Traveling Solo - Elite Perks

Wayneair

Will be traveling solo this fall on a 15 night transatlantic. I do understand that I will get double the points going solo, but does anyone know if I can double up on the coupons provided to Captains Club members. Namely, can I get 180 minutes of internet instead of the 90 minutes for Elites.

From what I have gathered the internet coupon is valid for use 1 time by each named and eligible passenger per cruise.

I've never been able to successfully use a 2nd internet coupon, and travel solo a lot. The internet coupon seems to be the only one they actually "validate" when used. I've sailed Solo in PH and received 4 sheets of coupons, and only been allowed to use 1 of the internet, though used all of the laundry pressing ones.

Unless you are in a suite, I would not expect a second sheet of elite coupons.

In suites, seems that each occupant gets their relevant level of Elite coupons, and then 1 sheet for each occupant is also left granting Elite level status perks.

I don't think standard cabins get anything but the appropriate number of Elite coupon sheets for the occupant.

Edited by cle-guy

I have pointed out to Celebrity that this is something they need to think about. Yes, double captains' club points are nice. But singles should also get double coupons which they can use (including the internet one) since they are, in essence, paying for two people.

So far, this idea has fallen on deaf ears, but I think it bears repeating. Perhaps some day Celebrity will listen.

Just an FYI, you really don't use the coupon any more (or at least we didn't on reflection last month). We took it to the I-Lounge and were told that they no longer used them...just sign up for the package and they automatically took off the coupon amount (I think it was $49.95??).

So I think you will just get 1.

Sorry.

Have a great cruise!

From what I have gathered the internet coupon is valid for use 1 time by each named and eligible passenger per cruise.

I've never been able to successfully use a 2nd internet coupon, and travel solo a lot. The internet coupon seems to be the only one they actually "validate" when used. I've sailed Solo in PH and received 4 sheets of coupons, and only been allowed to use 1 of the internet, though used all of the laundry pressing ones.

Unless you are in a suite, I would not expect a second sheet of elite coupons.

In suites, seems that each occupant gets their relevant level of Elite coupons, and then 1 sheet for each occupant is also left granting Elite level status perks.

I don't think standard cabins get anything but the appropriate number of Elite coupon sheets for the occupant.

Thanks for the response and I hope there is a second coupon sheet in the stateroom. That's crazy that you're in a PH room and they can not offer you additional internet time (hell it should be included as a suite perk). If only get one coupon sheet, I will go to Guest Relations and wink to see if I can get a second. If not, it won't be the first time I was told no. I've sailed solo twice ON X and just do not recall if I was given extra coupons. I'm only asking because of the number of sea days on this sailing and know I will be on the internet more than any other cruise.

I have pointed out to Celebrity that this is something they need to think about. Yes, double captains' club points are nice. But singles should also get double coupons which they can use (including the internet one) since they are, in essence, paying for two people.

So far, this idea has fallen on deaf ears, but I think it bears repeating. Perhaps some day Celebrity will listen.

Well I will join you on this crusade and call the Captains Club desk. As you said, you are paying for two people any way and it really is a soft dollar for X.

BTW, yes 6143 are great rooms on the M class vessels.

I never sail solo, but I believe in fairness and I think Celebrity's current policy is unfair. If you are in essence paying for two people, then you should get the perks of two people. It boggles my mind that they think differently, especially considering that the value of the perks themselves is really a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the response and I hope there is a second coupon sheet in the stateroom. That's crazy that you're in a PH room and they can not offer you additional internet time (hell it should be included as a suite perk). If only get one coupon sheet, I will go to Guest Relations and wink to see if I can get a second. If not, it won't be the first time I was told no. I've sailed solo twice ON X and just do not recall if I was given extra coupons. I'm only asking because of the number of sea days on this sailing and know I will be on the internet more than any other cruise.

Well I will join you on this crusade and call the Captains Club desk. As you said, you are paying for two people any way and it really is a soft dollar for X.

BTW, yes 6143 are great rooms on the M class vessels.

The second coupon sheet would not help you with internet anyway. As stated it is coded to your seeps card. The coupon is not longer needed or used.

Sorry to hijack a bit but am going to be helping my mother book a cruise as a single and wondered if she can use 2 options on 123 go since she is basically paying for 2 people? Beverage package and gratuities I was thinking. Anyone know? Thanks.

Sorry to hijack a bit but am going to be helping my mother book a cruise as a single and wondered if she can use 2 options on 123 go since she is basically paying for 2 people? Beverage package and gratuities I was thinking. Anyone know? Thanks.

Find my answer. Thanks

Very good question. You should be able to select two.

The second coupon sheet would not help you with internet anyway. As stated it is coded to your seeps card. The coupon is not longer needed or used.

There is no reason a single couldn't have two internet packages coded to the card. Except for Celebrity's unwillingness to see that singles are paying for two.

I never sail solo, but I believe in fairness and I think Celebrity's current policy is unfair. If you are in essence paying for two people, then you should get the perks of two people. It boggles my mind that they think differently, especially considering that the value of the perks themselves is really a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things.

The word SCHEME is perfect. Here's an example-- not to bash RCI or CELE but Carnival has a flat fee 60.00 for 24/7 internet use.

I still work and need the net to keep paying for cruising --- these lines just don't get it. OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no reason a single couldn't have two internet packages coded to the card. Except for Celebrity's unwillingness to see that singles are paying for two.

You are correct, there is no reason they couldn't, I was just answering the question with a statement that they don't. What they could do is not helpful, the OP needs to know what they will currently do.

