Concerned how Azamara treat loyal customers

lizboyle

hi - we are the people who robin (elbon) is referring to who have recently stayed in 8018. we had very little noise from above and had no problem whatsoever with the cabin, in fact robin who was in a suite experienced a lot more noise than we did !!!. enjoy it . nick and Cheryl

so very true.. noise is from the track -people running wake many of us up.. i am moving back on some other cruises to test that out.

Edited by ellbon

Thank you for your most gracious reply Uktog. Like I said, the exact same product is on my TA's website, free flights as well, cheaper than what we paid. Fair do. I get that prices can fluctuate either way. What baffles me is the difference in price and the reason for it. It's not as if I'm not prepared to pay for an upgrade, but I guess rules are rules, as crazy as they may be!

Sometimes these price fluctuations do appear baffling.

We had a similar issue when we wanted to upgrade our flights. I emailed Ruchard Twynam, UK MD of Azamara who sorted things out for us quickly. (We had also booked that cruise via a TA). Possibly he could assist you too

hi - we are the people who robin (elbon) is referring to who have recently stayed in 8018. we had very little noise from above and had no problem whatsoever with the cabin, in fact robin who was in a suite experienced a lot more noise than we did !!!. enjoy it . nick and Cheryl

Thank you so much Cheryl and Nick. That's very reassuring.

Right.

Now, maybe you should have titled the thread "Booked a GTY and have a question about my cabin" rather than giving an inflammatory title that leads people to believe Azamara doesn't treat its loyal customers well. This business of generalizing one person's possible issue (and there was no issue in this case) and making it sound like it applies to everyone grows old here on Cruise Critic.

I really don't appreciate being spoken to like a naughty school kid. After I posted, I did try to edit the title, but alas, this was not available. It was never my intention to post anything inflammatory about Azamara. I am full of praise for their product, and have mentioned this. IMO, I did see this as a "possible issue", thankfully my fears have been allayed by the lovely posts of people who have stayed in this cabin. Thank you, have a nice day!

I really don't appreciate being spoken to like a naughty school kid. After I posted, I did try to edit the title, but alas, this was not available. It was never my intention to post anything inflammatory about Azamara. I am full of praise for their product, and have mentioned this. IMO, I did see this as a "possible issue", thankfully my fears have been allayed by the lovely posts of people who have stayed in this cabin. Thank you, have a nice day!

Good on you lizboyle for your civil response to several of the posts on this thread. The high road is always the best road.

The way to do this is to click on the red triangle on your first post to send a message to the Host, then ask to have the thread title changed. Only the Host can do it, and only if the OP asks.

Booking a GTY cabin has its risks. I have done it twice on Azamara. I got the booked category. I was happy with both assigned cabins. They were not in the best locations. I did save money. I also discovered that cabins forward of the elevators are very quiet. There is not much traffic. In fact, it was much quieter than when I booked a midship cabin. I have been in cabins under the pool deck. There may be noise if they are moving chairs or having a deck party. On white night, you will have noise. Go to the party and enjoy. Relax and enjoy your cruise. If cabin location is very important to you, do not book a GTY.