Emerald or Caribbean for longer cruise?

whiterose

Far more similar than different. No covered pool on either. Forced to choose, I'd pick Emerald. Subtle differences that I prefer such as Adagio lounge and placement of Sabatini's. And a larger International Cafe. But really, those are nits to pick in the larger scheme of things.

Thanks everyone. Good to know we can't go wrong with either of these ships. Wish one had a covered pool as that would be the winner. Love the covered pool on the Golden as you can swim even when it's cold on deck.

You could always book a S/A or AUS/NZ on the Golden:D. Wherever your future cruise plans take you, I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I guess I am the contrarian on this post. The two ships are quite similar but I would vote for the Caribbean by a small margin. I must say that I have not been on the Caribbean but have spent many days on the Golden and the layout of the public spaces on the Plaza, Fiesta and Promenade decks are essentially identical on the Caribbean and the Golden.

I like the smaller more intimate Wheelhouse Bar.

I like the fact that the espresso machine is not behind the bar but in a more more accessible location in the International Cafe.

I like the layout of Vines better.

I like the "shopping cart handle" Skywalkers, both the location and the fact there are more shady areas by the Terrace Pool below.

I like the fact that the stage in the Princess theater is slightly lower because I like to sit in the first half dozen rows during the production shows and I don't need to be looking up that much.

I agree that the Caribbean doesn't have the Adagio Bar and there is no gelato in the International Cafe :(

On a final note, when you look at my list or other items mentioned on the other posts, there are just minor differences and my deciding factor would be the itinerary rather than the ship.

Great brain teaser for the morning as I wake fully up...

I'd probably pick Emerald because by the time it goes TA I'll have sailed on it twice in cold and warm weather and find it to be a nice ship. Caribbean is just fine as well. I'd say if given a ticket to go on either I wouldn't balk at the opportunity.

Emerald by a large margin. We've been on both ships over the last year. The Caribbean has a constant vibration in the aft of the ship that you can feel all the way up to Horizon Court. A friend who sailed on her a year before we did also mentioned the vibration and a lot of other things that we noticed as well. There have been some positive reports recently about the condition of the ship, but there are other great Princess ships and we won't book the Caribbean again unless there is no other choice for a specific itinerary.

I have been on both ships and am about to board the Emerald again in a few short weeks. However I have a cruise on the Caribbean on the schedule for next year. I like the Emerald slightly more than the Caribbean. The Emerald has skywalkers moved forward so it is not over the stern making the plunge pool nicer. I like the Adagio, a lounge bar, and the layout of the piaza on the Emerald.

We have sailed on both ships more than once & I'd pick the Emerald if I had the choice. We like the larger Wheelhouse. But that being said we have a Transatlantic booked on both the Emerald & the Caribbean this year. You really can't make a bad choice.

I like the "shopping cart handle" Skywalkers, both the location and the fact there are more shady areas by the Terrace Pool below.

I like the fact that the stage in the Princess theater is slightly lower because I like to sit in the first half dozen rows during the production shows and I don't need to be looking up that much.

Two of the things I like better on the Caribbean, Golden and Star.