They could also allow solo's to bring a guest to BLU if an a Suite or Aqua, they could provide solo's 2 drink packages when 123 is on so we can buy a newly met friend a drink. They could let solos' in suites bring a guest to dine with them when using their Specialty Dining perk in suites. They could let Solo travelers get lots of double privileges, but for whatever reason, Celebrity like may cruise liens, has determined they need not spend the effort and resources for this, as it won't enhance the bottom line in any meaningful way.

I was happy to get double Captain's Club points though!

They could also allow solo's to bring a guest to BLU if an a Suite or Aqua, they could provide solo's 2 drink packages when 123 is on so we can buy a newly met friend a drink. They could let solos' in suites bring a guest to dine with them when using their Specialty Dining perk in suites. They could let Solo travelers get lots of double privileges, but for whatever reason, Celebrity like may cruise liens, has determined they need not spend the effort and resources for this, as it won't enhance the bottom line in any meaningful way.

I'm not asking for two drink packages. That would cost them money. But is wouldn't cost them much to give two sets of coupons. And, yes, I understand that we don't use the internet coupons any more, but they could easily code the card for two packages.

I do appreciate the double points, although I won't make it to Zenith in my lifetime. I'm stuck at Zen, as someone else called the no man's land between Elite + and Zenith.

I'm not asking for two drink packages. That would cost them money. But is wouldn't cost them much to give two sets of coupons. And, yes, I understand that we don't use the internet coupons any more, but they could easily code the card for two packages.

Anytime one uses a coupon, it's lost revenue for X. If you want a scoop of gelato we will either pay for it or use the coupon. Using the coupon, costs them lost revenue, letting you use 2 coupons, means they lost it 2 times.

And X certainly is paying someone for use of the internet, so there is real cost to them as well when giving out packages. No idea what they get charged, but I'd assume it's a 3rd party contract much like they farm out retail and spa, so that party bills X regardless of how X sells or collects money for the use of the internet and its equipment.

Giving free internet has costs that X has to pay for, just like giving a 2nd drink package has costs, and lost revenues.

True the cost of the actual coupons is pennies to print, but the lost revenue could be dramatic depending on the user. Myself, all I used last cruise was the Pressing coupon, and my free internet minutes, (not even the gelato coupon) the others were meaningless with drinks packages, and no need to do laundry on 7 day cruises.

I've got an idea, instead of giving solos the classic beverage package, upgrade them to the premium package.

Originally Posted by foodgirl

Originally posted by Wayneair

Very good question. You should be able to select two.

Thank you for responding.

Unfortunately the answer is incorrect.

Singles do not get to use BOTH the 123 perk on their reservation, plus another one for the person who isn't in the cabin.

Even if 2 sail in a single cabin, BOTH must select the same package, they can't have 1 take beverages and another take OBC or Gratuities.

So if you are solo, in essence you DO get 2 beverage packages, or 2 gratuities paid or 1 OBC.

• But since only 1 person has a SeaPass card, only 1 beverage package can be consumed, since there is no 2nd occupant;
  • the gratuities for 2nd occupant are never even billed, therefore they are not taken off either.
  • The OBC is split between the 2 guests, so in this case the solo passenger will get the full OBC, which may be worth more than the beverage package depending on itinerary.

Anytime one uses a coupon, it's lost revenue for X. If you want a scoop of gelato we will either pay for it or use the coupon. Using the coupon, costs them lost revenue, letting you use 2 coupons, means they lost it 2 times.

And X certainly is paying someone for use of the internet, so there is real cost to them as well when giving out packages. No idea what they get charged, but I'd assume it's a 3rd party contract much like they farm out retail and spa, so that party bills X regardless of how X sells or collects money for the use of the internet and its equipment.

Giving free internet has costs that X has to pay for, just like giving a 2nd drink package has costs, and lost revenues.

True the cost of the actual coupons is pennies to print, but the lost revenue could be dramatic depending on the user. Myself, all I used last cruise was the Pressing coupon, and my free internet minutes, (not even the gelato coupon) the others were meaningless with drinks packages, and no need to do laundry on 7 day cruises.

Actually, in my case, not lost revenue. Before I was given coupons for internet, I made do with what was available in port. The gelato is not worth the price they charge and I hardly ever remember to use that coupon anyway.

Anyway, you're missing the point. I've paid the cost for two people. But I only get one set of coupons.

Actually, in my case, not lost revenue. Before I was given coupons for internet, I made do with what was available in port. The gelato is not worth the price they charge and I hardly ever remember to use that coupon anyway.

Anyway, you're missing the point. I've paid the cost for two people. But I only get one set of coupons.

I get the point, 8 of my 10 sailings are as solo. I've made that argument to the Hotel Director and Miatre'd.

The point is the custom in cruising is to sell a cabin, and provide benefits to each individual human being staying in the cabin. The custom is to display pricing for 1 person "based on double occupancy". It would-be nice to get benefits for 2 since we paid for 2 but the cruise lines see it more like they sold a cabin, and sometimes they get lucky as only 1 person is in it so they are saving some expense in those instances by not having to provide services to 2 people.

You get 1 set of coupons for each registered Captain's Club member staying in he cabin and I believe they even afford them to non captains club members who are guests of a member, sharing the same cabin. They are not issued 2 sets per cabin much as we may like them to do so.

But If making changes, extra coupons are at the bottom of my list. I'd much rather have dining and other events allow me to bring a guest.