Most traveled event on Crown in Alaska

CruzinNoony

I'm wondering if they will have a luncheon or a cocktail party on the Crown doing the round trip out of Seattle. On previous Alaska cruises, we have had both and am wondering which it will be this time. I sure would appreciate someone who will be sailing on the Crown to comment.:)

Our only MTP events were in Alaska & all 3 were cocktail parties...the Golden roundtrip Seattle & a b2b roundtrip from Vancouver on the Coral.

Based on what I've read, that's common on the port intensive Alaskan cruises & hopefully you'll get a lunch on newly refreshed Crown. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It all depends on the Captain. When I sailed on the Coral in Alaska, I was a new Platinum member and got invited to the luncheon and was actually seated at the Captain's table. (THAT was a surprise!)

You are far more likely to be invited to the Most Traveled on an Alaskan cruise or one out of Houston than other itineraries. :) I'm pretty sure that whatever the Captain decides, you'll be invited. See you in December!

My friend (and I) was invited to the Most Traveled Cocktail Party on a 7-night Alaska cruise out of Seattle a couple of years ago on Golden Princess. It was held in Skywalkers and was actually quite fun. Great food... great drinks.

It all depends on the Captain. When I sailed on the Coral in Alaska, I was a new Platinum member and got invited to the luncheon and was actually seated at the Captain's table. (THAT was a surprise!)

You are far more likely to be invited to the Most Traveled on an Alaskan cruise or one out of Houston than other itineraries. :) I'm pretty sure that whatever the Captain decides, you'll be invited. See you in December!

Hi Pam, Our captain will be Fabrizio Maresco. I sure hope he likes luncheons! Yes, see you in December!:)

It does depend on the Captain. The current Captain did a cocktail party on the last cruise 7 days Repo to Vancouver so not sure if that was because of the Captain or the ports. The cocktail party was held in Adagios and was very nice.

The Crown only has one sea day so it may be a cocktail party on one of the nights.

I recently returned from the Ruby Princess to Alaska and they had a senior officer's cocktail party for their most traveled passengers. I was well done.:)

Silhouette, 3/26/17, Summit, 5/8/16 Solstice, 2/14/16 Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 228 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 757 points

On our last one, it was a cocktail party - Island Princess - SB AK. Amazing food, crepes made to order, etc. Very nice. Was glad it wasn't a luncheon - too time consuming when we want to be doing other things! We've turned those down a few times.

Since sometimes you turn down a "too time consuming" MTP lunch, maybe we'll sail on your cruise to have a slightly better chance of enjoying our 1st lunch? :p

With over a year of sailing with Princess on each cruise we get further away from the cutoff. ;) Although we're sure having lots of fun cruising as often as possible! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

I also agree that it totally depends on the Captain, I've had both on very similar cruises. Personally I prefer luncheon. I'm on the Pacific Princess now for s short 4 nights up to Vancouver before my B2B Alaska portion and received a voucher to one of the specialty venues in place of the Most Travelled party.

On my recent B2B2B on the Coral (Coastal, 4 day AK, 7 day AK) I got nothing on the LA-YVR segment. On the run to Ketchikan and back, I received a drink coupon in my cabin, that I assumed was for most traveled, but my trivia partners who had more nights than me did not get one. On the third, there was a cocktail party in the card room. It seemed a bit dead. The food looked very good but with the end of the cruise and scales not far away, I passed and nursed a glass of wine.

Hi Pam, Our captain will be Fabrizio Maresco. I sure hope he likes luncheons! Yes, see you in December!:)

If you have never met him, he is a lot of fun at CC functions...huge personality. We did several cruises with him on the Pacific Princess; one time we had the luncheon, the others we just got a voucher for a specialty restaurant as there were not 40 Elites on board. On that ship it was luncheon or voucher regardless of who the captain was (we had three different captains over three months).

On my recent B2B2B on the Coral (Coastal, 4 day AK, 7 day AK) I got nothing on the LA-YVR segment. On the run to Ketchikan and back, I received a drink coupon in my cabin, that I assumed was for most traveled, but my trivia partners who had more nights than me did not get one. On the third, there was a cocktail party in the card room. It seemed a bit dead. The food looked very good but with the end of the cruise and scales not far away, I passed and nursed a glass of wine.

