Feel a Little Silly about Ship Paint Jobs?

Oak Hill Cruisers

Just wondering how PAX felt about the NCL ship hull paint jobs. They are over the top funky & colorful.

Old timers must think that the graphics mar the lines of the ships. I sort of like it, do you?

I like the paint jobs on some of the ships I've seen, including Breakaway, Getaway, and even Epic, but thought the paint job on the Gem was hideous when I saw it in person. Can't win 'em all I guess.

I love the paint job on hull of each of the NCL ships - they grow on me (especially the Breakaway). It is fantastic to walk back to the ship looking at the hull art during each port of call.

My fave is the SUN. Each of the NCL ship has art to match their name.

Another cruise line has the bold hull paint job - it's AIDA, but I only have seen one or 2 - need to see more of them and study them (with the ship name).

I get unimpressed when I see plain painted ships, ha ha.

I love the paint job on hull of each of the NCL ships - they grow on me (especially the Breakaway). It is fantastic to walk back to the ship looking at the hull art during each port of call.

My fave is the SUN. Each of the NCL ship has art to match their name.

Another cruise line has the bold hull paint job - it's AIDA, but I only have seen one or 2 - need to see more of them and study them (with the ship name).

I get unimpressed when I see plain painted ships, ha ha.

Yes, Aida as those big set of lips go cruising by:D

I love the hull art. The first ship we sailed that had the hull art was the Jewel. I loved it. It was fun when walking around the deck to look at. The second is the Breakaway..last February and again this coming Sunday. I am not a big Peter Maxx fan but to me NYC is the most exciting city in the world and I love that the Breakaway displays some of the best parts of it. This will be our 5th time cruising from NY harbor. Its been just as exciting each time.The Jewel and last year's Breakaway was the third week in February. on the Jewel departure it was freezing......but I bundled up in layers..many layers and went out of my balcony for a freezing departure but nothing can beat sailing by the Statue of Liberty to make one appreciate our country.

Count me in as another admirer of the hull art. The designs are so colorful and whimsical and identify the ship immediately as a NCL member. Makes me want to see what the inside of a ship is like that is so distinctive on the outside.

I too love the distinctive artwork on the NCL ships! It is always easy to tell that it is a NCL ship, even if you don't recognize which one. On our last cruise, we were parked alongside a RCL ship, but couldn't find the name anywhere nor was there anything special about the appearance of the ship. The only reason I knew it was RCL was that I recognized their logo.

Just wondering how PAX felt about the NCL ship hull paint jobs. They are over the top funky & colorful.

Old timers must think that the graphics mar the lines of the ships. I sort of like it, do you?

No opinion one way or the other. I am inside the ship -- the paint job is outside.