NEW Suite Upgrades....

I hope you are commenting on the following post:

To Magic Man: there are plenty of cruisers that live in Florida and neither take cheap cruises nor deserve anything LESS than anyone else cruising whether in a suite or not.

I don't agree with you.

If you take lot's of 3 or 4 cruises in an inside cabin for $299 and build up allot points to become a D+, you don't deserve all the perks that somebody who is paying for a suite.

I don't agree with you.

If you take lot's of 3 or 4 cruises in an inside cabin for $299 and build up allot points to become a D+, you don't deserve all the perks that somebody who is paying for a suite.

Just because people live in Florida and have an easier time scheduling cruises (perhaps no airfare to contend with or they have a flexible work life, with an easy way to leave on a cruise ship on Friday and go to work on Monday) whether 3 or 4 day or longer doesn't mean YOU can assume they are staying in 'inside cabins' and then infer from YOUR assumption that those people are cheap.

There are allot of D+ that take cheap cruised out of Florida don't deserve the same perks as somebody paying for a suite.

Suite perks are definitely different than those accumulated from nights cruised as part of the C&A program. As it should be. It doesn't matter in the achievement of C&A levels what accommodations you had, simply the number of nights sailed.

As a Diamond level, I could care less what accommodations someone has paid to be in to achieve the same level as I am....actually, I don't care what anyone else's C&A level is....I only care about my own.

Based on your allegations, you might be the type of person who would book that inside cabin and take the cheap route, simply to accumulate points.....in psychology it is called projection....you are projecting your own thoughts onto others.

Perhaps stick to facts that can be quantified.....I can tell you this - on all the cruises we have taken on Her Majesty (those 3 or 4 day cruises you point to) our cabin of choice is the Superior Ocean View cabin.

Edited by Paulette3028

Just because people live in Florida and have an easier time scheduling cruises (perhaps no airfare to contend with or they have a flexible work life, with an easy way to leave on a cruise ship on Friday and go to work on Monday) whether 3 or 4 day or longer doesn't mean YOU can assume they are staying in 'inside cabins' and then infer from YOUR assumption that those people are cheap.

Suite perks are definitely different than those accumulated from nights cruised as part of the C&A program. As it should be. It doesn't matter in the achievement of C&A levels what accommodations you had, simply the number of nights sailed.

As a Diamond level, I could care less what accommodations someone has paid to be in to achieve the same level as I am....actually, I don't care what anyone else's C&A level is....I only care about my own.

Based on your allegations, you might be the type of person who would book that inside cabin and take the cheap route, simply to accumulate points.....in psychology it is called projection....you are projecting your own thoughts onto others.

Perhaps stick to facts that can be quantified.....I can tell you this - on all the cruises we have taken on Her Majesty (those 3 or 4 day cruises you point to) our cabin of choice is the Superior Ocean View cabin.

He said they only sail in Owners Suite while on Royal. ;)

I'm all for those living in Florida who cruise regularly. I can't wait till I can live there 4 months of the year, move to Naples, drive 20 miles an hour slower, and cruise every other week. Then I too will become Pinnacle. That is what your C&A status becomes when you move to Florida, right? :p;):)

There are many nice benefits of diamond plus, only one of which is access to the diamond lounge on ships that have one. If the lounge is what you're searching for when you reach diamond plus, does it make much difference if they call the lounge a concierge lounge or diamond lounge? Eventually, the term concierge lounge will no longer be used on ships (As soon as all ships have a diamond lounge) and the options will be a suite lounge or diamond lounge depending on your accommodations or C&A level.

Enjoy

M

From the RCCL website, these are the benefits that you gain when becoming a Diamond Plus member.....

Behind the Scenes Tours

Personalized Gift/Amenity

Concierge Lounge Access

Priority seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events

For an extra 95 nights on a ship (and all the money that comes with that), I think the benefits are pretty useless. We thought at least we will have a "nicer" lounge. Obviously, they are getting rid of that. Don't get me wrong, we have loved the Diamond Lounge and have met the nicest people. But really - this is all I get for Diamond Plus?

As Elite on Celebrity, I always feel more special. I realize this is my personal opinion only.

those Pinnacle folks that have 700+ nights on the water should get far far above what the dia+ get. but they get just a few items more. if you want to acknowledge and give upgraded perks to your top cruisers, they are most certainly the ones that deserve it. HANDS DOWN. (Celebrity gives their top tier (zenith) a drink package each time they cruise.)

