I wish Celebrity would:

jenniebnyc

many of us seem to be asking for the same things.

I wonder how the answers would group if we had shared age or age-bracket with our wish list.

Many of us asked for better internet. One person responded "how about no internet". Given the target market that celebrity is after .... reliable internet is a must.

Reverse the move away from all-inclusive experience, nickle and diming on a cruise takes away from the ambiance. We want to believe we have paid for quality when we step onboard, not that we have to pay MORE for it once on the ship.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this one. I don't want to pay for someone else's experience. I like paying a base fare and then adding on those items that are of importance to me. There are more upscale lines that don't operate this way, so it is possible to avoid the "nickel and dime" aspect.

It failed miserably for Carnival when they had Paradise as 100% non-smoking.

For some reason, smoke-free ships just do not make money for the cruise lines.

A big part of the reason Paradise failed as a 100% non-smoking ship was because it is difficult to get group business when no smoking is allowed as most groups will have at least a few smokers.

Agreed in full.

I will also chime in to say that I wish that Celebrity would do right by the customer who loses their cabin "inadvertently" due to Celebrity's error. Invariably the person who lost the cabin cannot get it back because someone else has come in and booked it. People book specific cabins for a reason and they should not lose their booking to Celebrity's negligence. Basically, Celebrity will not do right by the wronged customer, even if it's the right thing to do, if it means it affects another customer. That is just poor customer service.

We had a 6 B2B cruise where Celebrity "inadvertently" cancelled one of our reservations. We had specifically booked the same cabin for all 6 segments. Celebrity felt it had zero obligation to correct their error. They absolutely refused to move the passengers that snapped up our perfectly located cabin as soon as it became available.

1) Transformation the usually 'empty' Bistro on Five into a Sports Bar type with big screen TVs and reasonable upcharge food items appropriate for such. When I've checked it out I've never seen more guests than 'on Five' tables occupied.

1) Bistro, I've seen waiting lines at dinner time to get in. as with many venues, participation varies cruise to cruise and itinerary to itinerary and as to time of day. This said, I have not yet eaten there, but likely will on my upcoming TA as I will have unlimited specialty dining as part of my RS perks.

Please keep Bistro on 5. You should try it! Try it on embarkation day. It's great, and there are no lines and crowds like the buffet on the first day. It is really a good alternative to the MDR after a long port day of touring too.

I also vote for the piano bar, keeping specialty dining prices stable, and bringing the T-pool back!

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this one. I don't want to pay for someone else's experience. I like paying a base fare and then adding on those items that are of importance to me. There are more upscale lines that don't operate this way, so it is possible to avoid the "nickel and dime" aspect.

ITA. Affordability is still the single biggest factor to even be able to go on a cruise in the first place (for most people).

While no one likes to be nickel-and-dime'd to death, there's a reasonable balance point in the middle for including the basics in the cruise fare while providing a number of upgrades and extras for those customers that want more. For the most part, I think Celebrity (and the other mainstream cruise lines) strike that balance pretty well. There's enough "upscale" cruise lines out there that offer the all-inclusive luxury experience for those that really want it.

It failed miserably for Carnival when they had Paradise as 100% non-smoking.

For some reason, smoke-free ships just do not make money for the cruise lines.

Different time and different demographic. Carnival gave up on the Paradise because smokers take risky chances; they gamble more and drink more.

Today, Celebrity's demographic is much different, and the trend is headed south for smoking. Have you ever noticed more than a handful of smokers on a Celebrity ship?

The time is right!

Kel:)

Today, Celebrity's demographic is much different, and the trend is headed south for smoking. Have you ever noticed more than a handful of smokers on a Celebrity ship?

The time is right!

Not if they're expanding into Asia it isn't!

Different time and different demographic. Carnival gave up on the Paradise because smokers take risky chances; they gamble more and drink more.

The time is right!

The two cruises I have been on, the smoking areas were PACKED. Sometimes up to 20 or so people huffin' & puffin'. I don't want to imagine what it would have been like if all the smokers decided to light one up all the same time.

We had a 6 B2B cruise where Celebrity "inadvertently" cancelled one of our reservations. We had specifically booked the same cabin for all 6 segments. Celebrity felt it had zero obligation to correct their error. They absolutely refused to move the passengers that snapped up our perfectly located cabin as soon as it became available.

That's just plain WRONG.

This is why I have kept all my email correspondence to the TA I'm dealing with at Celebrity. I have emails PRIOR to me booking my Alaskan cruise indicating exactly which cabin I wanted. Once booked, I took a "screen shot" of the booking and saved it in JPG form. I have every piece of paperwork saved and printed.

If such an error happens with me, suffice it to say I will not be quiet about it and I will get the cabin back one way or another.

Piano Bar. Yes, a definite hit. Next a real sports bar. Many people like to watch their sports channel every day. They both seem to cover the interests of many age groups.

Food wise. I'd like to see a deck side waffle bar for breakfast which could serve as a panini bar for lunch. And with regards to a true sushi bar, maybe merge it with Bistro on 5?

Lastly, what really works on other cruise lines and is well attended?

What I am about to suggest will probably created a wall of flames. Do away with the formal night requirement. Many of the truly upscale small cruise lines no longer have it. It is all smart casual. I know there are options if you don't want to wear formal attire. Make it a true option. If a passenger wants to dress formally, fine, but let's do away with the sense that it is a "requirement", by removing the # of nights designated as formal. Too many people are under the impression that it is mandatory. Can you imagine how lovely it would be to no longer see the "can my husband get away with khakis and an open collar shirt in the MDR on formal night" posts? And the posts about how offended someone is because others don't meet their definition of formal. If there are passengers who truly want to dress formally, designate one of the specialty restaurants with formal attire only requirements on certain nights. Having said that, THEN, enforce smart casual after 5 PM in all dining venues except the Oceanview Cafe. No jeans, no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops, no hats (religious ones allowed), no t-shirts (men's shirts must have sleeves and collar). Everything I read on these boards points to fewer and fewer people who really, really want to pack true formal clothes and the related accessories.

