Not good time for Royal to increase alcohol prices

Serves them right...when companies or people price things out of the market, others will step in to fill the gap...whether legal or allowed or not.

We see this in Canada with cigarettes....they are so taxed by the goverment, making them so expensive, that the black market is huge and thriving in Canada for "illegal" smokes....

This type of thing, a powdered alcohol would be huge, but an issue for everyone from cruises to airlines to just normal everyday bars/pubs.

I watched the vid, read the page.

Looks legit, but Why?

you only get 1 shot in each pack and it's only 58% normal spirit is 70%

And she mentioned in the video that you can Snort it. Oh hello, We see where this is going.

Kezz

If one gets high like they are taking a shot of alcohol from this powder- well, that could be true.

But unless the temperature of that powder is -173F, it's not powdered alcohol.

Alcohol = ethanol and is only solid when really cold.

Just sayn.

Looks legit, but Why?

And she mentioned in the video that you can Snort it. Oh hello, We see where this is going.

Kezz

Lol

If one gets high like they are taking a shot of alcohol from this powder- well, that could be true.

But unless the temperature of that powder is -173F, it's not powdered alcohol.

Alcohol = ethanol and is only solid when really cold.

Just sayn.

From what I have read, they have a sugar-based compound which actually absorbs alcohol - up to 60% of its own weight, in fact. When mixed with water, the alcohol is there alright. The science behind this is pretty cutting edge, and is beyond the traditional thinking.

Edited by Toddcan

Looks legit, but Why?

Kezz

Says you can sprinkle it on cereal too.

I don't like to see these new much higher drink prices, but I think that your point - the advent of powdered alcohol - is completely irrelevant.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

;)

I think it is totally relevant. Cruise lines just keep increasing the cost of alcohol even though the price for them to buy it has remained the same - there is no increase in cost to them from the manufacturer. People are looking for ways to get around those ridiculously inflated prices and this could be it - hidden in the suitcase from the x-ray machines :)

Edited by Clipper123

From what I have read, they have a sugar-based compound which actually absorbs alcohol - up to 60% of its own weight, in fact. When mixed with water, the alcohol is there alright. The science behind this is pretty cutting edge, and is beyond the traditional thinking.

So it's not actually powdered alcohol, but crystal sponges that have alchol in them.

That can't be cheap.

At least in comparison to just alcohol.

Still, if you want to use powder to get "drunk"- well....

Looks legit, but Why?

Plenty of legit reasons/uses from what I've heard and read.

Kezz

There's a lot of powder to make ONE shot. You "could" snort some but the sheer volume of powder one would have to snort to "feel" anything is nuts (thus not a factor). One source said it would take an hour to snort the equivalent of one shot.

I think the thread is relevant here btw.

Per the title of this thread, from a consumer standpoint, when is it a good time for Royal to increase alcohol prices? :eek:

True! That said; I was surprised there weren't multiple threads about it here already. Rum Runners get plenty of mention here (CC) to say the very least! Can't see why this wouldn't be totally "relevant" to discuss.

Title of thread could have been better though! :)

I don't like to see these new much higher drink prices, but I think that your point - the advent of powdered alcohol - is completely irrelevant.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

;)

Completely irrelevant??...Really? I can see if you say you don't like it or wouldnt do it. But to say its irrvelevant.

People are complaining about drink prices, and this new product may provide a cheaper option for many and much easier to sneak on board for those that want to try.

It maybe many things..but irrelevant it is not.

Attention all Royal cruisers----it is very easy to get this drink price increase reversed. The key is the bartenders!! If everyone starts drinking beer or drinks priced below $10 (assuming there are some) or reducing the amount of drinks per day, then, the bartenders tips will drastically be reduced AND TOP MANAGEMENT WILL HEAR THIS--ALL EMPLOYERS LISTEN TO THE EMPLOYEES RATHER THAN A BUNCH OF UPSET CRUISERS. I am not trying to pick on the bartenders (they usually are very good), but, we need to have a viable strategy. RIGHT NOW--answer to this thread: ON ALL FUTURE ROYAL CRUISES I WILL DECREASE MY SPENDING ON DRINKS!!! Answer now.

Attention all Royal cruisers----it is very easy to get this drink price increase reversed. The key is the bartenders!! If everyone starts drinking beer or drinks priced below $10 (assuming there are some) or reducing the amount of drinks per day, then, the bartenders tips will drastically be reduced AND TOP MANAGEMENT WILL HEAR THIS--ALL EMPLOYERS LISTEN TO THE EMPLOYEES RATHER THAN A BUNCH OF UPSET CRUISERS. I am not trying to pick on the bartenders (they usually are very good), but, we need to have a viable strategy. RIGHT NOW--answer to this thread: ON ALL FUTURE ROYAL CRUISES I WILL DECREASE MY SPENDING ON DRINKS!!! Answer now.

The thing is - I want to drink on my vacation! I don't want to drink beer or drink only 1 or 2 per drinks per day. I will decrease the price of alcohol by bringing on my own little sachets and mixing it with water from the tap - can't get any cheaper than that :)

Wouldn't it just be easier to sail a different cruise line?

Burt

Nope, that would involve researching itineraries, ships, cabin placement, calling to book, cancelling my current reservation, OBC that has already been purchased and besides I want to go on this particular ship and this particular itinerary. Much easier to throw a handful of sachets in my bag.

Edited by Clipper123

Wouldn't it just be easier to sail a different cruise line?

Burt

Now THAT would definitely get their attention. Just booked with NCL recently and they gave me the unlimited alcohol package for first 2 guests plus soda package for others, specialty dining package for all stateroom guests, plus OBC.

money talks, bs walks

Edited by f1mauro

Now THAT would definitely get their attention.

Maybe but as long as Royal acquires two "we dont care if a drink cost 25.00 a piece, we are on vacation" in place of one that leaves because of drink price increase, nothing will get their attention.

Even with poor bar service, virtually no bar waiters around the pool and increasing drink prices, I dont expect to see less people drinking on my next cruise.

There seems to be an abundance of people out there willing to throw their money away no matter how much something cost because of a hey " we don't care, we're on vacation!" mindset.