New RC Terminal at Port Canaveral

RustyHull

Where do you get your sea pass??? If you haven't checked in yet?

He meant SetSail pass, which is the boarding pass document that you print out after completing online check-in and making final payment.

Can someone post in detail where to go and what to do when ARRIVING at the terminal? We will be doing either the Radisson or car rental shuttles (I haven't decided yet which we will use). Also, I am Platinum so is there a different line for us or just the regular line for check in?

Back in late April, we stayed at the Raddison and used their shuttle. When we got off the buss driver and one of the porters made sure everyone knew what do to with their bags and which way to go. It was about a 50 yard walk to the main doors in a covered walkway. Once inside there was one long line, but that was for a wedding taking place. There were several security people pointing everyone in the right direction. There was a gold and platinum line. At 11:15 it had about 5 people in line and 5 agents. People there didn't talk long. We went to the emerald and above line and walked right up to an available agent. It was a pretty smooth process.

Edited by BillOh

He meant SetSail pass, which is the boarding pass document that you print out after completing online check-in and making final payment.

Where is the embarrassment smilie when you need it. :banghead:

Just got off enchantment monday. Just like john and lala said warlier easy peasy. If uou get to port by 1130 or so it is pretty uncrowded to drop off luggage. We came at 1pm on a previous fos cruise and the drop off luggage area was packed. Could be that enchantment has about half the passengers of freedom.

Go thru tsa with everyone and up the escalators. When you get up there rci personnel can help direct you to the appropriate line for your seapass card. Then onto the ship if it is ready.

Thanks everyone! That was really helpful and the pictures were nice to see, too. Always like to know the "how tos" prior to boarding in a new location.

Thanks everyone! That was really helpful and the pictures were nice to see, too. Always like to know the "how tos" prior to boarding in a new location.

I had a picture inside lower level, but they made me delete it. Still no signs up two months later saying no pics. :o

Fireworks at the Cove on Thursday, Cocoa Village on Friday and Fischer Park in Cocoa Beach on Saturday. We will watch Saturday from our dune crossover.

I was wrong, :o Cocoa Beach is Friday and Cocoa Village is Saturday. However, we did get invited to watch from a balcony on 6 vs the crossover. :D

Some of us have a hard time following instructions.

Seriously, we've sailed twice out of T1. Enchantment over Easter and Freedom last week. Both times were passenger vehicle drop offs. So here goes that procedure.

Pull in to parking garage look for drop off lane.

Give luggage to porter, ask for tags if you don't have them, tip him.

Walk into terminal, show sea pass

Go through security, show sea pass and appropriate govmt issued ID

Take escalators to upper floor.

Get in appropriate line based on status or accommodation.

Check in and get key card

Go to appropriate waiting areas if boarding has not started.

Go on ship, wait till 1:00 or 1:30 for cabin to open.

It is really easier than any terminal I have cruised out of and I'm really not that prejudiced. Well maybe I am

Sometimes, there's no one there to direct OR they direct to the wrong line. We sailed on the Freedom when they were having engine issues in December. Boarding was VERY late and lines outside the building were horrendous. When we got to the terminal, they just grouped everyone in a line even when we asked where the Priority C&A line was to get into the terminal. Stood in the sun for an hour and a half waiting to get in the terminal and got burned before we even got on the ship. Finally made it around the corner and almost into the terminal when we saw the signs for the Priority entrance. Doh! Could have made it in much faster if they directed us correctly.

So...Is there a clearly marked Priority entrance to get in the new terminal?

We used the new terminal for the first time in February sailing on the Enchantment. We pulled in, parked, wheeled our bags to check in. A piece of cake. This experience was so

much faster and more organized than ever before. Getting off was easy also. Ten minutes after our number was called we were on our way to the car.

It must get worse after self disembark, we were off ship and picked up by 7:30. Pick up lanes very smooth
It really did get worse. In February when we disembarked from FR, we made the mistake of me waiting near the Terminal with the bags while DH got the car -- horrid nightmare. Our May disembarkation was totally smooth as we had the porter take the bags to the car.

Sometimes, there's no one there to direct OR they direct to the wrong line. We sailed on the Freedom when they were having engine issues in December. Boarding was VERY late and lines outside the building were horrendous. When we got to the terminal, they just grouped everyone in a line even when we asked where the Priority C&A line was to get into the terminal. Stood in the sun for an hour and a half waiting to get in the terminal and got burned before we even got on the ship. Finally made it around the corner and almost into the terminal when we saw the signs for the Priority entrance. Doh! Could have made it in much faster if they directed us correctly.

So...Is there a clearly marked Priority entrance to get in the new terminal?

That would have been the old terminal. Just ask for D+ line, it was on the right after you entered

It really did get worse. In February when we disembarked from FR, we made the mistake of me waiting near the Terminal with the bags while DH got the car -- horrid nightmare. Our May disembarkation was totally smooth as we had the porter take the bags to the car.

We haven't parked yet, we may on the Enchantment in November. $60 to park or two $25 cab rides.

$25 includes tip, but I would spend $10 on convenience
Agree -- so you think parking in the garage is more convenient? We definitely do -- we always stay at hotels in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach that has parking but when we get off the ship, DH wants to get on the road.

Agree -- so you think parking in the garage is more convenient? We definitely do -- we always stay at hotels in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach that has parking but when we get off the ship, DH wants to get on the road.

Just on a 3 day

We arrived at the terminal in a rental car shuttle with our luggage. The shuttle driver asked everyone to stay seated in the shuttle while he handed the luggage out to the porters. Said that the porters liked it better that way. Tipped the shuttle driver and the porters and walked toward the entrance.

Once inside, there was a separate security lane on the right for priority status (don't recall exactly what level was needed...maybe D+??). When we cleared security, we entered a common space with those who were in the priority lane. If I recall correctly, there were two escalators going upstairs that everyone used. Once upstairs and in the main hall, there were separate lines for checking in.

We didn't get off the ship until about 9:00. There was definitely a dedicated line for porters but it was very long and only used 1 or maybe 2 customs agents. The line for everyone else was quite a bit longer but used several customs agents, so it moved quickly. Net, I'm not sure that using a porter saved time at that point in the morning. It would definitely have been more convenient though if you have a lot of luggage.

I don't have experience with using Terminal 10, but I just went out on Terminal 1 last week. We stayed at the Radisson , so we used their shuttle (so I can't give tips on parking at the port itself). What I can say though is that for me, it was one of the absolute smoothest embarkation and disembarkation of any cruise I have been on (this was my 7th).

We arrived via shuttle at 10:30-ish. Had to wait in line about 2 minutes. We had our sea pass cards in hand within 5 minutes of walking in the building. We were directed to a huge seating area (no problem finding a seat). They started boarding within 5 minutes of us sitting down. We were on the ship within 10-15 minutes of walking in the building (they were boarding by status... I just got to Platinum and it was only a short wait while they called Emerald and above before me)

Getting off and finding our luggage was just as easy (we were in group 7 which was called precisely at 8:55am as the sheet said it would be). Found out luggage easy peasy. Grabbed a porter and we were through customs and out the door within 5-7 minutes of walking off the ship. I was back at my car at the Radisson by 9:30a.

All in all, the process went extremely well for me.

Melissa

We never had any problems at PC, always thought it was one of the better ports.

As you stated, and another poster suggested, its much quicker with a porter especially if when you're exiting an Oasis Class ship!

So it might be a good idea to use a porter when the Oasis comes to PC, at least in the beginning.:)