NEW Suite Upgrades....

This is incorrect information--we were very recently told onboard to check the box when signing up for internet to use the discount. There is NO box!! When we told them there was no box, they said, oh well, just come to Guest Relations and have the charge removed from your account. It was definitely NOT automatic!!!

Linda (and C. D.)

What ship were you on?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

What ship were you on?

We were on the Brilliance for a B2B2B first, then two weeks later we were on the Independence for a B2B and it was the same on both ships--every time we signed up for the internet, we had to go to Guest Relations to have the charge removed. This was in May and June.

Linda (and C. D.)

When we did Liberty last month and signed up for the internet, there was no box to check because after signing in with our SeaPass Card the discount for us was automatically applied to the package and our cost was $0.

We were on the Brilliance for a B2B2B first, then two weeks later we were on the Independence for a B2B and it was the same on both ships--every time we signed up for the internet, we had to go to Guest Relations to have the charge removed. This was in May and June.

Linda (and C. D.)

We were B-2-B on Explorer for most of June and it was the same. When logging in there was a message stating, "No coupons available". The Concierge just went in and had the charges removed.

It is a good thing that there were no charges, because the speed was slower than I recall from my dial-up days. Most times -- however there would be spurts occasionally where it was a bit more reasonable, speed wise.

Ray in NH

I came across an acticle on a web site called travelpulse published July 16, 2015. This article called is called "Royal Caribbean Sets the Stage for Anthem of the Seas' US Debut".

In this article it states that 'Royal Caribbean will introduce, within the next 30 days, a new program called the Royal Suite Class'.

I won't hold my breath but seems that some news maybe coming soon. Hopefully by the middle of August.

Manny

Looking forward to the announcement(s)...

Linda (and C. D.)

It must vary depending on the ship. I have seen the check box at least once when signing up from my iPad. I think it was Allure but I'm not sure. On Independence back in January there was no box.

I know that - so was I. :) You did notice the smiley at the end of my prior post - right?

Whew - thanks! :D

Edit: Yes, I saw the smiley, but I know some people place those when they're trying to nicely pass along some information.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Just posting as I'd like to keep up with updates to this thread. We won't likely reach a D+ for some time due to our limited number of vacation days and family commitments which take up a part of them each year. We've decided to cut a few corners at home for the next year and book a Grand suite for our Med cruise on Harmony next year instead just to try out the perks. I gotta say even a small amount of free laundry service would be very welcome.

Hello everyone :)...

For the first time myself and my family will be in a suite aboard the January 7, 2017 sailing on the Harmony! I'm so excited, about this... I have some questions.... I am one of those people that looks into the small details to make an adventure even more fun and or surprising. What are some things you have taken advantage of doing in your suite, could be anything, small or big. My kids, who are all older are also very excited.... What are some things I could add to our already unique experience to cruising in a suite? What are some special things you have had delivered to your suite? Any and everything is welcome! I might also mention that there is a very good chance I'll be getting married on this particular cruise on our aquatheatre suite balcony... I've never been in any suite bit particularly interested in what I could do to make that magic day more special... Any decorating ideas, it know someone on here has got to be more creative than I... Was thinking about battery operated flickering candles, battery operated strands of lights....I just want to be flooded with ideas :)! So, while we are waiting to hear about the new roll outs this could be a great venue to get some great ideas.....also, what if you didn't want to have one of the plain Jane cakes on board for a birthday or wedding ceremony..what are your options? Many questions...

Thanks, Stacey

Just posting as I'd like to keep up with updates to this thread. We won't likely reach a D+ for some time due to our limited number of vacation days and family commitments which take up a part of them each year. We've decided to cut a few corners at home for the next year and book a Grand suite for our Med cruise on Harmony next year instead just to try out the perks. I gotta say even a small amount of free laundry service would be very welcome.

What are you going to do about the missing corners on your house? :confused:

Waiting for this announcement is like waiting to hear about that new earth like planet...horribly exciting but I fear just as disappointing when it comes out. I'm booked on Allure in February. Personally I'm hoping one of the new perks is that for one sea day they lock all guests in their rooms and only let suite guests enjoy the facilities. Not much, just little things like that would help. ;-)

Waiting for this announcement is like waiting to hear about that new earth like planet...horribly exciting but I fear just as disappointing when it comes out. I'm booked on Allure in February. Personally I'm hoping one of the new perks is that for one sea day they lock all guests in their rooms and only let suite guests enjoy the facilities. Not much, just little things like that would help. ;-)

Just one day??

Hello everyone :)...

For the first time myself and my family will be in a suite aboard the January 7, 2017 sailing on the Harmony! I'm so excited, about this... I have some questions.... I am one of those people that looks into the small details to make an adventure even more fun and or surprising. What are some things you have taken advantage of doing in your suite, could be anything, small or big. My kids, who are all older are also very excited.... What are some things I could add to our already unique experience to cruising in a suite? What are some special things you have had delivered to your suite? Any and everything is welcome! I might also mention that there is a very good chance I'll be getting married on this particular cruise on our aquatheatre suite balcony... I've never been in any suite bit particularly interested in what I could do to make that magic day more special... Any decorating ideas, it know someone on here has got to be more creative than I... Was thinking about battery operated flickering candles, battery operated strands of lights....I just want to be flooded with ideas :)! So, while we are waiting to hear about the new roll outs this could be a great venue to get some great ideas.....also, what if you didn't want to have one of the plain Jane cakes on board for a birthday or wedding ceremony..what are your options? Many questions...

Thanks, Stacey

We don't usually stay in suites so I can't give you any suggestions but I did attend a wedding on board and the cake was not elaborate but very nicely decorated and was delicious. I tried to post a photo. I hope it worked.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gYcM_MeO6U8/UNdd2P9GNDI/AAAAAAAAH2M/bbAWestcI2k/s640-Ic42/DSC00953.JPG

Hello everyone...

For the first time myself and my family will be in a suite aboard the January 7, 2017 sailing on the Harmony! I'm so excited, about this... I have some questions.... I am one of those people that looks into the small details to make an adventure even more fun and or surprising. What are some things you have taken advantage of doing in your suite, could be anything, small or big. My kids, who are all older are also very excited.... What are some things I could add to our already unique experience to cruising in a suite? What are some special things you have had delivered to your suite? Any and everything is welcome! I might also mention that there is a very good chance I'll be getting married on this particular cruise on our aquatheatre suite balcony... I've never been in any suite bit particularly interested in what I could do to make that magic day more special... Any decorating ideas, it know someone on here has got to be more creative than I... Was thinking about battery operated flickering candles, battery operated strands of lights....I just want to be flooded with ideas! So, while we are waiting to hear about the new roll outs this could be a great venue to get some great ideas.....also, what if you didn't want to have one of the plain Jane cakes on board for a birthday or wedding ceremony..what are your options? Many questions...

Thanks, Stacey

We were fortunate enough to be in one of the Deck 9 Aqua Theater Suites for an Oasis cruise. That suite is all about the balcony! You will spend countless hours out there, watching the wake, watching the shows and Aqua Theater action, or just watching the world go by. We think Coastal Kitchen is a huge benefit of suites on that class, and you might want to take advantage of dinner in your suite, since you'll have plenty of space!:D

Here are a few pictures...we were in 9730.

IMG_8701W-L.jpg

IMG_8302WC-L.jpg

IMG_8691W-L.jpg

IMG_0527W-L.jpg

IMG_8238W-L.jpg

Clicking on any of the pictures should take you to the album. I took a lot of pictures of the suite!