I'm 30 and I can't stand rowdy Spring Break Cruises

travelplus

At 30 and even when I was younger I would detest going on a Spring Break Cruise even as a teen as I can't stand the Hip Hop Music, Drunk underage drinkers. Just the smell of smoke and shall we say the other dirty stuff turned me off . I am so glad my Parents did not subject my Brother and I to a Carnival Cruise.

Now at 30 I can really appreciate cruises. I love Motown Music/Disco Music and the Old Soft-Rock Music along with World Music/Classical and Jazz Music.

I will be going on the Coral Princess for the Full Transit Panama Canal with my Father this Sunday. We did a Cunard Med Cruise this past November also 2 weeks.

Call me the type who would find pure bliss in the Sanctuary or by the pool listening to the Calypso Band, Attending the Shows and even striking up conversation with people in the Dining Room/Buffet etc.

Or just reading my book in the library or having snacks/coffee in the International Cafe. That is my cup of tea.

I really enjoyed going almost daily to the Afternoon Tea on Cunard and hope to continue the tradition on Princess along with the other onboard parties.

I am a foodie and I must say I enjoy the food onboard all the cruises I have been on. I only returned one entree because it did not taste right but then I quickly ordered something else and apologized. Other than that I eat what is put in front of me. Just the easy-going cruiser.

So my point is you can be 30 but enjoy Frank Sinatra, Genesis, Bee Gees , good Movies Under The Stars, dancing to Disco and attending the shows .

I will admit that having an Interior Cabin did not stop me from having fun. In fact I had so much fun on my Cunard Cruise that I did not return to the cabin until well after 1 or 2 AM. Just used the Cabin to get dressed and take a short nap other than that I was up on deck.

People get so involved with a balcony(which I would like but then I would be afraid I would be on my balcony and not enjoying the fun on deck).

I even ordered Room Service to the cabin and had fun eating foods I would not normally eat at home while watching TV.

Cruising has various mindsets and you know what I'm fine with that. I am one who has fun from Dawn till Dusk. I am never bored because I read the Platter every night and select what I want to do.

Man with all the lectures, cooking demos , eating , watching movies, swimming, working out at the gym the days are fun. That is why I count the Sea Days the more the merrier along with cool ports.

I hope to be able to bring my Mom on Princess who sadly her first and only experience was on Holland America to Alaska. I told my Mom that she does not know what a fun cruise is. I would not want to go on Holland as I feel it gets slow after 8 PM.

I would not mind taking another Cunard Cruise but that will be a World Cruise. In fact if I could just cruise until the day I die after making the good money I would. Heck why pay rent to a sleezy landlord with all these rules about no parties etc.

I would rather just stay on for many segments on a Princess or Cunard Cruise and let people serve me. The cost of the drinks onboard is very reasonable including the beverage packages. I would just purchase the Premium Beverage Package for all my cruises and forget about it.

I love meeting new people and can't wait for more Princess Cruises.

But I think you should know that people like me never cruise during Spring break.

We big time cruisers keep track of when the students are on Spring break so we can avoid them. Plus, we avoid the U.S. President week school vacationers.

At the end of May is when some of the southern states are off for the summer. So I cruise before the end of May. West coast schools start their vacations in June. During the summer I only cruise to Alaska that attracts a lot of adults and children who are there to enjoy Alaska.

I started cruising when I was 32yrs. old and now I am a senior and I know when is the best time to cruise. I am a VIP on Princess and I am a VIP on Carnival. I enjoy both cruise lines for different reasons.

I have cruised on 7 different cruise lines and I enjoyed them all. I have cruised 42 times on Princess and 26 times on Carnival. My total cruises are

100 cruises in my life time and it will grow as I keep cruising.

Edited by LucyR.

Since DH teaches at a community college, we have to plan our cruises during his breaks. Spring break cruises have more than their share of rowdy behavior, but for the most part we haven't seen much more of it than on our other cruises. We tend to stick to adults-only areas instead of the main pools and always have late seating traditional dining. A Panama Canal cruise will have a lot fewer children and young adults since it's longer than a week.

At 30 and even when I was younger I would detest going on a Spring Break Cruise even as a teen as I can't stand the Hip Hop Music, Drunk underage drinkers. Just the smell of smoke and shall we say the other dirty stuff turned me off . I am so glad my Parents did not subject my Brother and I to a Carnival Cruise.

