Should we expect bad service from FLL pier agents ?

Since "most, if not all of the pier agents will be losing their jobs on May 31st" should we expect bad service from the pier agents since they know its their last month for the company or do you think service provided will be kept at the same level?

DSC-4861.JPG

Like anytime an outsourcing happens there will be disgruntled agents, but I'd like to think most will still continue to be helpful. I feel very bad for them and think Royal has made a VERY bad move with this. The new agents will be paid far less than current ones, have less benefits and no travel perks. You are going to get Walmart cashier level staff.

I imagine there will be a few hiccups if there are a lot of new agents trying to learn their new jobs, but I doubt it will make much difference in the process at all ...

Now, whether or not Royal should have made this move, is another matter!

Not employed directly, but employed by a subsidiary or subcontractor. The cruise lines choose to find the lowest cost.

Longshoremen and port agents are independent of the cruise lines.

David

P.S. You can program a computer or a monkey to check you in......when you have a problem, can they find a quick solution?

Let's see, half the pay, less benefits, now assigned boarding times, disgusted employees, new employees and a computer system that work sometimes. I think you get what you pay for. Customer service is out the window here!!!!!!!!!!!! Expect longer boarding times, oh wait thats already happening......................................RADICAL NO FLAME THROWERS PLEASE

The pier agents will be angels compared to the super slow service from Customs and Immigration at Port Everglades. OMG, try to get thru a line with a few thousand people with 3 agents (if that!) working.

That's because the government agencies doesn't staff it properly. At least, they aren't losing their jobs, like the pier agents. I have experienced C and I lines at PE. Last fall when the Oasis TA came in. What an ordeal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who employs them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently all South Florida pier agents are RCL employees. In June 1, all turnaround operations (meet and greet) will be done by Intercruises, which if you been in any other outside Miami and FLL, port like Bayonne, Barcelona, Sydney you probably has been checked in by one of the Intercruises agent.

I feel should not be any differences with the change other than those employees loosing their cruising perks.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a cruise with a former RCL Port Everglades pier employee and he said that the reason RCL changed companies was because they did not want to offer cruise benefits to the pier employees any longer. Most of them are part-time and get great cruise benefits. Now they will earn more hourly but no cruise benefits.

Unfortunately this happens all the time.

I was on a cruise with a former RCL Port Everglades pier employee and he said that the reason RCL changed companies was because they did not want to offer cruise benefits to the pier employees any longer. Most of them are part-time and get great cruise benefits. Now they will earn more hourly but no cruise benefits.

Unfortunately this happens all the time.

That is a shame, that was going to be my retirement dream job. Work a little, cruise a little, repeat.