guarantee cabins

delgirl

booked celebrity constellation round eastern med in august. Booked on Tuesday afternoon with guarantee oceanview cabin. Wasn't expecting a cabin no until just before we went. Had e-mail yesterday (thu) confirming booking and a oceanview stateroom 3030 given. In shock, is this a record.

booked celebrity constellation round eastern med in august. Booked on Tuesday afternoon with guarantee oceanview cabin. Wasn't expecting a cabin no until just before we went. Had e-mail yesterday (thu) confirming booking and a oceanview stateroom 3030 given. In shock, is this a record.

I booked Constellation for August on 31 March. Making the most of the 5 day sale price we plumped for an inside guarantee. Didn't think we'd get an assignment until nearer the time, but we found out on Wednesday 8th that we are on deck 8.

just a bit surprised how quick it was. Had guantee's before and not found out for ages last yr on holland america about 10days before sailing. Just wondered if this was a good thing or bad.

just a bit surprised how quick it was. Had guantee's before and not found out for ages last yr on holland america about 10days before sailing. Just wondered if this was a good thing or bad.

That's normal for Celebrity. HAL always seems to leave it to the last minute.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all we have booked an oceanview guarantee on the Millenium,just wondering if once you have been assigned a cabin is that it or could it be changed again?

We have always had a balcony and been very particular with our cabin pick and never had a guarantee before but this time we just thought we would see what happens.It's kind of exciting not knowing what room we will have.

Thanks Sharon

Hi all we have booked an oceanview guarantee on the Millenium,just wondering if once you have been assigned a cabin is that it or could it be changed again?

We have always had a balcony and been very particular with our cabin pick and never had a guarantee before but this time we just thought we would see what happens.It's kind of exciting not knowing what room we will have.

Thanks Sharon

Our one time on Celebrity we got talked into a GTY Concierage by a slick T. A. A few days later we got word of a cabin assignment. Not a desirable cabin IMHO. So I called TA, got him to change it. It took a bit of convincing, he knew nothing of the ship, just wanted to build sales volume. So, two lessons for me. 1- Don't use that TA, and 2- there is nothing that cannot be fixed.

Since then and forevermore I'll select our cabin and not rely on Celebrity's flexibility. But they did right by me.

I booked a guarantee Aqua two weeks ago for August 1 cruise. Final payment is due 23rd May. I am paying next week as soon as my credit card cycle ends and hope that initiates an allocation.

Our one time on Celebrity we got talked into a GTY Concierage by a slick T. A. A few days later we got word of a cabin assignment. Not a desirable cabin IMHO. So I called TA, got him to change it. It took a bit of convincing, he knew nothing of the ship, just wanted to build sales volume. So, two lessons for me. 1- Don't use that TA, and 2- there is nothing that cannot be fixed.

Since then and forevermore I'll select our cabin and not rely on Celebrity's flexibility. But they did right by me.

We are pretty happy with our TA,and considering we didn't think we would be cruising this year I think we will be happy wherever we are put.Thanks for the input.

Did GTY balcony last year and got assigned C2 Concierge midship. No complaints here, but I'm sure it's win some, lose some. My thinking is that if GTY is a big savings it pays to consider, unless you are particular and will only stay in a certain cabin type. Just get me aboard and I'll have a good time if I have to sleep on a lounge chair.

With the cabin already assigned you now have some options. If there are other cabins available in the same cat you can request for a change. You can also cancel or upgrade to choose something better if you like.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

To passengers booking with a UK travel agent, note that you are not able to change a guarantee cabin once assigned. This happened to us recently, whereby we advised the TA if we had booked in the US, that we could have requested a change, they contacted Celebrity, with no luck. We emailed the "concerns" celebrity email address, and also spoke with Celebrity Captains Club, however all the answers were that the terms and conditions when booking in the UK are different, and do not allow changes once the cabin has been assigned. We were trying to change from a 2B to another 2B, no change of category. The reason we booked this cruise in the UK was that the UK agents had better deals, however we are now aware of this rule in future if we consider a guarantee cabin booking in the UK.

