Golden Drydock

meh56

Maybe going to LA was to test

out everything?

If there was problems they were close to LA or SF to

dock and fix. Who knows.

Just an idea. Who knows why they do things

that don't make sense to us! lol

Because of the schedule? My question was why would they move the ship from San Francisco to LA. Why not just schedule a cruise out of San Francisco doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it cost money fuel to get from San Francisco to LA.

Maybe they had too many award points and received free fuel.

Will certainly look forward to seeing some photos. Cruising on Golden Princess November 2015 Australia/New Zealand.Makeover sounds great. First time on this princess ship.:)

Edited by oscar0645

Will certainly look forward to seeing some photos. Cruising on Golden Princess November 2015 Australia/New Zealand.Makeover sounds great. First time on this princess ship.:)

We just did the short 3 day to Ensenada last month. I thought she looked good for her age. It'll be interesting to see what cosmetic improvements they make.....:):):)

Bob

We just did the short 3 day to Ensenada last month. I thought she looked good for her age. It'll be interesting to see what cosmetic improvements they make.....:):):)

Bob

Any photos of the new/improved Horizon Court yet? I guess they won't surface until the current passengers disembark.

We board the Golden on Saturday.

B

:)Hi everyone,

This is just in answer to some of your queries about where Golden Princess is sailing to and from in the 2015/2016 season.

I am very happy to say that she will be heading my way to Australia and sailing from Melbourne filling in for the Dawn Princess whilst she is sailing out of Fremantle and Sydney.

The Golden Princess will be sailing mainly to and from New Zealand and to Tasmania, she may also be sailing around Australia, not sure about that.

If you haven't been our way, please come and see us.

The Golden really does need the buffet upgrade. I don't know if it was the last ship to have it, but I was on her in January, and I really missed the new layout with the separate dessert station.

Crown Princess doesn't have the new layout either...she is supposed to be getting the Horizon Court upgrade while she's in dry dock (where she currently is) in Victoria.

You are going to have a great time. Now that they are modifying the dinky buffet, the biggest drawback to the Golden (IMO) will be fixed.

Now if they could just cram a Thermal Suite into the spa area, she'd be perfect!

I took some photos that show a section on the top deck torn up and that's the remodeling of the buffet.

While the debris on the pool deck could certainly be from the Horizon Court remodel, the buffet is actually located further aft, more under the funnel...given the glazed windows, you can't tell what's going on in there...

Edited by bdjam

It appears we're losing the Golden for good... Australia and Asia... :mad:

I'm hating the fact that the original Grand Class sisters are going to Australia and Asia. I know, I know, everybody will say that we've got Grand and Star and the big girls Ruby and Crown. I don't like the big girls and while Grand and Star are fine, it would be nice to have a little variety. It also is kind of sucky that these ships get upgrades for the Asian market, the same innovations aren't provided for the ships staying here - even in a more North American style.

Now if they would send back a Sun Class ship or two, I'd be happy.

Edited by bdjam

I'm hating the fact that the original Grand Class sisters are going to Australia and Asia. I know, I know, everybody will say that we've got Grand and Star and the big girls Ruby and Crown. I don't like the big girls and while Grand and Star are fine, it would be nice to have a little variety. Now if they would send back a Sun Class ship or two, I'd be happy.

Apparently, we're losing the Crown as well ... back to the Caribbean for her...

It appears we're losing the Golden for good... Australia and Asia... :mad:

We are happy little vegemites that we finally getting some nicer ships.

I think the three Sun classes Princess runs a lot of longer cruises out of Australia that get well booked. Might be all to do with supply and demand at the moment and maybe they getting better yields in Australia/and or Asia.

:):) Hi,

In answer to your post about losing the Golden Princess to Australia, she is only on loan to Oz cruisers. It has been said in Australia that we only get the older ships ie Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel and of course the sister ships of the Sea, Sun and Dawn Princesses. Now that we are fast catching up with the rest of the world of cruise enthusiasts they decided that we needed some extra help, I originally came out to Australia on the SS Strathaird, so you can see that we are slowly catching up. We are such an untapped market down under we are even enticing the younger generations to go cruising which is fantastic.

Don't worry we will do our very best to look after her for you, you could even come down under and see the beauty of Australia, the Pacific Islands and of course the very beautiful New Zealand.

:):) Hi,

In answer to your post about losing the Golden Princess to Australia, she is only on loan to Oz cruisers.

If there are changes being made to the interior to suit the Australian and Asian markets, then I don't think she's coming back.

:):)Hi again.

If you would like to know more about her sailing schedule in Australia, I have just checked on the Port of Melbourne Corporation Web Page (under Cruise Ship Schedule), they have her docking in the Port of Melbourne right through to season 2018/19. She will be stationed out of Melbourne which has really great access to the Pier by tram and train services. I guess they are very hopeful of a really good cruising experience for all of us down under.

:):)Hi again,

I have been doing some more delving.

It appears that the Golden Princess will only be in Oz waters for our summer seasons only, commencing late October 2015.

I have looked into the 2014/2016 Princess Cruise Schedules for Australia & Asia. It appears the the Golden Princess is cruising from Melbourne and Sydney on a 30 night cruise back to LA on 17th April 2016 and not returning until the next season in Oz in November 2016. I don't have any schedules for where she sails when she returns back to LA for their summer season.

Princess have just recently announced their 2017 season schedules but they haven't released their new brochures yet.

You certainly have been doing some research.

I am sailing on golden in November (NZ/Melbourne 2 week tour).

Have been to Melbourne on Diamond on way to Thailand last year. It is nice to have another ship added to the Australian fleet for part of the year. I guess sales are looking up down under. I read somewhere recently that Emerald was being introduced to OZ/NZ and Pacific for part of the year. That is even better.

It seems CCL is shuffling a lot of ships around the world. Makes me kind of wonder what is it they are planning on? Definitely has peaked my interest! Almost feels like they are playing Chess. :rolleyes:

Its a good thing that we will be on the Golden this August for my birthday! We took our very first long cruise on her a few years ago. That's why we chose her again! :D