What Broadway show would you like to see on Harmony?

My choices off the top of my head, in order:

Little Shop of Horrors (corny, but I love it)

Jersey Boys

Grease

Phantom of the Opera

My Fair Lady

West Side Story

~ Judy

I agree with these.

There are a lot of excellent revivals on Broadway now: Gigi. The King and I. An American in Paris.

A classic, traditional musical would be great!

Ooh, Gigi - that's a good one! I would bump My Fair Lady down on my list for that. Probably Phantom too. :)

~ Judy

The Book of Mormon is coming to our town but my 22 year old DS says I should not go! Is it that bad for a slightly prudish Mom?

I love it and have seen it twice ... most recently Saturday in London. However if you could describe yourself as any level of prudish you would not enjoy yourself. In the end I think it is funny, thought provoking, and has sweet parts ... but there is a ton of foul language that goes beyond the extreme. It makes sense, I suppose in its context, but the shock value is huge.

Totally agree.

We saw The Unexpected Boys perform in the showroom of the Mariner of the Seas 2 1/2 years ago. They brought the house down. Actually sounded more like the 4 seasons than Jersey Boys! We were singing and dancing in the aisles.

We saw the Unexpected Boys on the Voyager out of Galveston 4 or 5 years ago and thought they were fantastic. We went to the early show and went again for the late show.

That's the kind of entertainment I look for on a cruise...not 2 1/2 hours of Cats!

Almost all of the broadway shows so far have been Jukebox musicals or musicals based on a film. So keep that in mind.

That's what makes me always think of "Legally Blonde - the Musical". Pretty good music (although nothing people would know before they go in) with a story that (most) everyone knows.

I think "Wicked" is still looking for a feature film - they will likely not put the rights up for a long time. Many of those suggested are likely too "old fashioned" or just not viable similar to "Wicked". But, there are quite a few good choices that I would look forward to!

I love it and have seen it twice ... most recently Saturday in London. However if you could describe yourself as any level of prudish you would not enjoy yourself. In the end I think it is funny, thought provoking, and has sweet parts ... but there is a ton of foul language that goes beyond the extreme. It makes sense, I suppose in its context, but the shock value is huge.

Thanks Silent Bob! I think I will pass!

Little Shop is so much fun! My DS was in a High School production and even that was fantastic!

Sitzmark, yes Phantom would lose something in translation on a ship, but I just love the music!

I will have to find video on some of these shows you are mentioning...I have not seen a few of them!

Clarea, looking forward to Saturday Night Fever on our October Liberty cruise!

Popular vote is Jersey Boys! RCI, are you listening?

Lauri

Pippin is a great show, and has recently come back into popularity with the most recent revival and can easily be made family friendly, and is already short.

I love Sondheim as well, but I don't think Pacific overtures or Swenney Todd would go well lol. Into the woods is to long.

A Funny thing Happened on the way to the Forum is hilarious but I don't know if it would be recognizable to enough people.

Would LOVE Jersey Boys!

We saw The Unexpected Boys last year on Freedom on the Christmas Cruise. Went to early and late show (in 24 cruise, we have NEVER done that!). Very enjoyable group. As others have said, we were all singing and dancing in the aisles.

The RCI Harmony:)

The Jersey boys

Grease

Momma Mia

That's all have in mind For now.

kruise runner:cool:

What's Momma Mia? :D

Although not my favorite, I agree that The Jersey Boys would be a good choice. All ages can enjoy the music.

Grease is another musical that is well known by many and would work.

My favorite saw in NYC was Kinky Boots!! Won Best Musical

Also CHICAGO is great!!

We saw Kinky Boots last week on Broadway, but a even better play and perfect for a cruise was "Beautiful" which is Carol King's story, great great music, so many great plays out there

Completely unrealistic and not family friendly at all, bt I would love to see American Idiot. Thought that was an awesome show.

I also wouldnt mind Wicked. Rock of Ages wold be coo ltoo, but that is on NCL Breakaway, which makes me kinda want to sail that one soon.

We saw Kinky Boots last week on Broadway, but a even better play and perfect for a cruise was "Beautiful" which is Carol King's story, great great music, so many great plays out there

Yes, yes and yes but then I'm a huge Carole King fan.

Would be great if the Unexpected Boys would be cast in a stage production of Jersey Boys and appear on the Liberty in December :D