Ok, get the popcorn popper out. And no, I am not trying to start a discussion of dress codes.

What I am about to suggest will probably created a wall of flames. Do away with the formal night requirement. Many of the truly upscale small cruise lines no longer have it. It is all smart casual. I know there are options if you don't want to wear formal attire. Make it a true option. If a passenger wants to dress formally, fine, but let's do away with the sense that it is a "requirement", by removing the # of nights designated as formal. Too many people are under the impression that it is mandatory. Can you imagine how lovely it would be to no longer see the "can my husband get away with khakis and an open collar shirt in the MDR on formal night" posts? And the posts about how offended someone is because others don't meet their definition of formal. If there are passengers who truly want to dress formally, designate one of the specialty restaurants with formal attire only requirements on certain nights. Having said that, THEN, enforce smart casual after 5 PM in all dining venues except the Oceanview Cafe. No jeans, no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops, no hats (religious ones allowed), no t-shirts (men's shirts must have sleeves and collar). Everything I read on these boards points to fewer and fewer people who really, really want to pack true formal clothes and the related accessories.

Ok, get the popcorn popper out. And no, I am not trying to start a discussion of dress codes.

While I completely agree, this is such a contentious, hot button topic that the forum host has opened up a dedicated thread for it and asked that all discussion of Celebrity dress codes be directed there instead...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113872

Bring back the Hawaii round trip to/from California cruises.

They are like a B2B TA that visits Hawaii.

Plus one does not have to bus to/from Ensenada like when going one way (due to the Jones act).

Also would be nice to actually have a B2B TA. Holland America does this.

Means NO international airfare!!!

Take away the loud jarring afternoon music at the outdoor pool. On Caribbean it should be steel drums, Jimmy Buffet, etc. it was so bad on our last cruise we had to leave. There was no melody, just loud thumping sounds.

Stop passengers bringing their own music devices to the pool - we had a group get in the hot tub with a Bluetooth speaker who started their music on top if the loud dj music and it was unbearable

Loads of people moved when they refused to turn it off

Other than that just want to add, as all these little things mentioned are to make it perfect, what a great job celebrity is doing

Music trivia! Those are some of the best attended activities on RCCL, especially for 70's and 80's music and classic rock.

Celeb does have music trivia contests. (I know because DW and I are three for three in the Motown triva contests; forgive the immodesty.) They had other, more modern music trivia contests too. (It's a reflection of our age that we didn't win any of those.) Anyway, the contests are listed in the daily bulletins. They don't get huge crowds, but enough people do show up to make it interesting.

One more voice for the chorus (bad pun) of people who want piano bars.

Maybe turn Cellars into a piano bar. I would love to see the return of some of the live entertainment we have enjoyed over the years, ie, string quartets, accapella groups, music in the MDR on formal nights.

Would love to see an S class ship replace Summit in Bermuda, competition has or will have almost new ships there.

Yes, please: Piano Bars, the String Quartets (on our first X cruises our favorite times were spent in the Cova) and a newer ship out of Bayonne!

Music trivia! Those are some of the best attended activities on RCCL, especially for 70's and 80's music and classic rock.

In the 2015/2016 Americas brochure there's mention of a collaboration with Billboard. It mentions "energy infused musical programs based on today's hottest songs and artists" and invites us to "Test your trivia knowledge with our Music Game Shows. Win awesome Billboard prizes." Your vacation is about to Rock 'n' Roll (or so says the brochure!)

Has anyone seen any of these Billboard activities?

In the 2015/2016 Americas brochure there's mention of a collaboration with Billboard. It mentions "energy infused musical programs based on today's hottest songs and artists" and invites us to "Test your trivia knowledge with our Music Game Shows. Win awesome Billboard prizes." Your vacation is about to Rock 'n' Roll (or so says the brochure!)

Has anyone seen any of these Billboard activities?

Hmmm. "today's hottest songs and artists" would kinda suck, for my tastes. I think most of the clientelle on cruise ships want yesterday's music instead. ;)

We see that quite a bit on RCCL music trivia activities. When they get to the newer music, most people are like "what in the heck is this crap??". It's the 60's/70's/80's stuff that tends to draw the biggest crowds and the most interest (with only a little older and newer stuff sprinkled in).

Hmmm. "today's hottest songs and artists" would kinda suck, for my tastes. I think most of the clientelle on cruise ships want yesterday's music instead. ;)

We see that quite a bit on RCCL music trivia activities. When they get to the newer music, most people are like "what in the heck is this crap??". It's the 60's/70's/80's stuff that tends to draw the biggest crowds and the most interest (with only a little older and newer stuff sprinkled in).

Most anything modern, except for country, I pretty much avoid. And I'm 52. Though I can appreciate a singer such as Meghan Trainor because a lot of her songs have a 50's vibe to it.

Be that as it may, as long as the music is not pounding out of the speakers with the volume set to 11, I can deal with it.

Strongly agree...

get rid of Miami DJs....everywhere on board,

add Jimmy Buffet, Island band, jazz, latin....anything but the loud DJ and bongo bangers!

get some good DJs like they used to feature in the clubs

Better/functional website

offer more free current movies in staterooms

enforce dress codes and rules about kiddies in hot tubs..

open the lawn and its cabanas to all guests

Keep striving to deliver an upscale, elegant, enjoyable cruise experience..,,.

Well said - spot on:)