Now at 30 I can really appreciate cruises. I love Motown Music/Disco Music and the Old Soft-Rock Music along with World Music/Classical and Jazz Music.

I will be going on the Coral Princess for the Full Transit Panama Canal with my Father this Sunday. We did a Cunard Med Cruise this past November also 2 weeks.

Call me the type who would find pure bliss in the Sanctuary or by the pool listening to the Calypso Band, Attending the Shows and even striking up conversation with people in the Dining Room/Buffet etc.

Or just reading my book in the library or having snacks/coffee in the International Cafe. That is my cup of tea.

I really enjoyed going almost daily to the Afternoon Tea on Cunard and hope to continue the tradition on Princess along with the other onboard parties.

I am a foodie and I must say I enjoy the food onboard all the cruises I have been on. I only returned one entree because it did not taste right but then I quickly ordered something else and apologized. Other than that I eat what is put in front of me. Just the easy-going cruiser.

So my point is you can be 30 but enjoy Frank Sinatra, Genesis, Bee Gees , good Movies Under The Stars, dancing to Disco and attending the shows .

I will admit that having an Interior Cabin did not stop me from having fun. In fact I had so much fun on my Cunard Cruise that I did not return to the cabin until well after 1 or 2 AM. Just used the Cabin to get dressed and take a short nap other than that I was up on deck.

People get so involved with a balcony(which I would like but then I would be afraid I would be on my balcony and not enjoying the fun on deck).

I even ordered Room Service to the cabin and had fun eating foods I would not normally eat at home while watching TV.

Cruising has various mindsets and you know what I'm fine with that. I am one who has fun from Dawn till Dusk. I am never bored because I read the Platter every night and select what I want to do.

Man with all the lectures, cooking demos , eating , watching movies, swimming, working out at the gym the days are fun. That is why I count the Sea Days the more the merrier along with cool ports.

I hope to be able to bring my Mom on Princess who sadly her first and only experience was on Holland America to Alaska. I told my Mom that she does not know what a fun cruise is. I would not want to go on Holland as I feel it gets slow after 8 PM.

I would not mind taking another Cunard Cruise but that will be a World Cruise. In fact if I could just cruise until the day I die after making the good money I would. Heck why pay rent to a sleezy landlord with all these rules about no parties etc.

I would rather just stay on for many segments on a Princess or Cunard Cruise and let people serve me. The cost of the drinks onboard is very reasonable including the beverage packages. I would just purchase the Premium Beverage Package for all my cruises and forget about it.

Sounds like you got old fast, lol. :D

I avoid spring break cruises myself, expecially on Carnival.

It certainly sounds like it!:cool:

We're closer to seniors than 30, and, though we certainly aren't VIPS, we do cruise a fair bit, and we knowingly booked ourselves on a short cruise out of Fort Lauderdale during Spring Break. I guess we just roll with the punches, and can adjust our expectations depending on whether it's a 31-night Transpacific cruise or a 5-night Caribbean cruise and enjoy them both immensely.

As proof: does this man look unhappy?

blogger-image-330288663.jpg

Rule of thumb my friend....The shorter the cruise the cheaper the cruise, the younger the crowd( unless your on Seabourn or the likes). The longer the cruise, the more expensive the cruise the older the crowd. Spring break or not. Did a 2 week Caribbean cruise SMACK in the middle of Spring Break 2 years ago. Out of 3000 people, maybe 50 kids.

We're closer to seniors than 30, and, though we certainly aren't VIPS, we do cruise a fair bit, and we knowingly booked ourselves on a short cruise out of Fort Lauderdale during Spring Break. I guess we just roll with the punches, and can adjust our expectations depending on whether it's a 31-night Transpacific cruise or a 5-night Caribbean cruise and enjoy them both immensely.

As proof: does this man look unhappy?

blogger-image-330288663.jpg

Room service? With toys?

I fail to see the point of your long post. However, to specifically answer your title - just do not cruise during spring break time or take longer cruises.

DON

Nice, I enjoy evening walks on the upper decks and soft pillow talk to.

Wow, yes same here good advice, did someone from Princess marketing write that post sounds like a great sales promo to me or an ad for a dating service.

John.