bringing wine to dinner

hammo

We will be bringing 2 bottles of champagne onboard , and then pay the corkage for 2 extra bottles when we embark . Am I right in assuming we can take a bottle to dinner at the MDR or specialty restaurant and have that served there?

I know los of passengers just keep a wine glass in there cabin, fill it up as the leave and enter the dining room with it

Yep plenty do that, and if that one glass will get you through diner why not.

Its vacation.

That's my attitude too but

Some watch the pennies because

1. That's the only way they can afford it in the first place

2. So they can do it more frequently

3. Because that's who they are

And there is nothing wrong with any of those reasons.

There are probably other reasons too.

The two bottles that you paid corkage fee on will be marked on embarkation by the staff. Save those bottles to bring to the DR or any other public lounge without any questions or issues. Use the unmarked bottles in your cabin.

We have never been charged a corkage fee in the dinning rooms. Be nice to your waiter and he or she might not charge you. We have brought bottles at least once a trip. Maybe just lucky, if they charge us its fine with us as thats the rules.

The two bottles that you paid corkage fee on will be marked on embarkation by the staff. Save those bottles to bring to the DR or any other public lounge without any questions or issues. Use the unmarked bottles in your cabin.

Thanks for the info - that was what I thought , so the clarification is appreciated.:)

We have brought on many bottles of wine so we can enjoy a really nice bottle which is less expensive even paying the corkage. We have always been charged the corkage in the dining rooms if the bottles were not marked. We have found the wine selection at sea to be much less than at our local restaurants. We are happy to pay the corkage so we can drink our favorites :-)

We have brought on many bottles of wine so we can enjoy a really nice bottle which is less expensive even paying the corkage. We have always been charged the corkage in the dining rooms if the bottles were not marked. We have found the wine selection at sea to be much less than at our local restaurants. We are happy to pay the corkage so we can drink our favorites :-)
We have brought our own bottle to dinner from one to five times during six cruises and have had to pay corkage for every bottle. One night our waiter didn't charge us corkage. The next evening she apologized and asked us to sign for the last night's corkage. I was glad to pay the corkage to be able to bring on board wine we like. I think part of the reason they tightened up the wine policy and started charging corkage when you board is because waiters were not charging some people corkage in hopes of getting a better tip.

Waiters not charging the corkage fee did get themselves a better tip from us. In our experience, it was a few years ago that the waiters started charging the corkage fee consistently. Up until that time, we usually got charged the first night and then not again. I think it helped that we like to have traditional dining with the same waiters every night.

Waiters not charging the corkage fee did get themselves a better tip from us. In our experience, it was a few years ago that the waiters started charging the corkage fee consistently. Up until that time, we usually got charged the first night and then not again. I think it helped that we like to have traditional dining with the same waiters every night.
We had TD on a 14 day Hawaiian cruise in 2009 and brought five bottles of wine to dinner during the cruise. We were charged corkage for all five, but I was glad to pay because these were nice wines from a local winery. That was our first time bringing wine on board.