On Demand TV

nukesubsailor

We love the "on demand" tv programing on the Royal Princess. I would like to know if anyone sailing on ships other than the Royal and Regal have noticed if that ship has upgraded to this new TV programing.

I know Sapphire Princess has it... From what I understand, it's supposed to be rolled out to the entire fleet by the end of the year.

Its not really anyone elses business why people want to know about the TV system.

There is a multitude of reasons such as after a long day they just want to order room service, lay on the bed, relax and watch a film.

If you are not actually able to answer the question why post on the thread?? Just because you dont want to do it doesnt mean others dont.

OP, as said Royal, regal and sapphire at the moment, but hopefully the rest of the fleet in the near future.

Everyone is different. Some people spend a lot of time in their cabins, others just shower, change and sleep there. I spend very little time in my cabin and almost never turn on the TV yet my sister (in a separate cabin) spends a good part of the day there. She does what she wants to do, I do what I want to do.

With "on demand," it's nice to know that if you do start to watch a movie, you can leave and pick it up where you left off when you get back. I also like that you can watch port lecturers and other featured speakers on demand without having to choose one thing to go to and miss something else. How many times have there been two things scheduled at the same time that you want to go to? Happens to me all the time.

With "on demand," it's nice to know that if you do start to watch a movie, you can leave and pick it up where you left off when you get back. I also like that you can watch port lecturers and other featured speakers on demand without having to choose one thing to go to and miss something else. How many times have there been two things scheduled at the same time that you want to go to? Happens to me all the time.

This is the best feature of the on-demand system. There are so many movies that I have seen parts of, but never the entire show. :)

I know Sapphire Princess has it... From what I understand, it's supposed to be rolled out to the entire fleet by the end of the year.

:eek:I understand the Sapphire is being rented out to the China market? Sounds horrible!:eek:

I agree with the comments above.

On-demand TV is also on the Diamond Princess and the Sun Princess.

This is the best feature of the on-demand system. There are so many movies that I have seen parts of, but never the entire show. :)

This will end something I enjoy ... watching random 10-minute

segments of movies, in random order, and trying to figure out the

plot line by the end of the cruise!

I've been known to watch something on MUTS that I really wanted to see when my wife decided it was too darn chilly to be outside. She will love having extra choices of something to watch in the cabin in those instances. Being able to pick up where you left off if you want to run to HC or IC for a snack or something will make it even better for her. I look forward to having this as an option.

This will end something I enjoy ... watching random 10-minute

segments of movies, in random order, and trying to figure out the

plot line by the end of the cruise!

Just watch a Tarantino movie... :p It's the same thing. :):D

I've been known to watch something on MUTS that I really wanted to see when my wife decided it was too darn chilly to be outside. She will love having extra choices of something to watch in the cabin in those instances. Being able to pick up where you left off if you want to run to HC or IC for a snack or something will make it even better for her. I look forward to having this as an option.

I believe that a movie shown on MUTS will be shown the following day on the tv. At least that was the case on the Royal in Feb.

Not as of yet but I suspect there will be for first run movies sometime in the future. The system seems to be set up for that.

Princess (and no other cruise line other than Disney) has first run movies.

At best it is a movie that is about to come out on DVD or one that had just come out on DVD.

Princess (and no other cruise line other than Disney) has first run movies.

At best it is a movie that is about to come out on DVD or one that had just come out on DVD.

Yes, but don't you think it would be a big seller? I suspect people would probably be willing to pay top dollar to see them on a cruise ship.

• 4 months later...
Yes, but don't you think it would be a big seller? I suspect people would probably be willing to pay top dollar to see them on a cruise ship.

I for one would not pay top dollar for he movies. Maybe low dollar.