Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Thanks Laura and thanks for putting the tour together . It was nice to meet you as well . We felt fortunate to see as much as we did . Some of the other tours said that they saw nothing . It was quite a challenge to try to shoot pictures . Here's one of Lagos las Furnas when we were there .

DSC02738_zpsjv6vop3q.jpg

And here's the same lake when we were there in 2009 .

8f4d4488-51d5-4aa4-84c3-4ca020ab533c_zpssdigxlcf.jpg

Thanks for that picture of what it's "supposed" to look like. Can only hope for the next visit. Actually I found that island quite beautiful even in the rain. ☺

Denise

Thanks for that picture of what it's "supposed" to look like. Can only hope for the next visit. Actually I found that island quite beautiful even in the rain. ☺

Denise

It really is , reminds me of Ireland . All of the rain keeps it green and the waterfall really moving .

We both had the Risotto next . Creamy , yummy , full of flavor - and calories .

DSC02274_zpsepv0p3cw.jpg

And a nice and quite , table for two .

DSC02275_zpsvmr4rfyg.jpg

The Phyllo baked pear

DSC02281_zpsh9sg0pam.jpg

My pork belly was wonderful piece of bacon with a crackling skin . The photo was out of focus though . My main course was the venison - absolutely amazing .

DSC02289_zpsc7f5m9go.jpg

We forgot the desserts name , more wine anyone ?

DSC02294_zpswk6xpnir.jpg

DSC02293_zpsmmfumgox.jpg

The tours were fun....especially the Stonehenge/Salisbury one....so much better a way to spend a day then straight to London and waiting for a room to be ready.....must say it was the fastest I have moved through a castle though!! Bet you still got lots of good shots of Windsor, especially during your tea with the queen!!! LOL!!:D:D

We went for the tea - but stayed for the scones ! ;) ;) Does 2 winkies = 1 blinky ? I never was good in math - or telling time . :rolleyes:

We went for the tea - but stayed for the scones ! ;) ;) Does 2 winkies = 1 blinky ? I never was good in math - or telling time . :rolleyes:

Ha ha!! Works for me......:D

We also had an excursion at the Azores, but the guide found enough to keep us all happy....I have a few pictures that look similar to yours(from THIS year)...but the little seaside village he took us to for lunch was worth the whole trip....the fog/rain just gave us the incentive to visit again in the future!:)

The Eclipse really is a beautiful ship. I'm sure we will find a way to sail her at some point. Funny how my cruise wish list just keeps getting longer...... :D

There is always another ship or destination to add to the long list. This is why cruising is so addictive.:D

Ha ha!! Works for me......:D

We also had an excursion at the Azores, but the guide found enough to keep us all happy....I have a few pictures that look similar to yours(from THIS year)...but the little seaside village he took us to for lunch was worth the whole trip....the fog/rain just gave us the incentive to visit again in the future!:)

The private tours definitely fared better on the Azores , with their flexibility and smaller groups . I'll be posting more pics later but feel free to post your photos anytime . :) :D

hot tub located with the "infinity edge"?? Looks very cool!! LuAnn

Thanks LuAnn . In the covered pool area . With the flat sea and cloudy sky I was looking for a third element . The bubbles were not on , so the tub's water was smooth . I just squatted to align the foreground element with the 2 background elements . And a large Depth of Field kept the background in focus . ;)

IMG_5014_zpszbcv39eo.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Thanks LuAnn . In the covered pool area . With the flat sea and cloudy sky I was looking for a third element . The bubbles were not on , so the tub's water was smooth . I just squatted to align the foreground element with the 2 background elements . And a large Depth of Field kept the background in focus . ;)

IMG_5014_zpszbcv39eo.jpg

BEAUTIFUL !!!

This photo and the accompanying explanation of how you composed it are the reason I no longer take pictures! :o

(And I'm not being sarcastic, just an honest assessment of my artistic abilities.)

After our wonderful dinner we returned to our cabin to change clothes . On the balcony we observed calm seas and an absence of the cloud cover revealing the stars and moon - very romantic . In our Celebrity Today we were instructed to move our clocks forward 1 hour . So it seemed like a good idea after our long dinner to turn in early . I had hoped to see a sunrise and take some pictures of the ship early . Grabbing the camera and letting the little lady sleep , I headed out for a cup of good coffee at Cafe Al Bacio .

DSC02203-001_zpsl8p3xlqe.jpg

We had been waiting to try them and compare it to the International Cafe on Princess . Surprise ! They would not open until 7 AM . Point Princess , open 24/7 . Undaunted , I headed back to the Oceanview Cafe . Mixing my coffee normally , I took a swig - Yuck ! More cream and some chocolate made a mocha - a little better . Time for some pictures before sunrise . The Eclipse is filled with eye popping pop art .

IMG_5124_zpso611rql1.jpg

IMG_5125_zpsliellrph.jpg

IMG_5123-001_zpsstgfz2wj.jpg

IMG_5122_zpsao1rply1.jpg

We loved the Eclipse....but the coffee was just horrible:eek: even by cruise ship standards......by the time the cruise was over I was almost completely off coffee! Occasionally at dinner it was passable but other than that just awful......maybe should have tried throwing some chocolate into it too....

We loved the Eclipse....but the coffee was just horrible:eek: even by cruise ship standards......by the time the cruise was over I was almost completely off coffee! Occasionally at dinner it was passable but other than that just awful......maybe should have tried throwing some chocolate into it too....

Yep we agree . We owe Celebrity a debt of gratitude for helping us to kick the habit . We knew that in our post cruise stay that we would be drinking powdered coffee , so we brought some tea with us to make the switch . We just began that process a little earlier while on the cruise ship . :) :D

None of the photos so far are HDRs but I did take some later in France . The two main cameras that I used have large sensors and good high ISO resolution to make up for the poor indoor lighting . I don't think that I shot high F stops until I got outside with the good light . ;)

What cameras / Lenses are you using?

Yep we agree . We owe Celebrity a debt of gratitude for helping us to kick the habit . We knew that in our post cruise stay that we would be drinking powdered coffee , so we brought some tea with us to make the switch . We just began that process a little earlier while on the cruise ship . :) :D

Our Reflection cruise in December, they had switched over to Lavazza, and it was much better than previous cruises (still not Starbucks or Seattle's Best).

Our Reflection cruise in December, they had switched over to Lavazza, and it was much better than previous cruises (still not Starbucks or Seattle's Best).

Pretty sure this WAS Lavazza....still it was awful....maybe they didn't have the right mix or something... oh well....guess I didn't need it anyway what with all the time changes on the TA!!

Looking forward to more pictures!!!:)

With a mocha buzz on it was time to take some pictures . I think this is the Main centrum

IMG_5103_zpsnu2sczux.jpg

The Boulevard shopping area

IMG_5095_zpsciyryysv.jpg

" Contemporary nightclub with VIP lounge "

IMG_5090_zps92h4tlya.jpg

IMG_5091_zps65slaccc.jpg

What is it ?

91a9aa66-0e65-4850-881c-af24de2877f6_zpsvukvissf.jpg

Forward centrum

IMG_5100_zpsox5o3qci.jpg