Edited by phish tales

There are allot of D+ that take cheap cruised out of Florida don't deserve the same perks as somebody paying for a suite.

However those 'allot' of D+ made it to D+ is irrelevant. RCI sets the tier levels for the program and how to get there. So however someone gets to D+, they deserve the same perks as any other D+. If suite amenities are different, so be it. If you are in a suite you get a certain set of perks, if you are D+ you get a different set of certain perks. Your statement is just like saying there are a lot of people that stay in a GS, which costs less than an OS, so they don't deserve the same perks.

It still requires a staggering amount of money to reach D+ even taking $299 shorty inside cabin cruises. Not that I think you have any data whatsoever to back up your claim about the 'allot' of D+ cruisers taking cheap cruises from Florida.

those Pinnacle folks that have 700+ nights on the water should get far far above what the dia+ get. but they get just a few items more. if you want to acknowledge and give upgraded perks to your top cruisers, they are most certainly the ones that deserve it. HANDS DOWN. (Celebrity gives their top tier (zenith) a drink package each time they cruise.)

I would certainly agree with you that Pinnacle guests should get some additional perks.....perhaps a free spa service not a complimentary add on service when a spa service is purchased. Free laundry service or free internet service for the entire cruise. I actually feel they could give free internet to people who attain D+, the way the internet pricing is being handled now.

I personally am disappointed in how the perks for internet services for all C&A members has changed. For us it work(ed) wonderfully to have 30 minutes (or 45 minutes to look forward to when you reached D+) each of free internet each to use throughout a cruise rather than one continuous day or a discount on the purchase of a week long package. We come on a cruise to disconnect, and only check into our email for a couple of minutes each day to download our email and make sure all is well back home.

But this takes this a little off topic....yet again.

However those 'allot' of D+ made it to D+ is irrelevant. RCI sets the tier levels for the program and how to get there. So however someone gets to D+, they deserve the same perks as any other D+. If suite amenities are different, so be it. If you are in a suite you get a certain set of perks, if you are D+ you get a different set of certain perks. Your statement is just like saying there are a lot of people that stay in a GS, which costs less than an OS, so they don't deserve the same perks.

It still requires a staggering amount of money to reach D+ even taking $299 shorty inside cabin cruises. Not that I think you have any data whatsoever to back up your claim about the 'allot' of D+ cruisers taking cheap cruises from Florida.

Having lived in S. Florida now for 12 years, and it was only after we did move to S. Florida that we started cruising. It just wasn't a type of vacation that I thought I wanted to spend our money on and would have needed to include airfare to simply get to the ship. I can fully appreciate how much additional money needs to be spent to enjoy going on a cruise when you have to add airfare.

Looking back, we should have considered it more before we relocated here. I just know to make it affordable, we might have had to be in an inside cabin (when we would have had to add airfare) and that experience I would not have enjoyed.....I love looking out at the sea from my cabin -- even from the Superior Ocean View on Her Majesty.

Whatever cabin choice someone makes for themselves to cruise works!

This is entertaining. On another note we have enough snowbirds in Florida[emoji16]. Generally Florida is referred to as the home of the newly wed and nearly dead. We live in Florida and only book suites, enjoy the ability to hop in the car and be at the port in no time, everyone has a choice where they live at the end of the day. Much prefer Canadian snowbirds here vs. birds from the Midwest. Oh yeah, we are nearly D+ but don't use the benefits. Much prefer the suite benefits and cruising in suites as there is no discrimination (lol). Can't wait for the drivers reform to pass and the tourist tax implementation in Florida. Once you are 70 years or older you have to retake your drivers test every two years. Yes this post is mostly irrelevant but so is 99% of this thread.

Edited by CaribSailor

This is entertaining. On another note we have enough snowbirds in Florida[emoji16]. Generally Florida is referred to as the home of the newly wed and nearly dead. We live in Florida and only book suites, enjoy the ability to hop in the car and be at the port in no time, everyone has a choice where they live at the end of the day. Much prefer Canadian snowbirds here vs. birds from the Midwest. Oh yeah, we are nearly D+ but don't use the benefits. Much prefer the suite benefits and cruising in suites as there is no discrimination (lol). Can't wait for the drivers reform to pass and the tourist tax implementation in Florida. Once you are 70 years or older you have to retake your drivers test every two years. Yes this post is mostly irrelevant but so is 99% of this thread.

