(Some) greedy diamonds

No mention was made of the lounge being overcrowded - or that they only sat there for 1-2 hours. I've seen them line up at the door at 4:00 to get a good seat, then drink until they leave for late seating - those would be the ones taking 3 more drinks with them.
You are personally there from 4:00pm to late seating......:rolleyes:...hmmm

This was on a Transatlantic - there was an overflow lounge which makes it a really busy job for the servers to get around - they had bottles of wine set out to serve people (and for people to help themselves to a GLASS) - some people were taking the whole bottle. Now do you understand?

According to your status you are D+ so have presumably been in a lounge where there is an overflow and sometimes wine bottles are left out in the dedicated lounge for people to help themselves as servers are hard-pressed to get round those people who want mixed drinks so it's easier for those who want wine just to top up their glass. Not on the tables, but on the counters and I can easily see how they could take those bottles when the servers and the concierge are busy with other guests in a lounge with a big overspill area

:rolleyes:

Were you on this cruise by any chance?

The D+ and Pinnacle people are all pompous snobs; they just don't want to admit it.

Of course, if I ever make it to D+, that will change, and it will only be the Pinnacle people who are all pompous snobs.... :D

I appreciate good humor...K.O....:)

Oh dear :( I did hesitate before posting as I realise some people on here are determined not to believe this happened, but thought I would just answer the question posted by xpcdoojk.

Since you seem determined to discredit me. Yes, that's right, the concierge was lying to me :rolleyes: Happy now?

Just noticed you actually were not on this cruise, how about that!......Love it when people post something that they actually never experienced firsthand!!....Sheesh!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh dear :( I did hesitate before posting as I realise some people on here are determined not to believe this happened, but thought I would just answer the question posted by xpcdoojk.

Since you seem determined to discredit me. Yes, that's right, the concierge was lying to me :rolleyes: Happy now?

You are very funny, #4 was your post, not mine. :rolleyes:

Can honestly say in over 40 plus cruises, never ever have seen servers or a concierge leave bottles of wine in the lounge on tables for people to help themselves. Have always had the servers make your cocktail or pour your wine, period.

I totally agree. I have never seen any bottles of wine left out for people in the lounges to drink, help themselves, or whatever reason if their glass is empty because bar servers are overwhelmed serving people.

I really don't believe any concierge, or bar managers would allow people to just haul off bottles of wine from the lounges either unless they wanted to risk losing their job.

What's amusing about this thread is the jump from a few people on one ship hoarding alcohol from the lounge means that all D, D+, and P are evil and entitled.

That's really funny.

We've been going to the lounges since 2010, and not once in those +20 cruises have we ever seen alcohol hoarding.

If you want to paint evil on all based on a few people on a few cruises, I guess it's your ulcer you have to pay for.

Seriously what? My point was I would hope that RCI would do something to get the rules to be enforced rather than just take the step of cutting back the benefits by closing down the lounges. What is the problem with that?

My comment was directed at the quote enclosed and in particular at the rudeness of the passengers stuffing knapsacks with cereal, Ocean Boy. Sorry that didn't come across, in addition to the asterisks being auto-filled as a censor. I agreed with you.

I totally agree. I have never seen any bottles of wine left out for people in the lounges to drink, help themselves, or whatever reason if their glass is empty because bar servers are overwhelmed serving people.

I really don't believe any concierge, or bar managers would allow people to just haul off bottles of wine from the lounges either unless they wanted to risk losing their job.

Originally Posted by Thetrail View Post

Can honestly say in over 40 plus cruises, never ever have seen servers or a concierge leave bottles of wine in the lounge on tables for people to help themselves. Have always had the servers make your cocktail or pour your wine, period.

(sorry, don't know how to do multiple quotes)

Not exactly the same thing but just to prove it can happen. On our recent Splendour TA there were bottles of champagne left on the counter every morning next to the breakfast items in the CL. The idea definitely was for people to help themselves as there is no server in the morning and the concierge was behind her desk.

