Help! I am having a panic attack!

crslover

When was trying to upgrade from a guarantee inside on our cruise last spring, I checked multiple times per day for a decently priced balcony. It showed sold out many times, but occasionally one would pop up at a price I was unwilling to pay. The one day about a week before we left, I was shocked to see a balcony at a decent price (checking on my phone while we were at lunch) and immediately put a 24 hour hold on it. Good thing I did, there was just one at that price, and I called to upgrade as soon as we got home. So DO keep checking, and often, people do cancel or upgrade and things open up all the time.

We're in 3157 for our Match 1st cruise on the Eclipse and looking forward to our window. You're on the same floor as the dining room at one end and the theatre at the other end of the ship.

We've had a balcony as well as an inside and liked them all. Enjoy the cruise. I'm sure the room will be just fine. Besides, what do you do in your room besides sleep? A balcony is a different thing altogether. We loved having our breakfast and coffee out there when we didn't have an excursion booked in the morning. The inside suite lets you get a great night's sleep because it's so dark. Also great for afternoon naps when needed.

You're going to the Caribbean! Enjoy the heat, the sea, the ports and the people. Unwind.

don´t worry about the room - it will be great.

I just returned from a Solstice cruise in an inside stateroom on deck 3 (should have been right opposite your oceanview I think).

Stateroom has the same size than the rooms on other decks. You only have to walk a few steps to guest relations, MDR, Grand Foyer. No noise in the stateroom. I loved that room.

don´t worry about the room - it will be great.

I just returned from a Solstice cruise in an inside stateroom on deck 3 (should have been right opposite your oceanview I think).

Stateroom has the same size than the rooms on other decks. You only have to walk a few steps to guest relations, MDR, Grand Foyer. No noise in the stateroom. I loved that room.

I agree, we had an ocean view, in fact there were 3 other couples as well on the same

deck 3 and we absolutely loved it. At the end of each day and before dinner we would meet in the grand foyer which we fondly called the "Living Room" and had a cocktail. Errol our bartender in the passport bar knew us quite well and was so pleasant to deal with.

After our excursions it was so easy to get to our rooms .... no lining up for the elevators.

Panic attack ?????? I would be back on deck 3 in a heartbeat.

I don't blame you for being disappointed. There is nothing better when cruising is to have a cabin with a balcony for a great view and fresh air. Overall cruise amenities create a great experience.

Hopefully a Balcony will open up for you. :)

Thank you for all the input. Yes, I gave in to DH for the Perry Grant cruise. We are getting off of the Reflection the day before, which let to this cruise. I have never stayed in an oceanview and have been lucky enough to stay primarily in suites. I panicked when I thought water would come in the window. I know... Irrational. I am aware of our decision, and will live with it. But I hope something opens up, so I do not have to sell my new Grandson for the Celebrity suite.

crslover,

How lucky you are to be able to book a last minute cruise, that follows one that you have just got off, just so your husband can see Perry Grant.

Deck 3 is my favourite place to be on the Solstice class ships. I usually book closer to the passport bar, but would have no problem in your location.

We had the upgrade fairy on our last cruise and were put in a CC midship deck 7 or 9. I hated it. Give me an OV deck 3 anytime. Not a big balcony user, prefer being out and about socializing.

You will be fine, and if it starts getting you down, go and prop up the Passport Bar :)

Cheers, h

... there's an inside, cabin 8169, available right this minute for a cabin total price of $3438.40.

That alone will probably help you feel better now, crslover.

The last outside cabin we chose was on deck two and we ended up loving it, although it was on the Connie, not an S class.

Be sure to come back and report to us on how it was.

Boy! our inside(Jan.18)was 9172 & it cost us only $2795. Quite a bit less.

I thought I seen that he will be on vacation during that cruise.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We missed him on our Jan.18 trip. We're ALL entitled to vacation time. He was probably busy polishing his Brass fixtures & granite counter tops!

I thought I seen that he will be on vacation during that cruise.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We're getting off topic here, but to answer the question, Perry returned to Eclipse from vacation yesterday (Feb 16th).

How is that off the topic? The OP wrote that they wanted to take that cruise so her husband could see Perry Grant. If he was on vacation then he would be disappointed and if they found out that he wasn't on board they wouldn't have to be stressed trying to book a cabin.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I listened to all of your sage advice. I watched the website closely, and it paid off! We got a suite guarantee for for a very good price, including the 123 perks. I am a very happy cruiser. Thanks everyone!

Now we can all stop worrying about your stateroom window springing a leak.

Have a great cruise.

Positions, everyone.

I listened to all of your sage advice. I watched the website closely, and it paid off! We got a suite guarantee for for a very good price, including the 123 perks. I am a very happy cruiser. Thanks everyone!

Congratulations! I also find at least one panic attack before cruising helps me clarify my choice of cabin. If I book far enough out sometimes I can have two or three.:D

Edited by hulamoon

Or, who cares?? I suspect maybe some cruise director they think is extra special.

As others have said, book something, be prepared to live with it........

Nope. He is a ship-board entertainer who has been with Celebrity for a number of years and with Holland America prior to that. Many, many folks will book at least partially because Perry is on board. He has possibly the most loyal following of anyone performing on ships currently.

I agree, we had an ocean view, in fact there were 3 other couples as well on the same

deck 3 and we absolutely loved it. At the end of each day and before dinner we would meet in the grand foyer which we fondly called the "Living Room" and had a cocktail. Errol our bartender in the passport bar knew us quite well and was so pleasant to deal with.

After our excursions it was so easy to get to our rooms .... no lining up for the elevators.

Panic attack ?????? I would be back on deck 3 in a heartbeat.

Hi, Errol was the Passport Bar Bartender? From Jamaica?

Would you happen to know how long he had been on board? I have known

him since my very first cruise....would be lovely to see him again...I am

sailing Solstice in May.:)

I'm going to get serious here for a minute. Several of my close family members suffer from panic attacks. And believe me, suffer is the proper word. When you have a real panic attack you feel like you are going to die. It is awful to watch and I'm sure awful to experience. It can be a lifetime struggle.

I am sure no bad intent was meant by using the term, but I ask that people PLEASE do not use the term in jest - it is really not funny to people who experience them.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest - now back to cruise talk.....:)

Edited by phoenix_dream