X at Labadee, fully opened?

FreestyleNovice

Just off Reflection on the weekend. We visited Labadee last week and some of the attractions were cancelled due to high winds. Not sure about the roller coaster, the flight line was operational but the weight restriction was lowered from 250 lbs to 180 lbs. The jet ski's and parasailing weren't available either. Even without the extras, we had a fabulous day in Labadee. Fantastic beach, lovely lunch and drinks included, what more can you ask :o

Are cabanas only available for suites through Celebrity? We're heading to Labadee in two weeks and I've been wondering how this works. What would you guys recommend doing? We'll have lots of on-board credit.

Barefoot Beach is a private beach for suite guests only and the cabana's there are also for suite guests only.

There are also cabanas available at Nellies Beach and they are for anyone to book. I recently saw a video about the cabana's (probably on youtube) and they looked like a great idea. We would probably rent one if we visited Labadee again. They look great.

Thank you.

I found a video on YouTube that shows them and the area. While the area looks nice, and I especially like that it includes a spearate buffet on Barefoot, the cabanas do not look that enticing...especially for that price! :eek: I think we would rather sit on the beach.

Can Sky Suites use Barefoot, and are the cabanas free?

Are passengers weighed before using the zipline?

Yes, they weigh you before using the zipline and if you are even 1/2 lb more that the limit they will not let you do it.

In fact, the system they use is very poor. You book and pay for your time slot online, on the ship or when you get off in Labadee with no mention about the weight restrictions. It is posted but you would have to really look for it. When you arrive at your predetermined time, they get you to fill out a waiver and then when all that is done they weigh you. If you are over the limit, they apologize and send you on your way with a receipt to get a refund. It would have been a lot easier if they had just mentioned the weight restriction before you signed up. Would have saved a lot of time and disappointment.

Thank you.

I found a video on YouTube that shows them and the area. While the area looks nice, and I especially like that it includes a spearate buffet on Barefoot, the cabanas do not look that enticing...especially for that price! :eek: I think we would rather sit on the beach.

With you there. You can rent the cabanas at Nellies also. But there is no way I would pay that price for one of those. I love sitting on the beach. We get a place where hubby can be under a tree for shade and I can lay in the sun. Perfect. Don't need to spend $200+ to get that.

We were on Silhouette in January. The day we were in Labadee the roller coaster was not in operation. Don't know why. Zipline was open. Some of the bars were closed.

I tried to get a Labadoozie, and the bartenders didn't even know what that was! I guess it's just for Royal ships. But still ...

With you there. You can rent the cabanas at Nellies also. But there is no way I would pay that price for one of those. I love sitting on the beach. We get a place where hubby can be under a tree for shade and I can lay in the sun. Perfect. Don't need to spend $200+ to get that.

In all fairness, I have no idea what is included with the cabanas. However, with free sand, free shade, free sun, food and a "free" drink package, I don't need much else.:)

Edited by Iamthesea

Barefoot Beach is a private beach for suite guests only and the cabana's there are also for suite guests only.

There are also cabanas available at Nellies Beach and they are for anyone to book. I recently saw a video about the cabana's (probably on youtube) and they looked like a great idea. We would probably rent one if we visited Labadee again. They look great.

We rented one once at Nellies..they sell out quickly,,,..it was fun...but just as good was the double clamshell "tent" with loungers.....same beach...but no extra amenities...much cheaper!

Edited by hcat

Can the clamshells be rented on Labadee or does it have to be done in advance? What about other excursions? Not sure at this time if we want an excursion there. We might decide once we are there ......if we have the option.
Had heard the last time we were there with RCI that the Sandbar Excursions were nice. There is a family version that is 2:15 long and runs 45.75 (excursion QLB4). The adult only version is 2:30 long and runs 49.75 (excursion QLC8).

Six of us rented a cabana on Nellie's last year and it was great. We would definitely do it again, as long as we had 3 couples to absorb the cost. We had the use of floaters, a ladder leading down to the water, directly from our cabana, a "house boy" as we referred to him, who brought us our drinks all day long and a birds eye view of everything. It was so nice to have the shade that the cabana provided and the comfortable seating, plus the security for our belongings and no worries about getting too sandy on the beach. I say, go for the cabana!

That's got to be embarrassing for cruisers. :rolleyes:

Definitely has the potential to be extremely embarrassing. We felt that this should have been clearly outlined for someone who wanted to sign up for this excursion. They don't tell you about the scale until you are just about to board the bus to go to the top of the zipline!

Six of us rented a cabana on Nellie's last year and it was great. We would definitely do it again, as long as we had 3 couples to absorb the cost. We had the use of floaters, a ladder leading down to the water, directly from our cabana, a "house boy" as we referred to him, who brought us our drinks all day long and a birds eye view of everything. It was so nice to have the shade that the cabana provided and the comfortable seating, plus the security for our belongings and no worries about getting too sandy on the beach. I say, go for the cabana!

It does sound nice, but we would have no one to split the cost with.

Definitely has the potential to be extremely embarrassing. We felt that this should have been clearly outlined for someone who wanted to sign up for this excursion. They don't tell you about the scale until you are just about to board the bus to go to the top of the zipline!

I looked up the excursion and it does say that there is a weight limit. ;)

Now to find out about the Sandbar Excursions.

The weight restriction is clearly listed on the Celebrity website and if you wait until you get on board to sign up, I am sure it is in print form as well.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions/productDetails?productCode=ZL26&productId=100000002014055005

Now to find out about the Sandbar Excursions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2049812&highlight=sandbar

Are the Sandbar excursions covered by the beverage package like other bars on the beach? What's the advantage?

Thanks again for the help. Labadee is like this great mystery to me... :D

Had read on another thread in the private islands section that the drink packages were not covered there as the excursion is run by a third party.

Had read on another thread in the private islands section that the drink packages were not covered there as the excursion is run by a third party.

Thanks for the quick response. I suppose I'm just a little bit confused by Labadee and trying to figure out if there's anything much to do besides lounge around since beach days aren't a big must-do for me.

Thanks for the quick response. I suppose I'm just a little bit confused by Labadee and trying to figure out if there's anything much to do besides lounge around since beach days aren't a big must-do for me.

People speak well of the Haiti Cultural Tour shore excursion on the port of call board and on Trip Advisor. Have not done it myself.

Other than that, yes, it's pretty much lounge on the beach, if amusement park rides are not your preference