I like the way you think. What do you think of us northeast transplants down here on the east side :)

Could do without the Yankees and Red Sox fans though. I had to leave Florida and move to within 45 miles of New York to get away from Yankees fans.

Funny! Agree on the redsox fans but find the obsession, I mean passion of the people from the Midwest and college/nfl football slightly more... Well how should I say this without offending anyone..... Annoying. Don't get me wrong I like football but...It's like Halloween every Saturday here in season.

Funny! Agree on the redsox fans but find the obsession, I mean passion of the people from the Midwest and college/nfl football slightly more... Well how should I say this without offending anyone..... Annoying. Don't get me wrong I like football but...It's like Halloween every Saturday here in season.

Yes, that's true. I was a west coaster in Tampa Bay, so we got the mid-westerners coming down I-75 and clogging the roads. You could always tell when the snowbirds were around based on the level of traffic during non-commute hours. But we also got their transplants, which was certainly annoying during football season.

According to my calculations it cost 20K to get to Diamond, but only 10K more to get to D+

The path to Diamond only had one short cruise, but the path to D+ had 4 short cruises, including Diamond in December and the new policy of bonus points for solo travel. B2B on Monarch in Dec 2010 netted the same points as 4 weeks on Freedom :D

We have enough cruises booked to hit 520 points in April 2017 and may hit Pinnacle by the end of 2017. But who's counting.

We are Pinnacle and always book Owners Suites. And while we enjoy the perks we get (nothing really that special in our opinion) we never have and never will cruise or be loyal to any one cruise line for the perks they provide. Having said that I believe there should be a formula that determines loyalty levels that is a combination of nights spent on ships and the dollars spent. There are many Diamond Plus and some Pinnacles that only book inside rooms, nothing wrong with that and good for them that they cruise so often. But the "rewards" for cruising (loyalty benefits) should be somewhat related to how much money a person spends with RCCL...the more you spend the more you get to put it in simple terms. The one size fits all doesn't work. We will continue to cruise RCCL because we like the product. We don't cruise RCCL because of the benefits we get.

We are Pinnacle and always book Owners Suites. And while we enjoy the perks we get (nothing really that special in our opinion) we never have and never will cruise or be loyal to any one cruise line for the perks they provide. Having said that I believe there should be a formula that determines loyalty levels that is a combination of nights spent on ships and the dollars spent. There are many Diamond Plus and some Pinnacles that only book inside rooms, nothing wrong with that and good for them that they cruise so often. But the "rewards" for cruising (loyalty benefits) should be somewhat related to how much money a person spends with RCCL...the more you spend the more you get to put it in simple terms. The one size fits all doesn't work. We will continue to cruise RCCL because we like the product. We don't cruise RCCL because of the benefits we get.

I agree 100% on this. Spot on!

Hello all - there is quote a few times on this thread (the recent one is # 145) that has information that I did not originate.

This portion is mine:

Originally Posted by cruisegirl1 View Post

There are many nice benefits of diamond plus, only one of which is access to the diamond lounge on ships that have one. If the lounge is what you're searching for when you reach diamond plus, does it make much difference if they call the lounge a concierge lounge or diamond lounge? Eventually, the term concierge lounge will no longer be used on ships (As soon as all ships have a diamond lounge) and the options will be a suite lounge or diamond lounge depending on your accommodations or C&A level.

Enjoy

M

This portion below is NOT mine.

...For an extra 95 nights on a ship (and all the money that comes with that), I think the benefits are pretty useless. We thought at least we will have a "nicer" lounge. Obviously, they are getting rid of that. Don't get me wrong, we have loved the Diamond Lounge and have met the nicest people. But really - this is all I get for Diamond Plus?

As Elite on Celebrity, I always feel more special. I realize this is my personal opinion only. ..."

The above makes no sense to me I never made these statements and further, the person who wrote these is likely a diamond member and writes about the uselessness of becoming plus. I have been a D Plus member since 2007.

Thanks all.

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

There is a lot of opinion being thrown around about who deserves what for either the C&A status they have achieved or the cabin that they occupy. We know and have cruised with people at every level and there is just some perspective that might prove useful.