Normally on short voyages it is a coupon for the specialty restaurant. The drink coupon in your cabin was in lieu of no Captain Circle Party.

You may not have qualified - on our recent short voyage the cut off was 350.

Sometimes that glass of wine is like you said better.

Happy Sailing.

Self edit... delete

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Last year on our 10 day Alaska(out of SF), we had Cocktail Party.

If we have Cocktail party instead of luncheon on Crown , I hope it is in Adagio rather than Skywalkers. Much nicer venue.Of course that is if we make it, 416 days right now.

On a recent Ruby cruise in MarchB2B, both most traveled were held as cocktail parties in Adagio. Made it first week not second.

For Alaska I have high hopes we make whatever party is given , love both but Luncheons are the best.

For years, didn't even know these parties existed till I met and started cruising with those Big cruisers that are number , one two and three etc. for most traveled. Will never catch up with any of them even with our very frequent cruising now. Seems like their numbers climb even faster than we can travel.We are having fun and don't have the need to be up there and number one.

The problem with our itinerary out of Seattle is that the one true sea day is the day after embarkation. It would be difficult to set up a luncheon so quickly, I would think. However, on a past cruise (forgot which one) they did have it for the first sea day which was soon after embarkation. The only other time they could schedule it is on a glacier sightseeing day, which I doubt they would do. :o

Last year on our 10 day Alaska(out of SF), we had Cocktail Party.

If we have Cocktail party instead of luncheon on Crown , I hope it is in Adagio rather than Skywalkers. Much nicer venue.Of course that is if we make it, 416 days right now.

On a recent Ruby cruise in MarchB2B, both most traveled were held as cocktail parties in Adagio. Made it first week not second.

For Alaska I have high hopes we make whatever party is given , love both but Luncheons are the best.

For years, didn't even know these parties existed till I met and started cruising with those Big cruisers that are number , one two and three etc. for most traveled. Will never catch up with any of them even with our very frequent cruising now. Seems like their numbers climb even faster than we can travel.We are having fun and don't have the need to be up there and number one.

Think we had it once in Adagio, its way too small. :(

Rather have it in Skywalkers if its available.

Club 6 on the Regal, dislike that lounge altogether. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Think we had it once in Adagio, its way too small. :(

Rather have it in Skywalkers if its available.

Club 6 on the Regal, dislike that lounge altogether. :(

Club 6 is a disappointing replacement for Skywalker's although Adagio is better than the Coral/Island Card Room.

We enjoyed a MTP cocktail party in Skywalker's on the Golden & both of our Island cocktail parties were in The Card Room. Skywalker's had great views & comfortable seating; The Card Room had a few folding chairs along a small section of the wall with a limited view.

But not every ship has a Skywalker's & limited options for that great venue.

Club 6 is a disappointing replacement for Skywalker's although Adagio is better than the Coral/Island Card Room.

We enjoyed a MTP cocktail party in Skywalker's on the Golden & both of our Island cocktail parties were in The Card Room. Skywalker's had great views & comfortable seating; The Card Room had a few folding chairs along a small section of the wall with a limited view.

But not every ship has a Skywalker's & limited options for that great venue.

Yeah I remember the card room. Its been a few years but have done 2 that I can remember in there.

Does anyone know approximately when the top 40 affairs began?

I know they did them in 2004 as it was held in the Ward Room on my Dawn Princess cruise to Alaska B2B. Most elaborate food spread I have seen on Princess. Impressive!

The cruises before it are a blur as I did most of those ships after and don't remember if I did the most traveled on the ships before hand or after 04.

On our last one, it was a cocktail party - Island Princess - SB AK. Amazing food, crepes made to order, etc. Very nice. Was glad it wasn't a luncheon - too time consuming when we want to be doing other things! We've turned those down a few times.

We're just the opposite. Love the lunches but turn down the cocktail parties. Somehow cocktails and hors d'ouevres after first traditional dinner seating don't appeal. YMMV.