2015 Drinks and Cocktail list & Prices

I have a select drinks package for an upcoming baltic cruise. Do i need to pay an 18% gratuity every time i order a drink?

The package was sold with all gratuities included as an all inclusive package. I presumed that meant no additional costs??

I have a select drinks package for an upcoming baltic cruise. Do i need to pay an 18% gratuity every time i order a drink?

The package was sold with all gratuities included as an all inclusive package. I presumed that meant no additional costs??

No. you will not be charged an additional tip when you get a drink. You may receive a slip with a total of $0 that you must sign and there will probably have a line for Tip if you wanted to tip extra, but that is not required. I usually keep several $1 and $5 bills on hand in case I want to tip someone extra if the situation warrants it.

dp

Correct me if i'm wrong, some of the ships are more than others for drinks? I believe the 3/4 day crruises run a bit higher??

Not my experience, but it is hard to say, because the drink price varies bar to bar on the same ship.

We were charged $10 before tax, tag & title for a basic rum punch this week on Brilliance ... We bought 2 for a five night cruise. House Chardonnay was $7 & the Cabernet was $8 ... we used our C&A BOGO coupons for one of each for those. I was told that a vodka tonic cost $8 but ordered a vodka cranberry instead and it was $8.

Our bar bill was almost nothing on this cruise due to the sticker shock.

Wish this list was up 4 weeks ago :)

We took the Ultimate Package on Voyager from Sydney on 5th February and the drink menus at the bars we went to had no prices on them and were certainly not as comprehensive as the ones shown in this post.

Did we get our monies worth (AU$69.00 per person when we bought the package in November) YES,did we have plenty of choices YES but the more comprehensive list would have been appreciated.That having been said,we did not have a drink in all bars on-board so I stand to be corrected.

We did feel sorry for those that bought the package last minute or when they got on board because by then the exchange rate had dropped substantially and the Ultimate package worked out to around $85 Australian per day.

The other notable thing was that many of the bars ran out of Midori on about day 7 of the 14 day cruise and Cointreau seemed to also be in short supply towards the end of the cruise and completely missing from the Duty Free Store from day 1

Edited by Calvinfromoz
added comment

Was on Explorer last week.

Bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !!

Only one bar menu throughout the ship listing limited offerings and pushing the drinks packages.

ALL cocktails start at $10 +18%

American premium beers all $6.00 +18% (Up from $5.25)

Beers of the world $5.50 +18% (Up from $4.75)

I asked a bar tender why a Black Russian (not on any list) was charged at $10 and a B52 (priced $6.50 on a menu at start of cruise which subsequently disdappeared) was also now $10

Reply was bar prices have been increased from March 1st. When asked why such a large increase, his opinion was to push the packages???

There were also two NEW drink packages being offered, Grape and Grain, both priced at $20 per day +18%

Grape - unlimited wine by the glass up to $8

Grain - unlimited Bud, Bud light, Heineken and Corona.

It would be interesting to know if the 'new' prices and 'packages' are limited to Explorer or being charged / offered now on other ships.

Edited by icsys
Bar prices up by as much as 40%

Was on Explorer last week.

Bar prices have increased by as much as 40% !!

ALL cocktails start at $10 +18%

jawdrop.gif

I though it looked like they were gearing up to push the packages. I never thought they would go this far. That is borderline insulting nonono.gif

dp

Perceived value: The worth that a product or service has in the mind of the consumer. The consumer's perceived value. Thats what they are doing. shifting your train of thought. It was still cheaper for you to buy by the drink then to buy a package, especially on port intensive Ships. So just raise the drink prices and their you go WOW now that drink package seams like a really good deal.

And no not being negative just plain old marketing tricks.

Edited by link99

And one of my own favorites: Old Fashioned. I'm hoping that an Old Fashioned is just such a classic that it does not need to be put on a drinks list. I can hopefully assume that any Bartender can make one :rolleyes:

dp

We were on the Explorer the end of Jan beginning of Feb. I ordered an Old Fashioned in the dining room and it was $12 (crown royal). I learned from the bartender at the pool bar that, the reason it was $12 because it was a premium pour (that I didn't ask for-that's what they gave me) he said to ask for bar whiskey. Next time I asked for bar whiskey and it was $9.75 (knob creek). I decided to wait until I got home to have my Old Fashioneds, from that point on. I can only imagine what they are now.

So, am I understanding this correctly? The drink package prices on the website include the 18% gratuity or do I have to add that to it?

I wonder if the drink pkg prices are going to go up to compensate for the prices that they just increased to make us buy the drink pkgs. Seems like a vicious cycle. :rolleyes:

...So' date=' am I understanding this correctly? The drink package prices on the website include the 18% gratuity or do I have to add that to it? ...[/quote']

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "drink package prices on the website". The cost is the prices on the link below, plus 18%:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Just got off Legend (March 9th) and I was shocked at how much the drink prices have increased. I love a BBC. Last June it was right around 8.75 with tip, now it is $11.70 with tip. :eek: I'm too frugal to pay that for a drink. Crazy. Unfortunately I forgot to mention it on my comment card since it was sent by email and took me a couple days to fill it out. I forgot by then that I wanted to write that in. Drats ! Anyone filling out your survey, don't forget to comment on the crazy prices.

This is all WAY TOO FUNNY! If people want to pay 10-12.00 dollars per drink (PLUS TIP) they are happy and/or fools. Or get the drink package and go for it all day/night long. Of course the debate will go on forever. Bottom line, RCCL charges ridiculous prices for drinks. But some people will justify/defend them and say they pay the same at home. Bottom line - pay ABSURD prices for drinks on RCCL. OR.....get your Diamond drinks for free and call it good. OMG - if they read this they will change things. Oh no they won't, because there will be thousands of guests who will pay the price for a drink package and/or pay the pathetic per drink price........

Edited by bouhunter

Has anyone used the drink packages with the new drink prices? If a mixed drink was 10 last year with the 40% addition it comes out to 14. The flyer for the drink package says it covers drinks up to 12. Do we need to pay extra for going over 12?

Trying to decide if the packages would cover all mixed drinks.

THanks for the help

Has anyone used the drink packages with the new drink prices? If a mixed drink was 10 last year with the 40% addition it comes out to 14. The flyer for the drink package says it covers drinks up to 12. Do we need to pay extra for going over 12?

THanks for the help

They are counting on your confusion. They want you to buy the maximum package. Who cares. Go for it!!!! Then you can drink unlimited but still debate what's covered as you order. +12, over 12, gee, what is covered and what isnt?? Hey Hey! And RCCL wins! Good luck with the package, any way you look at it you are paying and it's not for free.......

Edited by bouhunter

THanks for the help

You would have to pay extra for any drink over $12.