For those of who you have cruise the Caribbean during March...

tikkas

We have done 2 and no problems ,,, we did have some high waves on first one, but only on departure. On 2nd we all took a dramamine and were perfectly fine. We are already booked for next march in fact! The weather was so nice and warm on day 2 when we woke up also...Have fun!

Edited by fairygirl1

We have also done two, and tentatively planning one for March 2017. Weather not a problem.

On the other hand, seas can be rough any time, anywhere. You are on a ship, it can move. If you have sea sickness issues you must be prepared anytime you are on a ship.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We have also done two, and tentatively planning one for March 2017. Weather not a problem.

On the other hand, seas can be rough any time, anywhere. You are on a ship, it can move. If you have sea sickness issues you must be prepared anytime you are on a ship.

Having just cruised the Atlantic, I am very aware of that :). I was wondering specifically about hurricane season and associated weather patterns.

Having just cruised the Atlantic, I am very aware of that :). I was wondering specifically about hurricane season and associated weather patterns.

Hurricane season in Caribbean is generally June to November.

Enjoy. Have a great time.

The "season" has NOTHING to do with the seas! In March, the actual Caribbean will be hot..bring summer clothes! You cannot predict frontal systems and winds...

Generally, tho, March is a great time to sail!

Hurricane season is late summer, early fall, not in March, so if your concern is tropical storms there is really no need to worry.

Our roughest sailings have been in December. We haven't had any rough weather in March. And even our one August cruise to the Caribbean--when the captain had to change the itinerary due to a hurricane--we had a perfectly smooth sailing. We'd never had known about the hurricane if it hadn't been on the news.

My friend and I sailed to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Key West last month and the seas were the calmest I have EVER seen them! I kept telling my friend that it isn't usually like that -- out of 12 cruises, this was the smoothest! Enjoy!

We just got back from a 8 day 7 night Cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas & St. Maarten on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas. We left on the 29th of March and back on the 5th of April. It was amazing!!!!!! Perfect weather too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We typically cruise in March. I think it's a good time to cruise the Caribbean. Make sure you go out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa or Puerto Rico. I would avoid anything involving the Atlantic at that time of year. Weather is typically good with calm seas. They may be storms, there may not be, but we have never encountered anything more than mild swells and rain and then only for a day.

We have cruised 3x in March: 2x from FL and 1x (last month) from NYC.

As mentioned, the weather and seas are not predictable. I think the only time we had rough water was our last night at sea coming back 2 weeks ago. And it was only for a few hours.

I wouldn't hesitate to cruise in March.

Edited by mizlorinj

... how have the weather and seas been? We are considering a Caribbean cruise for Easter 2016, and I'm hesitating!

Just got back -- Celebrity Summit 3/28 - 4/4. Weather was excellent. I prefer it to be warm with some cloud cover and that's what we got mostly. Only day it was really hot was in Grenada, got a brief rain shower in Saint Thomas. Would not go any later in the year though.

I cruised the Caribbean in late March/Early April a few years ago. The weather was great, but we did have enough wind one day to prevent our docking in Costa Maya. But the weather wasn't bad enough to scare me away from another early April Caribbean cruise. ;)

I'd be more worried about spring breakers than the weather, to be honest.

As you probably know, nobody can predict weather. However, it tends to be pretty hot with a little (but heavy shower) every now and then. At least, that's how I experienced it during 2 cruises in March. Bring sunscreen and apply generously. The sun 'burned' the print of my shirt onto my chest. Quite funny to see, actually :-)