Freedom Class Aft question

Also one of the downfalls of 8 and 9 is the people above you can see you. you have a covering on deck 7 and 10

Heres a Deck 7 pick and a panoramic of deck 10. Its all i could find right now but the panoramic shows the decks below you.

191270717_Deck7FOS.jpg.0e59e8e6fbef636197b899496853db80.jpg

1160029374_Deck10FOSPano.jpg.ce5ba81568bc7a5ae585412e6fef5b3a.jpg

They are about the same. The least amount of structure is on deck 10. I think deck 9 has the family suites

That is true, but for me that misses a bigger problem. We were on the Liberty in Feb/March and our JS had no direct upward view of the sky. Which for me is a huge thing, because I like to go on my balcony at night and see the stars. The only ones you can see from deck 10 are those near the horizon because the WJ hangs out well beyond your deck. I do like the aft balconies on the Freedom class because of their size and the superstructure even on deck 7 doesn't bother me.

jc

Looking at the Independence for a future cruise. Wondering whether to book an aft cabin on deck 8 or 9? Which deck has less superstructure to look past?

The higher you go the less superstructure you have to look past.

We were in a corner aft on Indy a couple years ago. It was fantastic. Yes, some superstructure, but the huge balcony MORE than makes up for it. Also, if you can snag a corner, the stateroom is more the size of a junior suite but priced as a D1 balcony!

Lots of photos of the stateroom, view, and balcony in my signature below...

The higher you go the less superstructure you have to look past.

Well, if this is true why is it that the aft cabins on deck 8 are E1 category yet the identical cabins on deck 9 are E3 (less money) and are stamped with "obstructed view?" I would think the cabins on deck 9, if they have less superstructure to look at, would be a higher category/more expensive?

Of course I reserved deck 9 aft since it is less money but now I am wondering if for a few dollars I should switch to deck 8 aft? Confusing!!

Well, if this is true why is it that the aft cabins on deck 8 are E1 category yet the identical cabins on deck 9 are E3 (less money) and are stamped with "obstructed view?" I would think the cabins on deck 9, if they have less superstructure to look at, would be a higher category/more expensive?

Of course I reserved deck 9 aft since it is less money but now I am wondering if for a few dollars I should switch to deck 8 aft? Confusing!!

See the next post after yours. The higher you go, the less obstruction there is.

See the next post after yours. The higher you go, the less obstruction there is.

OK then, I'll stick with deck 9 aft. But I STILL don't understand why 8 is more expensive if it's less desirable! LOL I will just be happy we grabbed an aft!

I have us booked on Freedom ( this August) in 1378 Junior Suite. This evening I saw 7414 had become available and put it on hold till tomorrow.

On a Mariner cruise we took awhile back,we had one of the Aft JS. I enjoyed it. Deck 6 or 7.

The big BUT is, We've never stayed in a SIDE aft cabin location. Can anyone help me out on info on these 2 cabins. Opinions, facts....I need a little direction.

Thanks!

I have us booked on Freedom ( this August) in 1378 Junior Suite. This evening I saw 7414 had become available and put it on hold till tomorrow.

On a Mariner cruise we took awhile back,we had one of the Aft JS. I enjoyed it. Deck 6 or 7.

The big BUT is, We've never stayed in a SIDE aft cabin location. Can anyone help me out on info on these 2 cabins. Opinions, facts....I need a little direction.

Thanks!

Good move putting it (#7414) on hold...I do this often here on the west coast too when something pops up (and it usually does late at night). The #1378 to me is not really an aft, for me it has to be a "true" aft or I'm a mid-ship humper. Enjoy the aft !!!

Ashland...I agree that a 'true' Aft cabin are the ones that view the wake/ the back of the ship.:). We've had an Aft Wrap on our Carnival cruises the karst 2 cruises. I just LOVE them!!

We're back on Royal for this trip, excited to see a Royal ship again.

Oh! I also wanted to clarify price of the 7414 AFT Cabin. When doing a mock booking I saw that the Aft and other JS cabin locations started at the same price. Assuming, we don't need to pay any extra dollars for the Aft.

:). Thanks again

Are those Voyager cabin numbers?

Freedom looks like 7708 & 7408

Yes, Voyager class - photo was from 7388 on Navigator.

For the hammock-dweller....

What is the hammock hooked to? How much weight do you think the hooks (?) could hold?

The hammock ropes are just tied into the steel beams. There are a few small openings/holes in the superstructure beams, here and there, and it's really easy to just tie the rope directly into them. No hooks were used, so the weight limit would apply to the strength of the rope used and the quality of your knots. (Tie good knots!:D)

Yes, Voyager class - photo was from 7388 on Navigator.

The hammock ropes are just tied into the steel beams. There are a few small openings/holes in the superstructure beams, here and there, and it's really easy to just tie the rope directly into them. No hooks were used, so the weight limit would apply to the strength of the rope used and the quality of your knots. (Tie good knots!:D)

Is there plexiglass covering the lower railing or just open bars ?

Thanks!

DH is the former Boy Scout, so hopefully he remembers his knots. And DS takes rock climbing classes and is learning knots as well!