Allure Coming Back In?

Cruiser21

Let's just be thankfull that Allure has already departed. If it was like Oasis a few months ago when there was a death, there would have been an investigation prior to Allure leaving. Oasis didn't leave till almost 11 the night they had the investigation.

Whatever the case, I hope things go as smooth as possible for those who needed help.

Let's just be thankfull that Allure has already departed. If it was like Oasis a few months ago when there was a death, there would have been an investigation prior to Allure leaving. Oasis didn't leave till almost 11 the night they had the investigation.

Whatever the case, I hope things go as smooth as possible for those who needed help.

What sort of communication do they give the passengers on board when something like that happens? I'm guessing it's somewhat vague but do they at least tell them they are returning to port for a medical emergency and what the time impact might be? I can't imagine the chaos on a ship the size of Allure or Oasis if all of those passengers are left to try and figure it out and drive the rest of the crew crazy with questions.

Edited by donsullivan

What sort of communication do they give the passengers on board when something like that happens? I'm guessing it's somewhat vague but do they at least tell them they are returning to port for a medical emergency and what the time impact might be? I can't imagine the chaos on a ship the size of Allure or Oasis if all of those passengers are left to try and figure it out and drive the rest of the crew crazy with questions.

That's exactly what we were told once. There's no chaos.

We were on the Regal Princess two weeks ago. Between the Bahamas and Cozumel the ship turned back to Miami for medical evacuations.

Nobody panicked, nobody drove the crew crazy. The captain announced the deviation and we were told they will let us know how itinerary might be affected. I guess they had to wait and see how long we would be in Miami. They then announced that we would still make our remaining ports with one sea day moved up a day. The port stops were a little shorter and the ship was sailing close to top speed a lot of the time. The cruise went on and we had a good cruise.