WOW cards

What if any are the rules on WOW cards? I know C&A members are given a card at the beginning of each cruise. Is it possible to give more than one WOW on a cruise. I'm on a back to back and gave out the first WOW at the beginning of the second leg. Is it still permissible to give out a WOW for the second leg?

Also, is it possible to get additional cards from either guest relations or the loyalty ambassador?

Thanks

Roy

I want to say on my last cruise they gave us three wow cards. I don't know if it was by mistake or not ? but we did give out the third card. I cant see why they would not give you another card if you did request another

Edited by trev71

The only retriction that comes to mind is that you cannot give WOW cards to people like the Concierge. I've not seen any restrictions on how many WOW cards you can give.

Edited by clarea

When we boarded the Quantum on Feb 20th, I requested a Wow card and was told they are no longer used. I guess either I got wrong information or this applies only to Quantum. We recieved the envelopes at the end of the cruise to use if we wished to tip additional and I recall the envelope said Wow on it.

There were no wow cards at guest services on Liberty in January. They gave me blank envelopes and I wrote wow all over them with a note inside. I addressed the envelope to the department head.

Our waiter in portofino did mention that the survey carries much more weight than the wow cards. (I asked)

Just off on Saturday and I didn't received any WOW cards. There were the regular envelopes for tips left the last night. Waiter regularly asked if we were pleased with his service and reminded us of the satisfaction survey we would receive via email. Unfortunately, this was the first cruise where I felt the staff service wasn't anything more that required, so no more than the recommended tip.

There were no wow cards at guest services on Liberty in January. They gave me blank envelopes and I wrote wow all over them with a note inside. I addressed the envelope to the department head.

Our waiter in portofino did mention that the survey carries much more weight than the wow cards. (I asked)

That's good to know. Thank you.

Roy

We got WOW cards on Enchantment last Monday. For Bob, I did see one on Carlington's desk in the CL made out to him.

We have been told while on a B2B that you only get them at Portside Check In. We usually keep a couple in case we need them when not available.

The way the system works is that at the next crew meeting the top recipient of WOW cards gets to spin a wheel for a prize on the wheel. May be 6 hours extra time off at a specific port of call, or monetary gift, etc.. Has nothing to do with Comments given during survey! Just another perk if they win the spin.

Interesting!

We just received 3 WOW cards (port check in) on our cruise on Brilliance last week. I completed them but also included the specific staff in the post cruise survey.

Edited by breeze123

The only retriction that comes to mind is that you cannot give WOW cards to people like the Concierge. I've not seen any restrictions on how many WOW cards you can give.

I don't think this is correct information. We have given them to the Concierge when deserved, and we have given one to the Diamond Lounge Concierge. Just keep in mind; they are for OUTSTANDING SERVICE - not just good service.

And....

You can get as many as you want. Go to Guest Relations and ask for them.

Edited by DHADEN

I don't think this is correct information. We have given them to the Concierge when deserved, and we have given one to the Diamond Lounge Concierge. Just keep in mind; they are for OUTSTANDING SERVICE - not just good service.

And....

You can get as many as you want. Go to Guest Relations and ask for them.

You certainly can give the cards to anyone, and I don't think anyone would refuse one out of politeness. However, I believe the concierges do not get any benefit from WOW cards.

OK I probably have a silly question but who do you hand these WOW cards to once you fill them out? Do you hand them to the individual you wrote up or leave them in your cabin? I have been so busy on my cruises that I haven't had a chance to fill any out but this next cruise is to Bermuda for 3 days so I'm thinking I will have time. I've been very pleased with all the employees on RCI & literally could not complain about anyone. Am I that unusual?

OK I probably have a silly question but who do you hand these WOW cards to once you fill them out? Do you hand them to the individual you wrote up or leave them in your cabin? I have been so busy on my cruises that I haven't had a chance to fill any out but this next cruise is to Bermuda for 3 days so I'm thinking I will have time. I've been very pleased with all the employees on RCI & literally could not complain about anyone. Am I that unusual?

Hand them to the crewmember you are writing about.

Hand them to the crewmember you are writing about.

Thanks, Bob, for your quick response. I was afraid my question was too silly. I'm still learning. I am enjoying every cruise & I can't understand why anyone can be bored on a cruise. I don't have enough time to do everything I want. I have to pick & choose.

There should be a Crown and Anchor box either at guest relations or at the C&A desk. I was told to put mine in there.

Roy