Staterooms for party of 4 adults?

minn0315

My wife and I have cruised for many years on RCI, but we have always been alone, just the two of us. In 2016 my wife will be planning a cruise for herself and three other adult friends.

What cabins/staterooms will accommodate a party of 4 adults in one room?

Well worth the extra $$ to book two cabins. It's not really that much extra, rates for 3rd & 4th passenger in same cabin aren't as deeply discounted as they used to be. We always book separate when traveling with our teens and are happy for the extra bathroom and extra space.

Agree with the other poster's about booking 2 cabins...but if they are set on sharing a cabin then they will need to have the deck plans handy when they are choosing a cabin...insides, outsides, balconies & suites all have cabins that will hold 4...but not ALL cabins in each category will hold 4..the deck plan will show if there are 2 extra pullman beds, 1 pullman & 1 sofabed..or just the sofa bed..and from personal experience...the sofa bed in not very big or comfortable at all...also...are the adults going to be agile enough to climb into the pullman beds?

Agree with the other poster's about booking 2 cabins...but if they are set on sharing a cabin then they will need to have the deck plans handy when they are choosing a cabin...insides, outsides, balconies & suites all have cabins that will hold 4...but not ALL cabins in each category will hold 4..the deck plan will show if there are 2 extra pullman beds, 1 pullman & 1 sofabed..or just the sofa bed..and from personal experience...the sofa bed in not very big or comfortable at all...also...are the adults going to be agile enough to climb into the pullman beds?

exactly. I had bruises all over my stomach getting in and out of the Pullman. It was just as comfortable but I had to make sure I wasn't getting up to use the facilities all night:rolleyes:

Has no one booked a cruise for four people in one cabin?

you waited less than an hour before posting this. people do have lives outside of the CC.

you have to do your own research when it comes to cabin configuration.

but the general consensus is, outside of a suite, book 2 cabins for adults. beds 3 and 4 are usually pullmans that fold out from the ceiling, or a pullout couch.

We just had a D1 for 2 adults and 2 kids (age 4 and 8).

I feel that the extra balcony space vs an inside/ocean view would be crucial for 4 adults - someplace for the early riser or night owl to go and unwind.

We had ~10 days of clothing with us because we traveled before/after our cruise and didn't want to deal with laundry. Also - half of those days were expected to be cold, so really - tons of clothing. I had no problem getting EVERYTHING out of our 4 full size suitcases and into a spot in the room (we used every inch I could find, but it fit in an orderly way). I believe that 4 woman could unpack their clothing into the closets (shelves for most cloths, hanging formal wear), but one person would need to be tall enough to use the cabinets above the safe for clothing and they would need to be willing to all 'mix' their shoes into one or two of the closet cubby areas maybe.

For bathroom space - it would be smart for them to strategically pack toiletries so that they didn't have all 4 of them bringing the random rarely used items that take up a lot of space (scissor, bandaids, laundry stain treatment, Clorox wipes, sewing kit, etc). Our family uses a Mary Kay Travel organizer that has 4 detachable small clear zipper deal compartments - one is mine, one is my kids, and the other 2 are the misc stuff. My DH has his own hanging case. These fit well in the bathroom hanging on the towel bar and would work well to keep the clutter to a minimum for 4 people.

Shower timelines - I brought a very lightweight robe/coverup to put on after the shower so that I didnt have to rush to put on clothing. I imagine that the women may want something similar. To hold that, I brought an over the door hook for the closet doors and it was perfect. Several nights all 4 of us were dressed in 45-50 minutes including showers - but the only one insisting on modesty was my 8 year old, the rest of us just knew we had to do what we had to do. No one in our family required a blow dryer as part of the routine!

Outlets - you will need a strategy for charging devices for 4 people. We had to charge 2 phones every night but all other devices were able to be more flexible so we could do them during the day etc as it was convenient.

Sleeping - the bedding option in our D1 was the two twins pushed together to make a jog and the pull out sofa. One of the sofa sleepers will be sleeping 'along the wall' which can make climbing out tricky if you are an early riser or Need to use the facilities in the middle of the night!! (We left some glow sticks around that could easily be picked up to see better in the middle of the night for a potty break!). I don't think that the twin beds will be able to be separated while also having the sofa out in this config but I could be wrong.

SOOO - my goal here was to share with you some thoughts and tips should your wife opt to use a D1 layout. That being said - it's VERY worth looking at the cost difference for getting 2 rooms. I know that as my kids age, I plan to look for some of those hidden gem rooms that have a balcony room and an inside or ocean view room adjacent so that we can share space and balcony access but have 2 bathrooms and better bedding layouts. The previous poster is correct that the 3rd and 4th cruiser are no where near as good a value as they used to be!

Good Luck planning!!!

Yes, we have twice, but the two others were our children; we had to do this in order to take those cruise vacations. We could not afford two cabins. I agree with the others in that 4 unrelated adults in one cabin would be very tight and not very comfortable or enjoyable, in my opinion.

My wife and I have cruised for many years on RCI, but we have always been alone, just the two of us. In 2016 my wife will be planning a cruise for herself and three other adult friends.

What cabins/staterooms will accommodate a party of 4 adults in one room?

