Neptune Lounge Question

This forum has been a wealth of information and I appreciate the responses when I had one question. I can't find the answer to this question: Will the concierge in the Neptune Lounge print our airline boarding passes for us? (We don't normally have a same-day connection, but as we are staying in Vancouver a while before the cruise we are booked to fly home on the day of arrival so we would like our BPs the afternoon before.) I have no need at all for Internet access and all of my friends who are HAL-regulars say it is rubbish. My experience with Internet on my usual cruise line is the same. Thanks for any responses.

We only have sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam and can state that the concierge will assist you and invite you to login at a laptop solely at disposal for Neptune Lounge guests. But as you go on-line you will need to pay a fee for minutes you are on-line with the internet. So our experience is that the concierge does not print it out but will guide through the process.

No...... I have never known the concierges to print guests boarding passes. You can easily go to Explorations Café to print. Some Neptune Lounges Sometimes have a lap top for guests use but do not absolutely depend upon it. You will pay by the minute to access WiFi or if you have a package, minutes will be deducted. I am NOT sure you can access concierge's printer. There is no printer attached to the laptop, that I know of.

Edited by sail7seas

Yes, but if I"m flying Southwest I would not want to wait or I'll be riding on the tail of the plane. :D

OK, point taken.

If seating assignment is important to the OP, I suggest the OP does have a need for the Internet, and should take responsibility to meet this need.

There is a decent offering by HAL for the last two days of the cruise (or night and next day), deliberately so people can do this. It's quite reasonable IMO for one that gets internet packages and compares and makes it easy to do this.

Yes, but if I"m flying Southwest I would not want to wait or I'll be riding on the tail of the plane. :D

I usually buy the Early Bird option from Southwest Air - cost about $12.50 per person. That way they assign you a number BEFORE the 24 hour window opens to everyone else and you should get an A assignment and you do not have to worry about finding an Internet hookup. Well worth the money IMO (and I am frugal).

Edited by DaveOKC

I usually buy the Early Bird option from Southwest Air - cost about $12.50 per person. That way they assign you a number BEFORE the 24 hour window opens to everyone else and you should get an A assignment and you do not have to worry about finding an Internet hookup. Well worth the money IMO (and I am frugal).

I buy the Early Bird Option whenever I fly Southwest - it is well worth the not having to worry about seating. Of course, a few minutes on the Internet the last day of the cruise would be less money. And as others have said, the Luggage Direct is great.

As midwest said, if you use luggage direct, they will do the boarding passes for you. Last cruise, we did not have time for luggage direct so downloaded the pass and took it to the library and they printed it out for us. Now, you don't have to do either. Just download the pass to your phone and you are set... NO PAPER...

Not sure why you expect the ship to eat the expense for something that is your responsibility. Yes, it is minor cost, but it is also a minor cost to you.

You can get your boarding pass for free when you check your luggage at the airport.

I think I may regret asking the question;). I am well aware that I can get a boarding pass for free at the airport. Because we are flying in Business Class on Air Canada I have our seat assignment, but I still prefer to get the BPs 24 hours in advance in case there is a change of aeroplane type which might require us to choose different seats. If I have to pay for Internet, so be it, even if I have to sacrifice my afternoon G&T. We have travelled several times in another line's Princess and Queen's Grills and, although we have never needed an airline boarding pass, I have seen the concierge print them out for many who do.

Another reason I thought this service might be provided is because of a Google search I did. It was discussed on Cruise Critic several years ago that the Neptune concierges do offer this, but I found nothing recent. There was also a link to HAL's own site of a few years back which listed the provision of airline boarding passes as one of the perks of travelling in suites. The current listing of suite benefits does not list this, so perhaps it is a cutback.

We fly AC, AA, Southwest and Delta--when staying in hotels with shared (not secure) computers we just do the check in online on our phone or iPad 24 hours ahead and then print the boarding passes at the airport. The two actions don't necessarily have to be done at the same time.

<snip>

Another reason I thought this service might be provided is because of a Google search I did. It was discussed on Cruise Critic several years ago that the Neptune concierges do offer this, but I found nothing recent. There was also a link to HAL's own site of a few years back which listed the provision of airline boarding passes as one of the perks of travelling in suites. The current listing of suite benefits does not list this, so perhaps it is a cutback.

I have no doubt you may have read that but I can tell you after dozens and dozens of times in Suites with concierge service on HAL, I have never seen a concierge print a boarding pass for a guest.

I won't say it didn't happen but it is likely I might have actually seen a concierge do it if that were the case. Perhaps there is that one out of thousands exception. :)

I have always found the internet horrendously slow the last day of a cruise. Getting any kind of a boarding pass takes extra time (I have found). I think you have better luck getting up early on the day you are disembarking and trying then. The Internet cafe can be a madhouse particularly if the last day is a sea day. [emoji21]

This would be a nice perk to add, given the price of suites and the high praise for enhanced service for suite guests in the exclusive special Neptune Lounge (as stated in the ads). Compared to other lines the suite perks are not that special--especially for 4 and 5 star mariners. It wouldn't cost the company that much and would create good will.

Now before someone says that it would be too much work the last day of the cruise not everyone would need to wait until the last day, there could be a sign up procedure so that you could get your passes printed as soon as your airline allows.

Just a thought.

Of any or all perks I might like to see added to Neptune Lounge, this is not one of them. :) Concierge has much to do that last day of a cruise helping Suite guests in many ways and printing boarding pass would occupy time she could be doing more helpful things. IMO I know you said to not mention there are other things concierge should be doing but I find it highly pertinent.

Edited by sail7seas

Of any or all perks I might like to see added to Neptune Lounge, this is not one of them. :) Concierge has much to do that last day of a cruise helping Suite guests in many ways and printing boarding pass would occupy time she could be doing more helpful things. IMO I know you said to not mention there are other things concierge should be doing but I find it highly pertinent.

I agree. I've seen how busy they are...not to mention it is a turnaround day.

We can't print off passes until 24 hours before. We try not to fly out the same day, but if we are I have had no problem getting it printed on my own.

We print it off the night before IF we need it.

there's a lot of other suite amenities I would rather see than this.

There is a special package available for doing this and quite reasonable IMO.

I would like to see some added perks for those who are 4* & 5* and are in Suites. Both have unlimited laundry so it's duplicated but there is no way to have 2 unlimited laundry services. Kinda decreases the perks for one or the other so makes it not so special.

I have no doubt you may have read that but I can tell you after dozens and dozens of times in Suites with concierge service on HAL, I have never seen a concierge print a boarding pass for a guest.

I won't say it didn't happen but it is likely I might have actually seen a concierge do it if that were the case. Perhaps there is that one out of thousands exception. :)

The concierge does print boarding passes for luggage direct users.

Thank goodness that concierge keep's prying eyes from seeing my private travel information.

That doesn't make sense to me. Why not have all the luggage direct info be handled in one place, freeing up the concierge to specifically addressing individual requests instead of general office work. Many people don't even use paper boarding passes some of the time, choosing instead to check in and use a phone or ipad. It would still seem to me to be a small perk that a small number of suite guests would take advantage of.

We actually have never needed the services of the concierge, but if we were flying SW without earlybird that perk would be handy.

Yes we could do it ourselves, but everyone can also check dining reservations, request a table, make a spa appointment check their account on their own without bothering the concierge.

I thought it was a legit question and if I had seen boarding passes being printed would think that this applied to everyone.