Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

Jenna - I have never done a B2B so looking forward to hear how the transition went as well as what you did to enjoy/occupy your time since this is really more of a port day for you.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

After a leisurely (our choice) breakfast at Lumniae at 7:45 we headed back to our cabin to read. Internet was off so it was very relaxing. We asked to be called just before the ship was cleared and we would come down to the B2B meeting place in Rendezvous lounge. We sat down for less than 5 minutes before the clearance was given. We walked off follows by the approximately 80 guests including a few other suite guests. We waited off at the bottom of the escalators until we were cleared, then showed our passports and looped back around with out going further than the bottom of the escalators. An officer brought everyone's key cards which were presented in "the" blue folder with the new internet codes and our new keys. About 2-3 minutes later someone radioed down the ship was at zero count, and back onboard we went, full time off less than 15 min. We headed back to our cabin for more reading as the Internet was not back on yet. At about 11:30a I worked for 2 hours before heading back to Luminae for lunch where I type this. It will be our first day with breakfast/lunch/dinner in the restaurant.

Breakfast was excellent as always and I'll be posting menus and reviews for breakfast and lunch once I finish :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah! Did the pastries taste good? I concede it is hard to be too chocolatey but...

Does everyone want me to keep posting? Here was breakfast menu for this morning. I don't see much change.

f93d8bcf73a28d0d0a03803cafac502c.jpg

The have breakfast nailed. Maybe if I pick, my hash browns we're a tad greasy? I had the crepe, it was good, but I couldn't finish. Pastries continue to impress. There are healthy choices. No pics however as I was barely awake.

Lunch:

f892185e0fd5aeae0217a0e3a7f2941b.jpg

I started with the salmon sashimi which was the one I didn't get a pic of (or get to taste) last night. It was yummy and refreshing, not really Asian inspired or salty ;)

26eaeeb1820bf6d332dc50192d1100cc.jpg

Dee had the tomato salad but I think I shared a pic of that previously. She than had the bruschette I had a week ago, still excellent, less salty.

I had to try the burger. I couldn't resist and took a bite before I took a pic. It is a great burger, and juicy on a nice brioche with cartelized onions though it came well when ordered medium rare. I kind of expected this given the grill they seem to be using. We have a small farm of our own and for the past 4 years have grown our own meat (beef, pork, and poultry) so we're pretty spoiled with quality. Our burger is better than Luminae but theirs was better than all but the best burgers I've had out. I'd expect to pay $20+ for a burger like this put. You can see herbs right in the patty, or I could. Anyway. Fries were ok, not as good as some. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad with the small portion. 9f6f458e8015df5c2c954915de344ed8.jpg

I finished with more peanut butter ice cream, soooooo good. The gym is DEFINITELY in my future this afternoon. I asked if it was gelato or ice cream. I was told since the Luminae kitchen is the only one open it was brought all the way down from deck 10, no questions asked.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hah! Did the pastries taste good? I concede it is hard to be too chocolatey but...

Does everyone want me to keep posting? Here was breakfast menu for this morning. I don't see much change.

f93d8bcf73a28d0d0a03803cafac502c.jpg

The have breakfast nailed. Maybe if I pick, my hash browns we're a tad greasy? I had the crepe, it was good, but I couldn't finish. Pastries continue to impress. There are healthy choices. No pics however as I was barely awake.

Lunch:

f892185e0fd5aeae0217a0e3a7f2941b.jpg

I started with the salmon sashimi which was the one I didn't get a pic of (or get to taste) last night. It was yummy and refreshing, not really Asian inspired or salty ;)

26eaeeb1820bf6d332dc50192d1100cc.jpg

Dee had the tomato salad but I think I shared a pic of that previously. She than had the bruschette I had a week ago, still excellent, less salty.

I had to try the burger. I couldn't resist and took a bite before I took a pic. It is a great burger, and juicy on a nice brioche with cartelized onions though it came well when ordered medium rare. I kind of expected this given the grill they seem to be using. We have a small farm of our own and for the past 4 years have grown our own meat (beef, pork, and poultry) so we're pretty spoiled with quality. Our burger is better than Luminae but theirs was better than all but the best burgers I've had out. I'd expect to pay $20+ for a burger like this put. You can see herbs right in the patty, or I could. Anyway. Fries were ok, not as good as some. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad with the small portion. 9f6f458e8015df5c2c954915de344ed8.jpg

I finished with more peanut butter ice cream, soooooo good. The gym is DEFINITELY in my future this afternoon. I asked if it was gelato or ice cream. I was told since the Luminae kitchen is the only one open it was brought all the way down from deck 10, no questions asked.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I for one would love you to keep posting. My understanding was the dinner menu would change every 14 days, so hopefully you will have some additional/new changes. I'm boarding the Infinity in two weeks and you are definitely wetting my appetite -- pun intended. 😃

"Does everyone want me to keep posting?"

If you have the time, at least posting the menus would be great (and a picture or two of new dishes:)). I have a feeling the menus will evolve over time and it would be interesting to follow. If you would rather spend your time relaxing, please do so - you deserve it!

Thanks for keeping us updated in real time!

Jenna,

Do you know Gary & Jake?

Apparently they embarked on the Summit today.

Invited to Luminae in their welcome letter by the HD.

Turned away by the Luminae staff.......

You might run into them in Michaels Club.

The menu for tonight is identical to last Saturday night:

8748cf91e4271d891bdcf4671e2c06ed.jpg

I didn't check to see if it was a repeat or re-dated.

We're heading in after muster.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

Do you know Gary & Jake?

Love it. Those folks on Celebrity really need to learn to talk to one another! Hope they took this up with the HD.

Jenna,

Do you know Gary & Jake?

Dee met them in MC earlier today and told me what happened. Not sure how it will shake out and if the Hotel Director can make that decision or not. This is their first cruise as Zenith (as I'm sure you know that). If I don't see them in Luminae tonight I am sure I will at dinner tomorrow night with Captain Dimitris.

I'm not sure if I'll report the outcome here as it could be a one off, a mistake or because they're newly Zenith. I'll let them decide.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna , you are fantastic. I will have my first Celebrity cruise, in Royal Suite, so I'm hanging on to every report. I've only been on Disney with the kids. This will be for the first time a no kid trip. I'm trying to learn everything about the suite perks.

I'm hoping to see a copy of the expanded room service menu for suites. If at all possible, could you post them please.

Jenna, u are wonderful to do all this work while u are on vacation! I cannot tell u how helpful u have been! Loving all your comments!

I just want to double check: w/a RS & the 123 promotion, can u book ANY specialty restaurant (like Normandie, Bistro on 5, or Qsine) and not be charged (except for extra tip, of course!)???? This is in case, we want to dine other than Luminare????

What is procedure???? Do u give your requests to the Butler each day?

Also, to be sure: in booking a RS(w/123 promotion), can u go to Martini Bar (or ANY bar, even in a DR) and get any drink up to $13 w/o being charged?????

Thank you so very very much.......:)

Francis

Jenna,

Thanks so much for all the hard work on the thread!

I'm in an RS on the Millennium to Alaska - last cruise of the year out of Vancouver for our Honeymoon.

We are so excited, and your posts are adding to it! Please keep posting!!

Jenna,

Thank You SO MUCH for taking the time to do all these wonderful posts and pictures!! I'll be on the Summit starting May 24th, so this is really informative. It's so good to get a review of the menus and dishes. The pictures are invaluable.

Please continue to report - and give us & them your feedback,

Terri

A few questions answered:

Room service menus have not changed (yet?). You can order off the MDR menu of course or whatever else is on the menu. The higher the level of suite, we've found the more likely for a butler to accommodate special requests. The truly WANT to serve.

No more jewel box candies Hulamoon, if you have one, it will be a collectors item. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll put a couple on eBay :D

If you're in a royal suite 123 go will have absolutely no impact on you're cruse unless you take OBC or free gratuities (which is usually my recommendation). The perks come with the suite regardless of the booking amenities.

If you want to dine in a specialty restaurant you can have the Michael's Club concierge take care of your reservation (sour preferred method) or let your butler know. We haven't dined anywhere but Normandie but we didn't get a skip even. You don't even get charged a tip. If something has no cost, like a drink, they don't charge 18% as 0 x 18% = 0. You can of course leave something if you wish but you'd have to use cash or ask for a slip.

You get the same premium drink package (PALL) as if you bought it or got the classic and upgraded it. You can drink up to the limits anywhere you'd like onboard. Our choice varies from martini bar to Michael's Club generally but we float around some.

Next up, pictures and dinner comments.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We had two women from our roll. call join us for dinner tonight (Heather and her friend Maryanne who we actually had dinner with on our Millenium voyage back in November). They are suite guests and we had mad reservations. Most of the food did repeat from a week ago so l we need the report from longer sailings to see new menus or maybe they'll change after some growing pains.

The Amuse-Bouche was good but the same I think, but since I don't think I posted a pic last week here it is:

6416ebdf1be31e3a59f6a510648062e5.jpg

I had tomato soup which was good. Dee started with the pork belly which she loved then had the tomato soup. She sent it back to have it warmed. I tasted hers, it was cold. Mine was hot. Go figure.

283f4813ce3155768c7bf99b9eb4cb95.jpg

2b02caa2a307d806cc0ec064e975631c.jpg

Next up was my first but definitely not my last, off menu order outside of dessert and that was the Cesar salad. It was Cesar salad. What can you say about it unless the dressing is made fresh with raw egg and anchovies lemon and high quality Parmesan and this wasn't. No pic, like I said, it was Caesar salad.

Heather and Maryanne both had the tomato mozzarella salsa and finished it I think. No pic but it looked good to me.

Everyone at the table had the duck, again no pic, with guests I try not to be rude! Heather and Maryanne wanted the filet but based on our previous experience and feeling that their grill isn't hot enough we recommended against it. I'm sure il try it again. The duck was enjoyed by all. It arrived as one piece, not sliced. It was fatty, but that's duck. I love when duck skin is rendered and crispy but if you know duck / goose that is a tough task. We found the seasoning universally appropriate.

Service continues to improve and is much better than a week ago. The server we've had almost every night after the first night has been good but service can still use a bit of refinement. I still am irked by the ordering process. They use triplicate pads which is ok I guess but it's not easy to order and with such a small menu when your order isn't high maintenance it should just be easy. I shouldn't need to double confirm every item in my order. They should be able to just remember the order of a 2, or 4 top or even larger table:

1 soup, 2 pork, 1 salad

1 Cesar, 1 soup, 1 salad

4 duck, 3 mr, 1 medium

I've never been a server but it's not that hard. Tust me, this is all out of my head, after three plus glasses of wine and and hour or so of black jack.

The Amuse-dessert was the same as the first night and not to our liking with a lime (I think, I can't remember or maybe I'm trying to forget it) sorbet and horse radish. I like horse radish but this dish just doesn't work for me.

The ice cream was again my choice, what's not to live. Darlene got her favorite flavor, coconut.

Tomorrow is my first time to St Croix since I was 8 years old. It sounds like Dee may want to explore and find a beach, otherwise we're not getting off again until St Thomas when we have plans I'll share more on later. It's also formal night and we received another invitation to dine with the captain which I'm fairly certain Dee accepted (she's asleep which is where I need to be, all the wine makes me sleeeepy). That means I'll post a menu pic but no review.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Tomorrow is my first time to St Croix since I was 8 years old. It sounds like Dee may want to explore and find a beach, otherwise we're not getting off again until St Thomas when we have plans I'll share more on later. It's also formal night and we received another invitation to dine with the captain which I'm fairly certain Dee accepted (she's asleep which is where I need to be, all the wine makes me sleeeepy). That means I'll post a menu pic but no review.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

Get some sleep! We are loving your reports but a cruise should not be like work and you are already doing the day job whilst on board.