Well, staterooms that accommodate 4 people varies from ship to ship. 4 berthed cabins are usually available in both inside and outside cabins and some balconies cabins thorough the ship. You will have to call RCI and inquire. 4 berth cabins are great for families traveling with young children/teenagers or maybe 4 young single adults in their 20's on a budget who only use the cabin to sleep. However, I would NOT recommend it for 4 regular adults. I did not once and swore NEVER again. It can be a logistic nightmare. It's just too tight and 4 people sharing the bathroom is a challenge to say the least. Two people will have to sleep in the upper berths and getting up and down a latter especially at night is a hassle. Just get two cheap connecting inside or outside cabins or a balcony cabin and an inside cabin directly across. Some RCI ships do have 4 berthed family cabins with two rooms & two baths if you insist you all want to be together. You really have to weigh the savings of a 4 berth cabin vs piece of mind.

Has no one booked a cruise for four people in one cabin?

No I never have and never will. I´d rather not cruise than cruise with 4 in a cabin.

About any category (Inside, Outside, Balcony, Suite) will have cabins that accomodate 4.

No I never have and never will. I´d rather not cruise than cruise with 4 in a cabin.

About any category (Inside, Outside, Balcony, Suite) will have cabins that accomodate 4.

I agree - if booking early it will not be difficult to find a cabin for 4 and even to get a choice of the Pullmans of the sofa layouts. Many sites show the triangles and plus signs (see legends for details) I their online layouts to explain what bedding options exist in each room. It's important when you are doing a mock booking to have all 4 people (not every catagory has rooms for 4 (for example I am not sure that d2 or d3 offer them? Just d1 on some ships?)...but every class does.

As a high schooler / my family of 4 stayed in inside cabins just fine - and just recently discussed that if it ever would make or break a once in a lifetime trip - the 4 of us would find a way to make it work again - but it would be much harder on everyone. (And generally assumed that my sister and I (37 and 40) would be the ones on the bunks while my pArents slept in twins below.

Another vote for the 2 connecting cabins! Our kids and cousins had 2 connecting cabins last summer. They absolutely loved it!!

There was not a price difference for 3rd and 4th passengers on the Allure, so it made complete sense to get them two cabins.

I realize you are not in the cabin much, but when you are it will be nice to have enough space to move around. If you are getting a balcony cabin, consider a ship where the balcony dividers can be joined. You will then have enough room for all of you to sit on the balcony.

In the earlier days of my cruising, I went on several cruises with girlfriends. We always did 4 per cabin. We never had any trouble at all. Two of us would shower in the evening and 2 in the morning. It worked out fine for us. We were having such a great time on the cruises, that we didn't let anything bother us. Of course, we were a lot younger and more agile. I don't know it I would want to climb up on a top bunk at my age now. But, it was not a problem for us at the time and I would probably do it again if I had the chance. I loved cruising with a bunch of girlfriends. We always had a great time. :D

Gwen :)

I agree I would not do for people in a cabin. Next year I'll be traveling with three friends. We are getting to connecting cabins. I'm a gold member of the Crown and anchor loyalty program and I know whoever is in my cabin get the same benefits I do such as priority check in etc. would my friends in the connecting cabin receive the same benefits if they're on my reservation? 4 people 2 cabins 1 reservation

Depending on the ship, there are large outside cabins. We booked 8110 on the Quantum for 3 people - the room is the same size as a junior suite.

As others have said, 2 cabins would be better for the extra bathroom and comfortable beds.

I changed our one room for 2 after final payment and the cost was $37 LESS.

Pete

Talk to a TA that specializes in cruises. We actually saved money once when our TA called back to ask if we were interested in two connecting cabins rather than 4 in one cabin. Doubled the bathrooms, plus no pullmans. The sofa bed is going to kill any floor space and is really best suited for a child. I did it once and didn't say anything until we got home, but said I'd never do it again. Pullmans are more comfortable, but if you go to the room during the day, the two using the pullman won't have a bed to stretch out on. We did it once several years ago and had a great time in a cabin with the pullmans, but we just looked on it like we were back in summer camp. We had loads of fun but it's hard to keep things organized for 4 adult women, and to keep from stepping each other's things...and each other...lol. You need to look for the symbol that indicates it has pullmans. Even then, our TA found that a cabin that was showing on our deck plan to have pullmans had one pullman and a pull out sofa. That would be the worst...and no way will 2 adults fit on a sofa bed. Their sofa beds are different than the normal sofa bed in a hotel suite. MUCH smaller and you feel like you are practically sleeping UNDER the sofa.

No, a connecting cabin would not get the same benefits.

Even whoever is in your cabin would not get the same benefits (besides being able to check in with you) if they do not have the same status. Royal Caribbean is different from Celebrity in that regard.

But I always say if everyone has priority check-in, then no one has it. Suite and Pinnacle guests really have priority check in, then diamond plus. But most times it does not matter.

I agree I would not do for people in a cabin. Next year I'll be traveling with three friends. We are getting to connecting cabins. I'm a gold member of the Crown and anchor loyalty program and I know whoever is in my cabin get the same benefits I do such as priority check in etc. would my friends in the connecting cabin receive the same benefits if they're on my reservation? 4 people 2 cabins 1 reservation

We had been doing 4 in a room for the past 11 years with our two sons, and now that they are 13 and 16, we've finally switched to doing two rooms. We always blindly booked one room, but now we have found that RC tends to charge a premium for the rooms that sleep 4, and it ends up costing around the same price or a bit more for 2 cabins, sometimes less. We always do balconies, so the best setup for 4 is the rooms with a diamond on the deck plan, which have the sofa bed and a pullman. These rooms can do 5, but I can't imagine doing it. The pullman is great for someone around 10-12. Younger and older than that may have issues getting in and out, especially if they have to "go" in the middle of the night. Navigating that rickety ladder is hard enough during the day with the lights on, much less in a pitch black room. And one bathroom for 4 adults...:eek: