Navigator Ice Skates

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the rental ice skates? Are the blades nice and sharp? I have my own skates but they are VERY tight and hurt my feet and I haven't skated in years. Not sure if I should waste the space for the skates and the pain to have good sharp skates or just use the cruise skates. Anyone out there with any experience on this. We leave sunday for NOS cruise.

Teanne

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the rental ice skates? Are the blades nice and sharp? I have my own skates but they are VERY tight and hurt my feet and I haven't skated in years. Not sure if I should waste the space for the skates and the pain to have good sharp skates or just use the cruise skates. Anyone out there with any experience on this. We leave sunday for NOS cruise.

Teanne

No they are not sharp. My daughter lasted about 5 minutes and gave up on those. She wished that she had brought her own.

The ice rinks is tiny...about 1/4 the size of a real rink..not worth bringing your own skates...honestly...what they provide is fine for the 20 mins. you might be using them.

Edited by cb at sea

We used the skates on Freedom and had a lot of fun. Skated about an hour each time.

You aren't supposed to do tricks or anything fancy at all (you will be on the ice with absolute, utter, beginners and NEED to respect that they are there), so what would you need sharp skate blades for? The experience of skating while at sea is seriously cool (and gave us even more respect for the ice show skaters).

Three of my grandkids had a lot of fun on the Oasis. They are young, ages 6, 8 and 11. They skate and play hockey at home and skated on the ship strictly for fun. Rink is very small and was limited to 50 people per session. You could sign up for more than one consecutive session. Had a great time and skates were not that bad. Long pants, socks, helmets, pads required. Personally would also recommend a long sleeved shirt and possibly thin (like the cheap stretchy kind) gloves.