non-stops from what cities in Texas to Copenhagen?

Kellie in Texas

We are not frequent fliers and have never flown overseas, but we've got a cruise booked for next year (2016) from Copenhagen, so I guess I'd better figure this out.

What airports in Texas have non-stop flights to Copenhagen? I think United has non-stops from Houston Intercontinental; anything from DFW or San Antonio? Thanks!

We are not frequent fliers and have never flown overseas, but we've got a cruise booked for next year (2016) from Copenhagen, so I guess I'd better figure this out.

What airports in Texas have non-stop flights to Copenhagen? I think United has non-stops from Houston Intercontinental; anything from DFW or San Antonio? Thanks!

You can use Ita Matrix: https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to search for multiple departure airports at a time.

I just ran the search for non-stop flights from IAH, AUS and DFW to CPH and found... none. Plenty of 1-stop options however :).

Delta is the only USA carrier flying to CPH (from JFK) and that's seasonal. You will have to connect. Besides ITA Matrix, another good resource is the Wikipedia article for the airport of interest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Airport All the airlines and routes are listed about halfway down. Or, go onto the airport's website.

None.

Your profile says you are in Austin, your easiest is the nonstop from Austin to London on British Airways then from London to Copenhagen. You can also go via DFW on a combo of American/British Airways or via Houston on a combo of United and Lufthansa or SAS (with Lufthansa you connect in FRA and in AMS with SAS) (You can also ride Lufthansa all the way there and back from Houston if you would like.)////You can also do the British Airways via London from Houston as well, but makes not much sense with the direct flight from Austin.

AUS-LHR-CPH is definitely a good route.

I would also look at United.com which partners with SAS (the main Scandinavian airline), which would likely route you along the lines of AUS-Chicago-CPH or AUS-Newark-CPH, which would be pretty easy.

We are not frequent fliers and have never flown overseas....

Non-stop, transatlantic flights generally go to/from an airline's hub city. Houston (IAH) is a hub for United and Dallas (DFW) is a hub for American, so yes- there are non-stop flights to various European cities out of both cities. Unfortunately, Copenhagen isn't a "major" city in Europe so neither airline offers non-stop flights to CPH. San Antonio is not a hub city for any airline, so you're not likely to find any transatlantic flights at all out of SAT.

SAS is a Scandinavian airline with a major hub in Copenhagen, but they don't offer non-stop service from CPH to anywhere in Texas.

As others have explained, you have lots of options though with just 1 connection using any of the above in conjunction with their various alliance partners.

Make sure you do a couple of things....

Connections at FRA, LHR and CDG in particular need to be "generous." I've connected in all of the major European airports and these three in particular, especially for the novice can be daunting.

If you connect within the lower 48 also pad your connection time.

Think about your connecting city. If you want to sleep on the flight then book the farthest city possible. The majority of the flights are overnight and you will get more rest on a longer flight.

Fly in a few days early to acclimate to the time change and to enjoy Copenhagen. It's a great city with a good metro, easy walking and so much to see and do. Just watch out for the bikes and the dedicated bike lanes and you will have a great time.

SAS flies out of an old terminal at CDG and the gates are exceedingly far from the terminal. We flew SAS last May from CPH to CDG and its a perfectly fine airline. Announcements are also made in English.

If you are tempted to use a cruise air program come back here before you book. You can check itineraries online even before booking a cruise.

Thanks for all the replies! It helps to know that "Texas-to-Copenhagen" non-stop doesn't exist (at least not currently). Family member flew in March from Austin to Copenhagen -- Austin to Houston, Houston to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Copenhagen on a United/SAS combo.

The Austin-London-Copenhagen route looks possible, but I've heard nightmares about London. Guess we'd need to have plenty of time on that layover.

I will definitely check out the Choice Air options closer to time.

Thanks again!

Alcpa1 mentioned going a few days early; that won't be possible as we are taking youngest son out of school (8th grade) a couple of days early as it is. But we are going to try and stay 2-3 days in Copenhagen after the cruise. Everyone I know who has been there says it is one of their favorite cities to visit.

Alcpa1 mentioned going a few days early; that won't be possible as we are taking youngest son out of school (8th grade) a couple of days early as it is. But we are going to try and stay 2-3 days in Copenhagen after the cruise. Everyone I know who has been there says it is one of their favorite cities to visit.