We sail on Radiance class ships a lot. Suite perks, whatever they are or will be, affect 27 cabins. So, assuming that some of these cabins are occupied by Pinnacle or Diamond Plus people, that means that we're talking about 40-50 people out of 2000+ passengers. We are doing a transatlantic on Indy next year so I counted the GS and up cabins and there are 37 cabins on that size ship.So again 60-70 people out of 3500 or so. Whatever RCCL tosses in, these cabins paid for it in their fares. It's no different than what hotels do with concierge floors and suite amenities. The airlines do it too for their business class and first class passengers. Now all these businesses have loyalty programs too and they reward their most frequent customers because there are a hell of a lot more of these folks to keep happy. These are the people that could easily choose a competitor and the price of customer retention is cheaper than new customer acquisition. I have sailed with friends that have over 3,000 points and they book in regular cabins. If they get an upgrade to the best cabin on the ship once the sailing closes who would begrudge them that benefit. Last month we did a T/A on Quantum and you could not find a seat in the CL from 5 until 8. Those drink vouchers sure came in handy! On Brilliance, a few days later, we had a totally different experience. The CL was pretty much empty every evening. So, we enjoyed the intimacy of the lounge and the service from Willie Salaya, concierge, and Jocelyn, lead bartender. We've sailed with them a couple of times and like them a lot. We were traveling with some people that did not have CL access so we used our drink vouchers to socialize with them pre dinner. We also used our wash & fold benefit, our dry cleaning discount, and our internet discount. We took advantage of our complimentary photo benefit too. I don't feel bad about using any of my perks because I feel like Royal has made the decision to reward my loyalty. I really liked it when they added the drinks and I just shrugged my shoulders when they discontinued the three $5 match plays. Half the time I didn't use them and lost them as often as I gained anything. I have 32 Royal cruises and if Royal wants to give people that have cruised 100 times or more added benefits then so be it. I feel that my level should get more than someone that's sailed 4 or five times. If you sail in a suite you get 2 points per day instead of 1 regardless of how much you paid per day. Some airlines give more miles for flying in the front or to their top tier loyalty people because it makes sense competitively. Some give more miles based on the fare paid.

As Gilda Radnor used to say as Roseanne Rosannadanna, "it just goes to show, It's always something!"

There is a lot of opinion being thrown around about who deserves what for either the C&A status they have achieved or the cabin that they occupy. We know and have cruised with people at every level and there is just some perspective that might prove useful.

We sail on Radiance class ships a lot. Suite perks, whatever they are or will be, affect 27 cabins. So, assuming that some of these cabins are occupied by Pinnacle or Diamond Plus people, that means that we're talking about 40-50 people out of 2000+ passengers. We are doing a transatlantic on Indy next year so I counted the GS and up cabins and there are 37 cabins on that size ship.So again 60-70 people out of 3500 or so. Whatever RCCL tosses in, these cabins paid for it in their fares. It's no different than what hotels do with concierge floors and suite amenities. The airlines do it too for their business class and first class passengers. Now all these businesses have loyalty programs too and they reward their most frequent customers because there are a hell of a lot more of these folks to keep happy. These are the people that could easily choose a competitor and the price of customer retention is cheaper than new customer acquisition. I have sailed with friends that have over 3,000 points and they book in regular cabins. If they get an upgrade to the best cabin on the ship once the sailing closes who would begrudge them that benefit. Last month we did a T/A on Quantum and you could not find a seat in the CL from 5 until 8. Those drink vouchers sure came in handy! On Brilliance, a few days later, we had a totally different experience. The CL was pretty much empty every evening. So, we enjoyed the intimacy of the lounge and the service from Willie Salaya, concierge, and Jocelyn, lead bartender. We've sailed with them a couple of times and like them a lot. We were traveling with some people that did not have CL access so we used our drink vouchers to socialize with them pre dinner. We also used our wash & fold benefit, our dry cleaning discount, and our internet discount. We took advantage of our complimentary photo benefit too. I don't feel bad about using any of my perks because I feel like Royal has made the decision to reward my loyalty. I really liked it when they added the drinks and I just shrugged my shoulders when they discontinued the three $5 match plays. Half the time I didn't use them and lost them as often as I gained anything. I have 32 Royal cruises and if Royal wants to give people that have cruised 100 times or more added benefits then so be it. I feel that my level should get more than someone that's sailed 4 or five times. If you sail in a suite you get 2 points per day instead of 1 regardless of how much you paid per day. Some airlines give more miles for flying in the front or to their top tier loyalty people because it makes sense competitively. Some give more miles based on the fare paid.

