Questions about Sunday Brunch?

qkdasmom

We went on the Summit 2 1/2 years ago and had a wonderful Sunday Brunch...we are going again over New Years with our kids & wondering if they still serve a brunch?

Also my sister is going in November on the other S. Caribbean itinerary and will have an at sea day on Monday & she is wondering if they will have the brunch with this itinerary?

Thank you.

Natalie

Hubs and I only went to one, and personally we didn't really care for it. It was so busy and packed that we found by the time we battled the crowds to get to the food and returned to our table our food was cold. It was not pleasant and we both agreed we would prefer to simply enjoy a peaceful meal with a menu and have our chosen meal brought to our table hot and fresh and less "handled" by fellow cruisers.

...but that's just our experience. I know it has been very popular with other cruisers.

...we both agreed we would prefer to simply enjoy a peaceful meal with a menu and have our chosen meal brought to our table hot and fresh and less "handled" by fellow cruisers.
I too hate buffets of any kind and the simple solution to this is to go to any of the cooked to order stations and your food is made fresh right in front of you and it will still be hot when you walk it back to your table. At the old brunch, these types of options included made to order stir fry pasta, omelettes, and waffles. The latter two are also available each and every day at the Oceanview cafe as well as made to order different types of eggs benedicts.

The brunch was fun to see, lots of glitter with the ice sculputures etc but the meal itself was never so great for us. Both of us prefer sitting down with a menu and being served. We rarely eat in Oceanview or any other buffet. Remembering back to some midnight buffets on other lines on some early cruises, it was the same thing. We walked in looked and "pretty" and left....

In desperate need of a "chocolate(?) fountain", stop by Golden Corral@ before you leave on your next cruise. Enjoy every cruise.

There is still hope: On both our summit cruise last may and our reflection cruise over thanksgiving there was a chocolate fountain, complete with homemade marshmallows, at the buffet on one sea day.

Steve

The best part of the brunch was sitting on the top floor and watching all the starving people push and shove each other out of the way to get more food!!

I for one don't miss it at all, and other than a few minor items, it was all stuff you could get at the buffet any day, with a few ice sculptures thrown in. I love to eat, but I always find buffets to be vast quantities of mediocre food, and this one was no exception.

Edited by CathyCruises

No gala brunch in the MDR any longer. They do have a smaller version in the Oceanview cafe on one sea day- Ice sculptures and a few additional food items not normally served in the Oceanview.

We just returned home from a B2B2B series on the Infinity, and apparently we must have blinked the each day that the Ocean View Cafe was offering its enhanced lunch buffet. We almost always just fix salads for lunch, and on none of those three cruises did we see any enhanced offerings on one day at the Ocean View.

But quite frankly, we hadn't attended the grand lunch buffet at the MDR in years. While I realize that many folks miss it, neither my husband nor I were fans.