Whats the story?

The simplest explanation is that the prices reflect what RCI believes people will pay to sail on their ships. Only you can decide whether or not you are willing to pay those prices. As long as their ships continue to sail near or at capacity, don't expect the prices to drop.

Edited by negc

Why is the Prices so high at Rccl? Its absolutely crazy? They are good but not much better than NCL and Carnival.

Best regards

krydstosser

From Denmark

A very good question, and it's been that way since about mid-May 2014.

If you think Royal Caribbean is high, you'd better not look at Disney.....

Irrelevant to the point that RCCL is pricing things much higher than they used to:rolleyes: Disney has always been high, has nothing to do with the OP's post........

Carnival is cutting back on everything that is important and offering a sub-standard product to fill the ships. RCCL on the other hand is selling off all the old ships, and offering a much better experience. You get what you pay for. Not all cruise lines are equal.

RCI has more live music, which I like. I'd rather pay more for the RCI experience. Carnival has cut way back on live music -- which is fine for those who don't care about the music -- but not for me.

I was looking at NCL just this morning. While I was dead set on a 8 night Eastern on Navigator, but we can get a 7 night NCL cruise that's fairly similar for almost $800 less. Since we're going to try to keep cruises as our 'budget' vacation, that's a big chunk.

Edited by paulh84

The simplest explanation is that the prices reflect what RCI believes people will pay to sail on their ships. Only you can decide whether or not you are willing to pay those prices. As long as their ships continue to sail near or at capacity, don't expect the prices to drop.

Correct and this begs the question...

Why can´t carnival and NCL sell their Cruises at such Prices?

Ohh nice.................:rolleyes: Especially when the OP never referred to increased pricing.

Irrelevant to the point that RCCL is pricing things much higher than they used to:rolleyes: Disney has always been high, has nothing to do with the OP's post........

My upcoming cruise on Freedom is several hundred less than I paid in 2012 on the same ship for the same month in the same category cabin. My April 2016 cruise on Brilliance out of Tampa is also less than I paid for Radiance in February 2011 out of Tampa in the same cabin category. At least for me, I have not seen these price hikes everyone else is seeing.

Initial pricing is a bit of a shock for sure but once you go through the whole booking process, it makes much more sense in the Summary of Charges. I dont understand Royals policy of marking up the cruises to brochure pricing only to discount the second passenger rate to bring it back down but as long as it looks good at the end, I really dont care how they do it.

Edited by ryano

People believe if you pay more for a product, it MUST be better. There are numerous reports published in psychological journals confirming this. The higher the price, the better it must be. It hits the pleasure zone of the brain. Its also the same principal used in wine sales or car sales.. We have been on Carnival, NCL and Royal. WE have had the same outstanding service on all the cruises. You have read here many find the food better on Carnival, yet its priced lower. That is why we refuse to be LOYAL to anyone. NCL offered us more choices on the EPIC and their freestyle. Thats why we do itinerary first then cruise line

If it´s that simple, why don´t Carnival and NCL know about this?;):D

Edited by Paulxyz2004

Oh, gee, another self-appointed moderator....:rolleyes:

The OP started off comparing RCCL prices/value to NCL and Carnival, not complaining about how expensive RCCL is compared to how it used to be. Seems to my that my comment was very relevant. Now then, bouhunter, if you have nothing else constructive to add to the discussion....

Oh gee. A simple question and it's handbags at dawn. Lol

As second post ish said. Pay or don't pay.

Find what you want from the cruise and book regardless of price.

For me. New ship (Anthem) will give it a go regardless of price or bad reviews for it's older sister.

Now you 2. Naughty step!

Just checked our Oasis cruise for February 2016 and the Junior Suites are almost $500 MORE than what we paid for one of the new aft Grand Suites (11330). WOW. Also, looks like all of the Grand Suites are unavailable to book.

Glad we booked our cruise when we did - YIKES :eek:

I wonder what event started in Mid-May 2014;);)

I'm glad we booked some cruises in early May prior to the BOGOHOAX sending the prices sky high. We did not book a cruise for this winter because we were waiting for the kid's schedule and the prices were out of reach by the time we were ready to book. We decided to do an AI in Cuba instead - first time for an AI since 2005! Oh well, maybe a change is good.

I'm not finding RCI's prices to be higher than normal. Maybe it's the time of year that I prefer to cruise. Our cruise this year is cheaper than last year's. I have started looking at 2016 cruises and the prices for those are even less than what I paid for my upcoming one. We sail mostly southern routes out of San Juan so maybe that's the difference. While our cruise prices seem to be going down, airfare to San Juan is skyrocketing which is offsetting the cheaper cruise fare.

Ahh yes, the infamous (brief) early May 2014 price drop. It was a good day, and nothing like it has been seen since.

I sometimes wonder if it was a mistake; I got some significant price drops that day for multiple cruises, as did many others. Haven't seen anything like it since.

cruiseguy, you want airfare sticker shock??? Try flying 4 people to Orlando during Spring Break.....I didn't quite account for that much effect from the House of Mouse.

Yep also found sticker shock for Christmas to Orlando to get to PC. The Freedom was cheaper than the Allure/Oasis with the extra port and could get 2 balconies for what was a balcony and inside on Allure any dollars saved went to the airlines for allowing me the privilege to fly to Orlando around Christmas.

To the OP question. Would also try NCL/Carnival/Celebrity(yes I know its the same guys) if the itinerary was to my liking and pricing was good

If you think RC is high, check out Disney's prices

The RC cruise I booked for this month wasn't any more then carnival or any of the others. It was actually cheaper with the BOGO sale.

I think it really depends on the ship. The prices for the Quantum were outrageous.

Edited by Cruiser985

I can honestly say that the price I have paid for the JS next week is the lowest I have ever paid in recent years. And it's spring break time as well. I just happened to take advantage of two price drops in the past year. Considering what I have paid in the past, its a great deal in my opinion.