Exclusive Cozumel Sailing $1200

This can't be right, can it?

A 4 hour shore excursion that costs more than the 7 day cruise?:confused:

You're not giving us much in the line of the details of the shorex. Does it serve caviar and expensive champagne on pure gold plating with the King of Burandi in attendance?

Hard to say why when no details are given.

But you get guacamole and chips - so worth it - lol!!! It says $1199 per adult and child, but the infants are free. Can't wait to visit Cozumel again - I'll be on the look out for this catamaran, from the cheap seats

I see your $1,200 and raise you $2,000. This is one of the ones that came up in my Cruise Planner for one of my trips...MUCH more than several of my sailings combined.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=STD4&DestinationCode=

NOT that this makes them cheap...............but that's a total price, not a per person price.

:eek:

You are renting a catamaran for private use for 4 hours.ie only people with you can go.

If you take a party of 10 that works out $120 each. If you can fit 15 people then it's $80 each. I have also seen several excursions far more expensive than this.

But you get guacamole and chips - so worth it - lol!!! It says $1199 per adult and child, but the infants are free. Can't wait to visit Cozumel again - I'll be on the look out for this catamaran, from the cheap seats

Some prices quote per person but are actually per item. Just like if you look at pricing of a cabana at labadee. It shows a per person price but you only pay for one person.

Just spent 20+ minutes on the phone with royal and after two transfers and a long hold while thing two talked to his supervisor, the answer is this is the price per person, not for the vessel!:eek:

Yes, I know, they are notoriously incorrect on the website and at customer non-service, but this is just crazy!

Just spent 20+ minutes on the phone with royal and after two transfers and a long hold while thing two talked to his supervisor, the answer is this is the price per person, not for the vessel!:eek:

Yes, I know, they are notoriously incorrect on the website and at customer non-service, but this is just crazy!

you could probably buy your own boat for that price (if you wanted to take a family :rolleyes: )

I suspect they read the pricing that shows adult/child price. The reason I say this is RC agents only have the exact same info we see. Excursion department is contracted out, and when we had an issue last year with excursion RC told us to wait until we were onboard so we could actually get accurate information:rolleyes:.

The other reason I say this is if you research boat rentals for caribbean, 35 ft catamarans run at $300 per hour. Given this is a 4 hour trip that calculates to $1200;)

I might be wrong, but given wording is private for you and friends, why would they risk only two people booking when it comfortably holds 20? And if others booked on same catamaran you would want a refund as it is no longer private:confused: Given description refers to family and friends, to me it is worded booking is for a private lunch party for a group, not an individual.

I am with Merion Mom this is a total price not individual price.

Edited by Spurschick

All I see is a blank centre page with the RC logo and search for a cruise options. What ship, and date is it?

Destination: Caribbean

Port/City: Cozumel, Mexico

Activity Type:

Active Adventures

Approximate Duration:

4 hour(s)

Prices starting from:

*1,199.00 USD (Adult)

*1,199.00 USD (Child)

*0.00 USD (Infant)

cor_shoreexcursions_hdr2.gif Exclusive Cozumel Sailing - CZ2K

Escape the crowds aboard a new catamaran exclusively for your family and friends and set sail to the clear Caribbean waters for an unforgettable adventure.

Ready to reserve this excursion?

cor_findcruisesthatfeatthis.gif

s.gif

s.gif

Sit back, relax and set sail on a tour that introduces you to Cozumel, and its fascinating marine world. As you step onto a 35-foot private catamaran, the Captain and first mate will greet you and treat you to a demonstration of sailing techniques. You’ll sail past Downtown Cozumel and munch on a scrumptious lunch onboard. Enter the National Marine Park Reserve for plenty of opportunities to swim, paddle board and snorkel.

Highlights:

• Private Sailing: Set sail on the clear Caribbean waters and enjoy magnificent views of Downtown Cozumel.

• Lunch: Enjoy a deli lunch that includes fruit, cheese, guacamole, chips and fish ceviche.

• Refreshments: Cool off with a refreshing soft drink, beer, or a bottle of white wine.

What to Bring:

• SeaPass card and photo identification

• Camera

• Sun protection

• Cash/credit cards

• Change of Clothes

• Towel from ship

• Reef shoes

What to Wear:

• Hat and sunglasses

• Sandals

• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing

Important Notes:

• Light winds may result in the use of the motor instead of sails.

• Snorkel and Spinnaker activity depend on the weather.

• Complete snorkel equipment is provided.

• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.

• Guests must be of legal age in order to drink alcohol

Ready to reserve this excursion?

Edited by cruisevv

It's about time we all appreciate the fact that Royal Caribbean Management is finally listening to us. Everyone has been complaining that there is no longer a "Wow" factor to Royal Caribbean. Well..... there is now!

$1900 for a 4 hour sail.....WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

See... the "WOW" factor is back! :)

I am sure since it is a "private sailing" it is for renting the entire ship and crew. This would be about the going rate to rent a boat. But if it is per person that is definitely a "WHAT. are you crazy!" It does not say what the limit is but if you had about 20 people that is $60 a person. Not too bad

Here's one from my upcoming cruise. This is a day trip from St. Thomas to Jost Van Dyke, and costs over $3200. Those better be some good rum drinks...

OVERVIEW

Depart St. Thomas with your own private boat and crew and escape to Jost Van Dyke, a pearl amongst the British Virgin Islands. Visit the unspoiled and unique White Bay for swimming and leisure time. Relax on the luxuriously soft, white sandy beach lined with restaurants. Then head to St. John to snorkel in the turquoise waters of a protected cove. Sip rum drinks, soda or beer on the way back. STD4

From*$3,205.75USD Adult$3,205.75USD Child

This is entertaining to read. I never book trips through the ship. I have been to Cozumel many times and normally setup a private sailing trip with Cozumel sailing. Last time I think there were 5 of us on the boat....it is $90 per person and is 7 hours. Includes food and alcoholic drinks. Check them out....its a much better value.

I haven't booked this specific excursion, but I have had friends that have booked similar. It does typically say per person, but it is for the entire ship/crew and is only one billing. I think if you go through to book, it will come up with that information vs. trying to bill individually. They would probably sell it more often if they clarified in the description.

I don't know if it was the exact same one or not but 8 of us did this in Coz a few years back. For $150ish each it was unlimited drinks(The normal rum punch, beer, water, juice, etc.), lunch, and a couple of snorkel stops. The $1200 amount is the entire 4 hour time and only one person in the group books it. On the ship, in the room, there were tickets in an envelope. I don't recall how many there were but more than a couple left over and don't know if you could get more.

So like others said if you can get around 10 people the value really isn't bad. It just seems like a big cost right away

The other one posted for $3200 doesn't seem like a great deal unless you can have more than the 6 max

Edited by chadbeck