Elite question

butternut1

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help with. Hubby and I are elite and are booked on a 14 day on the Regal. I know that we get a mini bar set up when we board the ship. Because we are doing a 14 day which is also offered as two 7 day cruises, will we get just the one set up or will we get a second set up? Also, would we only be able to bring on 2 bottles of wine or could we bring on 4? Thanks so much for any information.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help with. Hubby and I are elite and are booked on a 14 day on the Regal. I know that we get a mini bar set up when we board the ship. Because we are doing a 14 day which is also offered as two 7 day cruises, will we get just the one set up or will we get a second set up? Also, would we only be able to bring on 2 bottles of wine or could we bring on 4? Thanks so much for any information.

You will get two setups, but will only be able to bring on 2 bottles of wine. You can of course bring extra wine, but will have to pay the corkage fees.

I thought if you book at a 14 you only get one set up. The advantage of the 14 vs 7 is the OBC is more if you are booking with future cruise certificate, have military benefits or stock. It depends on how you book it as.

If the cruise is sold as a 14 only you get one setup. If the cruise is sold as 2 7's, you get two setups. Has nothing to do with OBC FCC credit, shareholder or military.

If the cruise is sold as a 14 only you get one setup. If the cruise is sold as 2 7's, you get two setups. Has nothing to do with OBC FCC credit, shareholder or military.

Pia, I think every Elite now gets a setup on turnaround day, regardless of how the cruise is sold. When I did the Vancouver-Tahiti in September/October, I got a second setup (well, coffee cards) in Honolulu. And I had done the whole sailing as one booking.

Of course the reason to "split up" bookings is the OBC, since you and I can't step on board a Princess ship without a minimum of $150 OBC as loyalty and shareholder. I split up a 30 day on the Golden into a 2 and a 28 for next year just to get an extra set of OBC.

Edited by Wehwalt

Pia, I think every Elite now gets a setup on turnaround day, regardless of how the cruise is sold. When I did the Vancouver-Tahiti in September/October, I got a second setup (well, coffee cards) in Honolulu. And I had done the whole sailing as one booking.

Of course the reason to "split up" bookings is the OBC, since you and I can't step on board a Princess ship without a minimum of $150 OBC as loyalty and shareholder. I split up a 30 day on the Golden into a 2 and a 28 for next year just to get an extra set of OBC.

Yep, you are right. They said at the front desk they don't know how you scheduled, 2 seven days of 1 14 day.

Pia is correct. It has nothing to do with whether you booked it as one longer or two shorter cruises. If there's a turnaround day, you get a new set-up and Internet package. That's been true for years. No change in the policy.

If you're only receiving 1 setup you're getting short changed. ;) We were on the CB with you 2 weeks ago when you were the "Most Traveled Pax" and we had booked the cruise as a 14 day trip and also received a new setup on Jan 31, Feb 7 and again on Feb 14. (all turned into coffee cards) Weird.

Gary, I didn't say how YOU bought the cruise, but how it was sold. 14 days cruises don't have turnaround days. Your cruise had embarkation in Honolulu, making it a separate cruise, thus obtaining another setup. You know I know the difference. ;)

Gary, I didn't say how YOU bought the cruise, but how it was sold. 14 days cruises don't have turnaround days. Your cruise had embarkation in Honolulu, making it a separate cruise, thus obtaining another setup. You know I know the difference. ;)

Well duh of course you know. I was afraid other people might misunderstand so clarified.

Pia is correct. It has nothing to do with whether you booked it as one longer or two shorter cruises. If there's a turnaround day, you get a new set-up and Internet package. That's been true for years. No change in the policy.

That's not what happened on our Royal Princess 20 day cruise in the Caribbean. We booked it as one 20 day cruise but only got one internet package, but two mini-bars:confused:. Where's the logic in that?. We asked various people about the other 250 internet minutes but didn,t get them.

Here's what happened for us on the Sapphire Princess two weeks ago.

Like you, we booked our cruise as 11 nights ( one booking number) but it was also sold as a 4 nighter and 7 nighter with a turnaround day in Singapore.

We received 2 mini bar set ups and Elite bathroom amenities, not sure about the wine as we bought the wine package (wine was expensive to purchase in Singapore)

Also as others are discussing internet, we only received the one package each 250 minutes based on 11 nights. I did not activate my husbands until the last part of the cruise and they had lessened the hours to 150 minutes (based on 7 nights) I spoke with someone in the Internet cafe and he said that it automatically reverts back if not activated on the first leg. He adjusted it and we received the remaining 100 minutes.

Hope that helps a bit:)

I guess we were lucky in the past. Each b2b, we've boarded with four bottles of wine or champagne. Once they saw we were on the next sailing, they let the second two bottles go through, no questions, no problem. Every time. Again, maybe we were lucky. But we're sailing this weekend on a b2b with four bottles, so we'll see :)

I guess we were lucky in the past. Each b2b, we've boarded with four bottles of wine or champagne. Once they saw we were on the next sailing, they let the second two bottles go through, no questions, no problem. Every time. Again, maybe we were lucky. But we're sailing this weekend on a b2b with four bottles, so we'll see :)

The only time in the same situation they allowed us to bring 2 bottles each (no fee) when sailing a b2b. I think this is another example of how things are enforced based on who is handling the wine desk during embarkation which will vary.

If anyone sailing b2b wants 2 coffee cards on the 2nd cruise room service appreciates calling them a day or two before the next cruise to request the coffee cards. They're already busy & not having to deliver a complete minibar setup to later exchange it for coffee cards doesn't waste their time.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's not what happened on our Royal Princess 20 day cruise in the Caribbean. We booked it as one 20 day cruise but only got one internet package, but two mini-bars:confused:. Where's the logic in that?. We asked various people about the other 250 internet minutes but didn,t get them.

I'm going to be on the Royal for 20 days. I booked it as a 20-day cruise--it's two 10-day cruises. So, looking forward to what we'll get. We're Platinum for the first 10 days and elite for the next 10 days in a suite.

I'm going to be on the Royal for 20 days. I booked it as a 20-day cruise--it's two 10-day cruises. So, looking forward to what we'll get. We're Platinum for the first 10 days and elite for the next 10 days in a suite.

I would have a chat with the Captain's Circle rep early on just to make sure you get all the benefits for the second leg.

I have not had trouble bringing a new bottle of wine on turnaround day, however it is booked.

Edited by Wehwalt

Congratulations on your upcoming change in Loyalty Status.

I'm just starting out, and learning such LOTSof useful information on Cruise Critic!

Crochetcruise :cool:

I have a slightly different Elite question:

We passed the magic 150 day mark on our last cruise and will taking our first sailing as Elites next month. My wife has reluctant to use the laundry perk for fear clothing will shrink if everything is dried on high. Has anyone had a problem with shrunken jeans or blouses or is she worrying too much?