Waves are sideways.....

Must be pretty bad because sometimes they tender on the north side of the island if the conditions there are better. Sounds as if it's bad all over since they are turning away.

Good luck!

Edited by clarea