I saw this with my own eyes and no, I've never seen it before either:). Incidentally I never saw anyone helping themselves to more than a glass to go with breakfast.

Julie

When we were younger and a kid's program was essential (pre-Disney cruises), we sailed on mass market lines and endured the widespread annoyances of things like rude gluttons, nickel-diming, etc.

Now, in retirement (and still always considering cost-to-benefit), we use Oceania as our preferred cruise line (not as "bottom line" expensive as some CC posters would erroneously have you believe). The behavior described in the earlier posts would not be tolerated on O because their management is vigilant and quick to respond.

As an example: Just this week, CC posters were upset about a seemingly new policy allowing e-cigarettes in other than the two designated smoking areas on Oceania ships. Several of us e-mailed the line's president and received an immediate reply (I exchanged e-mails with him on a Sunday morning!) that the policy would immediately be changed due to the e-cig facts/references we had cited. Try to find that on most other cruise lines.

BTW, if you ever want to try to connect directly with a cruise line president, a little bit of home work will get you the info you need. For example, check out Chris Elliott's website where he list the contact info for the top several exec officers of every major cruise, airline, et al. travel companies. Chris is the ombudsman for National Geographic Travel and has a widely read news column on solving travel issues. Get out your google and find Chris' website - worth the time and energy.

Really? Just about 3 times more expensive for ocean view on a 7 night out of Miami.

Actually the concierge did address it by speaking to the people concerned and asking them to stop.

I always take a drink out with me too - a glass - not several bottles sneaked inside a bag :rolleyes:

How did the people get severance bottles of wine unless one of the servers gave them to the guests?

Cheerio! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Haha, was thinking the same. ;)

Is it not always the case?

One waits patiently for a knuckle dragger to arrive, then would one believe it, two come along at the same time.:eek:

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I have personally seen bottles of wine left on the counter in a diamond lounge for guests to help themselves - I have not seen this in a concierge lounge - I have never seen anyone take a bottle away from the counter or out of the lounge - and I am sure that the concierge's statement about the bottles of wine in a backpack were excited utterances.

When people engage in conduct like removing bottles or pouring multiple drinks into a thermos or tumbler, I do not care because I am concerned about RC's bottom line or a possible indirect effect on my cost of cruising, I care because such conduct simply cheapens the atmosphere of the entire cruise experience for me and many others. People who do such things will never understand that nor care, no matter what anyone else says.

Now I'm worried going on my first cruise as a Diamond in two weeks. Were are the rules posted, I don't want to break any😨😨

Chill out, be social. You will be fine. Welcome to the ever expanding Diamond Club

Now I'm worried going on my first cruise as a Diamond in two weeks. Were are the rules posted, I don't want to break any

My philosophy in life is 1 in 4 people are stupid. That goes for everyone, not just the CAS. Go enjoy your D perks. You have a 75% chance of having a wonderful time doing it. ;)

Now I'm worried going on my first cruise as a Diamond in two weeks. Were are the rules posted, I don't want to break any

1. Don't try to sneak out of the lounge with a knapsack full of bottles of wine.

2. Don't order multiple drink in the lounge and pour them into a tumbler to take out with you.

3. Don't consider yourself an equal with the Diamond Plus members. They are better than you.

4. Bow or curtsy to any Pinnacle members you meet and apologize to them for your existence.

5. Tip generously, and, most importantly, make sure those around you see how generously you're tipping.

6. Always enter elevators in front of sub-Diamonds, and let them push the elevator buttons for you; that's what they're there for.

7. If you have traditional dining, be sure your table-mates are aware of your C&A status. Remind them frequently to be sure they don't forget.

8. Introduce yourself to as many staff members as possible, and be sure they know your status, as well. Most of them have never met a Diamond Member before, so they'll be quite impressed.

9. Certain ship rules, like rules on reserving pool chairs or seats in the theater, no longer apply to you. Enjoy.

10. Lines in the Windjammer are for Emerald and below. Just cut straight to the food.

No need to worry. Just follow those simple rules, and you'll be fine.

Edited by Paul65