As Gilda Radnor used to say as Roseanne Rosannadanna, "it just goes to show, It's always something!"

How dare you try to bring any logic to this thread even if it is off topic. This thread is about suite benefits not CA status/benefits/complainers/D/D+feeling under appreciated for their contribution to royals revenue.

Really they are to a point. If you book a suite(which as we all know is more expensive)you get an extra point. Same goes for solo cruises, they pay more so they get an extra point. So there is a division between suite value & a standard room. I don't really see them doing anything beyond that because of the tracking it would involve. With the issues their i.t staff has I think it would turn into a mess. I with you, in that I don't go because of benefits but because I enjoy the experience. If I was ever only going because of a status level I would stop going. I don't feel the need to worry about what everyone else is spending their vacation money on or what they get for that money.

According to my calculations it cost 20K to get to Diamond, but only 10K more to get to D+

The path to Diamond only had one short cruise, but the path to D+ had 4 short cruises, including Diamond in December and the new policy of bonus points for solo travel. B2B on Monarch in Dec 2010 netted the same points as 4 weeks on Freedom :D

We have enough cruises booked to hit 520 points in April 2017 and may hit Pinnacle by the end of 2017. But who's counting.

That was a great rate of return. I am jealous, espically since you are located close to a few cruise ports. I would love to be able to drive to a cruise port in the same amount of time it takes me to drive to my nearest airport, that flies to a cruise port. Not to mention the dollars saved. Yes, I am very jealous of you John.

We are Pinnacle and always book Owners Suites. And while we enjoy the perks we get (nothing really that special in our opinion) we never have and never will cruise or be loyal to any one cruise line for the perks they provide. Having said that I believe there should be a formula that determines loyalty levels that is a combination of nights spent on ships and the dollars spent. But the "rewards" for cruising (loyalty benefits) should be somewhat related to how much money a person spends with RCCL...the more you spend the more you get to put it in simple terms. The one size fits all doesn't work. We will continue to cruise RCCL because we like the product. We don't cruise RCCL because of the benefits we get.

I agree with all of what you said. Other than our first two balcony cruises many years ago on RC, we have stayed in suites. We have stayed in a JS X1, OS X1, CLS X1, SLS X8 , RS X1, and RLS X2. We have also gifted a few cruises, full suites, to grand parents to join us. Our upcoming bookings are full suites too.

If they did C&A by money spent I think we would be Pinnacle or Super Pinnacle or Ultra Pinnacle Lite.;) But they don't, and it doesn't really matter. We book the suite for the room size, balcony size, and the benefit of MDR food delivered to the cabin. Yes, some of the other perks are nice but the CL, SL, and KC are not high in our things to do. We are D+ and we hardly use those perks as well. We are the get out there type of family, and to hang out in a lounge isn't our thing, or at least on yet. We sail on RC because it fits who we are, and the perks are just something we might use.

In reality the real "perk" for us is the smiles per nautical mile, and our family has a ton of points in that "program". The thing that I enjoyed was going from being a gold C&A member to D+ in under four years. All the memories, fun and friends that we made were well worth the dollars spent.

On a side note we recieved our D+ luggage tags yesterday in the mail from RC. We laughed out loud about how much the "free" tags cost us. :)

That was a great rate of return. I am jealous, espically since you are located close to a few cruise ports. I would love to be able to drive to a cruise port in the same amount of time it takes me to drive to my nearest airport, that flies to a cruise port. Not to mention the dollars saved. Yes, I am very jealous of you John

I sense a little sarcasm, but that's cool. I don't even like driving to FLL anymore, totally spoiled with our location. BTW, most of the snowbirds in our building are from Ontario. Lovely folks.

I sense a little sarcasm, but that's cool. I don't even like driving to FLL anymore, totally spoiled with our location. BTW, most of the snowbirds in our building are from Ontario. Lovely folks.

No, in full honesty I am jealous. I should have put in the :) face for clarity. We drive 2.5 hours just to get to our airport to fly to FLL. I did the drive from Orlando to Port Everglades one time. It wasn't bad. It seemed long, even though it wasn't. Once we hit the coast the last hour flew. It was the time driving in the orange groves that dragged.

As for the nice Ontario residents in your building, I will take credit for them.;)

Edited by A&L_Ont