PLEASE DO NOT fly in the day of your cruise even if it means taking your child out of school for a couple more days (it won't hurt him, believe me).

Miss a connection or have a late plane and you well could miss your cruise.

And please be VERY careful what you are buying on Choice Air. While the airline, flight time, seating, etc. etc., may all look the same, if the price is considerably lower than what you see on the airline, you are generally NOT getting the same ticket as you would if purchased direct from the airline.

You may end up with a NON ENDORSABLE ticket (NO GOOD on another airline even if the other airline is the ONLY way to get you to the cruise on time) or a NON REROUTABLE ticket which means you MUST take the ORIGINAL routing on the ORIGINAL airline. They may not have seats for you for a couple of days.

PLEASE read the sticky at the top of this forum. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE you purchase your tickets.

We are all here to help get you the best VALUE for the money with connections that work.

Enjoy your cruise.

@Greatam, we never fly in the same day as the cruise. Even a couple of years ago when we cruised Carnival from Galveston, which is about a three-hour drive from here, we drove down the day before. Definitely not going to take a chance with that! And I understand what you're saying about Choice Air.

Our cruise leaves on a Sunday, so I'm planning on flying Friday afternoon/ evening, which would put us in Copenhagen on Saturday morning some time. One night in a cheap (?) hotel and then to the cruise on Sunday.

You can also check out the Delta/Air France partnership out of IAH to CDG to CPH. I have done the AF flight from there to CDG a few times. CDG on Delta/AF isn't a horror story anymore, with the nice T2E/F area, IMHO. I

One night in a cheap (?) hotel and then to the cruise on Sunday.

Clearly this is your first trip to Scandinavia ;)

Good luck finding something cheap! "Cheap" in Denmark and "cheap" in the USA are definitely different definitions.

There is nothing cheap in Copenhagen. We would buy our dinner in a Chinese take out container form a street cart in the Stroget. Had salads at McD's, bought breakfast at bakeries and even ate one night in the train station. When you go to Nyhavn for a canal cruise, go to your right - the boat was much less expensive and you see the same sights. We went to grocery stores (Irma, Netto) for some items for our room.

Clearly this is your first trip to Scandinavia ;)

Good luck finding something cheap! "Cheap" in Denmark and "cheap" in the USA are definitely different definitions.

Yes, the taxes are incredible. Pretty place, but I wouldn't have a week's vacation there; just too expensive!

There is nothing cheap in Copenhagen. We would buy our dinner in a Chinese take out container form a street cart in the Stroget. Had salads at McD's, bought breakfast at bakeries and even ate one night in the train station. When you go to Nyhavn for a canal cruise, go to your right - the boat was much less expensive and you see the same sights. We went to grocery stores (Irma, Netto) for some items for our room.

What???? You chose Mickey D's over Noma????? ;)

Scandinavia on the whole is expensive.

We took a direct flight from Chicago ( ORD) to Copenhagen ((CPH) on SAS. It was a codeshare and we got points on our Mileage Plus accounts with United. Very pleasant flight , on time , good food . Copenhagen is an excellent city for families. It expensive , but picnicking in one of the many parks is a fun option.

We liked the Scandic Front Hotel ... They offer a second room for kids with 50% off . Nice location in Nyhaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you do a couple of things....

Connections at FRA, LHR and CDG in particular need to be "generous." I've connected in all of the major European airports and these three in particular, especially for the novice can be daunting.

Might have to change planes in LHR later this year. What would you consider a 'generous' time for that airport? I'm looking at a combo with 2 1/2 hrs between flights. Just wondering if that is enough, esp if my incoming is late.

Might have to change planes in LHR later this year. What would you consider a 'generous' time for that airport? I'm looking at a combo with 2 1/2 hrs between flights. Just wondering if that is enough, esp if my incoming is late.

Which airlines/routes? Are you on separate tickets? What time of day and what day of the week? All of these things can affect advice greatly.

Personally I think the scare stories about Heathrow are hugely exaggerated. There are a number of large US airports that are far worse to connect through.

Which airlines/routes? Are you on separate tickets? What time of day and what day of the week? All of these things can affect advice greatly.

Personally I think the scare stories about Heathrow are hugely exaggerated. There are a number of large US airports that are far worse to connect through.

BA from JFK and then onto ZRH. It will be one through ticket and we'll be arriving at LHR on a Sunday morning

And I agree with you about some US airports, esp if you are going from a domestic flight to an international flight.