Can you take a can of soda from Concierge Club

lawgirl

Hello. On Vision later this year. I drink coke zero ( or diet coke if there is no coke zero) during the night. I usually bring a 6 pack of bottles on a cruise. However, we are in a suite....can I just get a can at night from the concierge club to take back to my cabin? I thought in general one can't take drinks out of concierge club. Thanks!

IME, it has been quite a while since anyone cares if you take your drink out of the lounge.

I often ask for a can of soda and a glass of ice. Never a problem.

No lounge (I am not talking about overflow areas or using your vouchers) is actually a bar. No "soda gun" in any of them. They all wheel in the supply. The soda source is cans.

The official rule is "no" however we never have an issue. We tip the server, every night (which doesn't appear to be the norm), so they tend to look out for us. Before we leave every night we ask for a couple cans of coke, unopened (to put in our bag). We have yet to have any push back. On our Greek isles cruise, we had a GREAT server, Chris. There 5 of us in the royal family suite. By day four he'd bring our sodas (2 cokes, 1 diet coke, 1 gingerale) unopened about 15 minutes before the time we usually left (plus refilling our alcoholic drinks). He got tipped extra well, and we still talk about how great he was.

Currently on day 5 on the rhapsody in Australia and have brought out an unopened coke every night.

What would be the reason they don't allow you to leave the lounge with your drink to begin with? No other bars have a problem with it.

In the past, it has been to prevent sharing of drinks. I don't think that is a concern anymore since they started the drink vouchers.

IME, it has been quite a while since anyone cares if you take your drink out of the lounge.

I often ask for a can of soda and a glass of ice. Never a problem.

No lounge (I am not talking about overflow areas or using your vouchers) is actually a bar. No "soda gun" in any of them. They all wheel in the supply. The soda source is cans.

Brilliance CL has the soda gun...I was hoping for a can in Dec. & instead my sprite was from the gun...

Brilliance CL has the soda gun...I was hoping for a can in Dec. & instead my sprite was from the gun...

Ah. I haven't been on the Brilliance, or any Radiance class ship in a while. I guess that they turned the previous VCL space into the lounge, and left the regular bar in place? That would account for their being a soda gun setup.

:)

Did they have ANY soda in cans on the Brilliance? One advantage of the cans is that they will sometimes have types of soda that they don't have on the gun.

Ah. I haven't been on the Brilliance, or any Radiance class ship in a while. I guess that they turned the previous VCL space into the lounge, and left the regular bar in place? That would account for their being a soda gun setup.

Did they have ANY soda in cans on the Brilliance? One advantage of the cans is that they will sometimes have types of soda that they don't have on the gun.

So does that mean the bar doesn't spin anymore

The CL on the Brilliance is off to the side where Hollywood Odessey used to be...the DL is across the hall in an area converted from the VCL...the revolving bar in VCL is still there..

I "thought" I saw people with can's of soda in the CL...but the night I asked for soda I was sitting at the bar & it came out of the gun...

What would be the reason they don't allow you to leave the lounge with your drink to begin with? No other bars have a problem with it.

When you PAY for your drink, you can do with it as you please. The CL gives you "free" drinks...and they don't want you giving them to those who aren't entitled to them. That's the reason.

Hello. On Vision later this year. I drink coke zero ( or diet coke if there is no coke zero) during the night. I usually bring a 6 pack of bottles on a cruise. However, we are in a suite....can I just get a can at night from the concierge club to take back to my cabin? I thought in general one can't take drinks out of concierge club. Thanks!

doubtful. one they only serve them during cocktail hour, the rest of the time they are locked up or not even in the CL at all depending on where it is located. and secondly,I have only seen them pour drinks into a glass, never serve the actual can or pass one over unopened.

as for not letting drinks out, I think that is going away.. the lounges are getting to be very crowded with no room to just sit and relax/enjoy so most Concierges I have noticed turn blind eye to grab n go types. esp. for the ones located adjacent to VCL or a similar bar where overflow is beings went anyway.

i you wanted to do that you may have to grease a palm or two on the first night to ensure it is an option the ersatz of the week.

I don't know about Jewel, but they no longer spin on the other 3 ships.

I talked to a gentleman on some cruise, that had something to do with the installation of the bars, he said that RC doesn't bother to repair things like that. He also mentioned the golf simulators with the same issue, once broken, they were never repaired.