Can someone explain where and when GTY's become available? We book FAR in advance so have never had the opportunity but might try this at some point in the future (retired, live in FL).

Are they available on the X website or do you have to call and inquire? Do you have to go through a TA? Thanks.

Usually when a cruise is not selling well, or shortly before or after final payment is due.

Available wherever you check for pricing. ;)

Not a record. we have booked a GTY before and been assigned right away!

Edited by Iamthesea

To passengers booking with a UK travel agent, note that you are not able to change a guarantee cabin once assigned. This happened to us recently, whereby we advised the TA if we had booked in the US, that we could have requested a change, they contacted Celebrity, with no luck. We emailed the "concerns" celebrity email address, and also spoke with Celebrity Captains Club, however all the answers were that the terms and conditions when booking in the UK are different, and do not allow changes once the cabin has been assigned. We were trying to change from a 2B to another 2B, no change of category. The reason we booked this cruise in the UK was that the UK agents had better deals, however we are now aware of this rule in future if we consider a guarantee cabin booking in the UK.

You are correct: no changes once allocated in the UK. Which is one reason why I won't book a guarantee in the UK, and why I take into consideration 'all' the factors when deciding which side of the pond to book. Sometimes the UK does have better deals, however when I take into account the extra OBC offered by my US TA, the UK doesn't often win ;). Much depends sometimes if you're reserving a 'package' or 'cruise only' deal.

I so agree with Guernseycruiser! Last month we had exactly the same experience with a Celebrity gtd. balcony through a UK travel agent. Celebrity will not allow us a change of cabin in the same category and also would not allow us to upgrade our cabin without losing our deposit. I also spoke to the UK Captains Club (Elite + member) but was informed that our CC level was irrelevant and the selection of gtd. cabins was generated by computer! Seems there are different rules when booking through a UK T/A. Celebrity UK seems less flexible than Miami........Lessons learned!!

You are correct: no changes once allocated in the UK. Which is one reason why I won't book a guarantee in the UK, and why I take into consideration 'all' the factors when deciding which side of the pond to book. Sometimes the UK does have better deals, however when I take into account the extra OBC offered by my US TA, the UK doesn't often win ;). Much depends sometimes if you're reserving a 'package' or 'cruise only' deal.

I agree, we feel far more valued by our U.S. TA[emoji3]

I so agree with Guernseycruiser! Last month we had exactly the same experience with a Celebrity gtd. balcony through a UK travel agent. Celebrity will not allow us a change of cabin in the same category and also would not allow us to upgrade our cabin without losing our deposit. I also spoke to the UK Captains Club (Elite + member) but was informed that our CC level was irrelevant and the selection of gtd. cabins was generated by computer! Seems there are different rules when booking through a UK T/A. Celebrity UK seems less flexible than Miami........Lessons learned!!

I've also heard assignment is generated by computer. It is possible to override this but it does seem to be more a matter of luck than CC status. Indeed there is a theory that first timers are more likely to be upgraded than those of us who are already 'hooked' !

I've also heard assignment is generated by computer. It is possible to override this but it does seem to be more a matter of luck than CC status. Indeed there is a theory that first timers are more likely to be upgraded than those of us who are already 'hooked' !

Your theory may be correct [emoji3]but why is Celebrity so inconsistent in applying their "rules" On a previous cruise booked through a different TA we were able to upgrade our cabin after final payment date by paying a supplement without penalty or loss of deposit.

Your theory may be correct [emoji3]but why is Celebrity so inconsistent in applying their "rules" On a previous cruise booked through a different TA we were able to upgrade our cabin after final payment date by paying a supplement without penalty or loss of deposit.

I totally agree, peyroutous. We just want the rules to be consistent, no matter which country you book with. After being allocated a guarantee cabin, and not being able to move within the category, we ended up paying a supplement to be upgraded. At first we were told this was not allowed, however our TA pursued our request with Celebrity, they relented and did accept the extra money from us to upgrade. There were no perks attached to the booking.