Do You Usually

qsuzi

Do you usually purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on your HAL cruise? One big advantage of purchasing a HAL FCD, (compared to Princess and RCI) is that your deposit is fully refundable. It will be automatically refunded if not used within 4 years.

We always put down a FCD while on our cruise. While it doesn't totally stop the post-cruise blues...it helps to have that FCD in our back pocket!

Exactly....those FCD's help lessen the post-cruise blues. I start getting post cruise blues worse after about 2 months post cruise or when I see some one posting an itinerary I would love to be taking.

We always have purchased them on HAL but not on Disney or Princess. In fact we purchased 4 on the Westerdam just in case 2of 4 chose not to share with the more senior 2of4 and we need to get adjoining cabins next time. :rolleyes: :)

Always- that way we get half of the $100 deposit back when we book.

We like to book our next with the FCC on board- seems a little easier on disembarkation day when we know another is booked. They come up to the NL to meet with us so no waiting or lines.

Edited by frankc98376

Do you usually purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on your HAL cruise? One big advantage of purchasing a HAL FCD, (compared to Princess and RCI) is that your deposit is fully refundable. It will be automatically refunded if not used within 4 years.

We do on every cruise. Always have at least two on hand (in case we decide to do a back to back cruise).

One nice thing - buying one of these seems to generate a "Thank you for sailing with us" email from HAL, which doubles the OBC (on board credit) you get from purchasing it in the first place. If you book onboard, you do not get the double OBC.

I didn't know that they auto refund after expiration. Very interesting. We've always used ours but we don't get them every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

About 3 or 4 years ago HAL changed their rules. When HAL first started their program, if you didn't get your money back if you didn't use the FCD within 4 years.

We always have purchased them on HAL but not on Disney or Princess. In fact we purchased 4 on the Westerdam just in case 2of 4 chose not to share with the more senior 2of4 and we need to get adjoining cabins next time. :rolleyes: :)

That sounds like excellent planning to me!

Always- that way we get half of the $100 deposit back when we book.

We like to book our next with the FCC on board- seems a little easier on disembarkation day when we know another is booked. They come up to the NL to meet with us so no waiting or lines.

How does the NL scheduling work? At the time you request or scheduled time for anyone interested?

We do on every cruise. Always have at least two on hand (in case we decide to do a back to back cruise).

One nice thing - buying one of these seems to generate a "Thank you for sailing with us" email from HAL, which doubles the OBC (on board credit) you get from purchasing it in the first place. If you book onboard, you do not get the double OBC.

Wished we had purchased extra FCD. Would be interested to hear from anyone who booked onboard to see if they did or did not get a "Thank you for Sailing with Us". Thanks for the heads up.

Princess also refunds the deposit if it isn't used in the required time. We buy FCC on Princess and FCD on HAL always.

Cheers, Denise

thanks. I stand corrected. Princess does refund FCC if not used by the required time.

RE: Wished we had purchased extra FCD. Would be interested to hear from anyone who booked onboard to see if they did or did not get a "Thank you for Sailing with Us".

We did after our Westerdam Cruise last month

RE: Wished we had purchased extra FCD. Would be interested to hear from anyone who booked onboard to see if they did or did not get a "Thank you for Sailing with Us".

We did after our Westerdam Cruise last month

Did you end up getting the double OBC for your sailing (since you already booked it prior to getting the email)?

How does the NL scheduling work? At the time you request or scheduled time for anyone interested?

Just let the Concierges know that you'd like to meet with the FCC and approximate date/time. They will call you once it is setup.