Question ? Platinum Level princess

Hi, Would anybody be able to answer this question. I am not far off from being elite but my husband has just done over 51 cruise days to qualify for platinum however before they had the ruby level he has been platinum for a while now.

The internet credit minutes for example on a cruise 21 or more nights you get 500 minutes. Is this per person or per couple or per cabin. Would like to hear your answers.

Regards Zanny.

Hi Zanny, we have been Elite on Princess since 2008, so have availed ourselves of many internet minutes. To answer your question: The internet minutes are per passenger who is Platinum/Elite status on Princess Captains Circle benefits. For example last year on Golden Princess, Buenos Aires to LA - 31 days, my wife and I both Elite pax got 500 minutes each, we only used half of them, just to catch up on G mails and enter a few golf comps!!

Enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

We are both elite but DH doesn't use internet, so guess what I can

use both which is a bonus on long cruises.:D:D:D

I always use mine first, then his;)

Just to add......if you are on a B2B, even booked with one booking number, log both parties in at the beginning.

We were on an 11 night cruise which was sold as 7 night/4 night) or 11 night which is the way we had booked. I used my internet package for the first week, when I went to log in my husband on day 9, it was showing 150 minutes instead of the 250 I had. It apparently defaults. Only took a trip to the Internet cafe, the guy knew exactly what had happened and fixed it:)

We never use all those minutes, just to check the NRL scores:p but I love getting the free perk with Princess.

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

When we first became elite we got unlimited internet time , however that was abused as people just sat on line all day , or handed their card to their friends to use. Princess had to put a time limit on so that everyone could have fair go. Wifi has made a big difference as there is no longer a queue in the computer room.

When we first became elite we got unlimited internet time , however that was abused as people just sat on line all day , or handed their card to their friends to use. Princess had to put a time limit on so that everyone could have fair go. Wifi has made a big difference as there is no longer a queue in the computer room.

Yes, WIFI has certainly stopped a lot of the coughs and colds (among other things) spreading as well.:D

• 1 year later...

Hi we are booked on a 31 day cruise which has also been sold as a 17 and 15 day cruise. Do we get 500 minutes per person for the 31 days or can we get 500 for the 17 day and 500 for the 15 day sectors of the cruise?

Probably wouldn't use that much but just wondering how it works.

Eileen

Hi we are booked on a 31 day cruise which has also been sold as a 17 and 15 day cruise. Do we get 500 minutes per person for the 31 days or can we get 500 for the 17 day and 500 for the 15 day sectors of the cruise?

Probably wouldn't use that much but just wondering how it works.

Eileen

if you have one booking number for the 31 day cruise you will get 500 mins but with the 17 and 15 day cruise it drops down to 250 mins and if your both platinum you both get that....check out the benefits of what you get https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/platinumMemberShipBenefits.page

We are just two days off going elite currently looking at a short P&O cruise which will count towards our captains circle membership with Princess so that the next Princess cruise we do will be as elite passengers. Looking forward to enjoying the perks elite status offers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are just two days off going elite currently looking at a short P&O cruise which will count towards our captains circle membership with Princess so that the next Princess cruise we do will be as elite passengers. Looking forward to enjoying the perks elite status offers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are some real cheapos out there, I almost jumped (3 days ago) on a 4 night one today that goes for the weekend, $248 each for an inside with $100 OBC.

I am just one cruise off making it to Platinum and thought my 3 day Aurora cruise on P&O UK would get me there but I've heard now that UK ships don't count on Captain's Circle, only the Oz ones ... is that right?

Edited by Poundgirl

I am just one cruise off making it to Platinum and thought my 3 day Aurora cruise on P&O UK would get me there but I've heard now that UK ships don't count on Captain's Circle, only the Oz ones ... is that right?

Some time in the past it was said on this forum that half of the P&O UK days counted, then later a friend said all their P&O UK days counted towards their Princess loyalty level. I suggest you check with the Captain's Circle section of Princess in Sydney.

On the same topic, here is an odd point: A few days ago a friend told me that on their recent Princess cruise, they were told that they had to have 50% of their 'days' on Princess cruises. Most of their days had been from P&O Australia cruises, so most of them weren't counted. This was for the Most Travelled Passenger luncheon - they were still Elite with just their Princess cruises. I do not know if this is a new restriction or if it was simply the Captain Circle's hostess on that particular cruise. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Understood you had to have done either 15 cruises or 151 cruise days to go elite our cruises with P&O Aust certainly count towards this total as they appear on our captains circle folder with Princess.

It's 150 days, not 151, but the change in status doesn't happen until the cruise after you reach 150 days.

It's confusing because of the way Princess lists the levels.

Blue - 0 days

Gold - 2-30 days

Ruby - 31-50 days

Platinum - 51-150 days

Elite - 151+ days

So if the last day of your last cruise was the 150th you will be Elite on your 151st day on board, ie the first day of your next cruise.

If your second-to-last day of your last cruise was the 150th then, sorry, you don't get to be Elite until your next cruise which will start with your 152nd day.

Unless there's been a recent change, which I doubt, they count.

It's 150 days, not 151, but the change in status doesn't happen until the cruise after you reach 150 days.

It's confusing because of the way Princess lists the levels.

Blue - 0 days

Gold - 2-30 days

Ruby - 31-50 days

Platinum - 51-150 days

Elite - 151+ days

So if the last day of your last cruise was the 150th you will be Elite on your 151st day on board, ie the first day of your next cruise.

If your second-to-last day of your last cruise was the 150th then, sorry, you don't get to be Elite until your next cruise which will start with your 152nd day.

Yes, people do not qualify for the next loyalty level perks until the next cruise.

Unless there's been a recent change, which I doubt, they count.

Thanks for that .... I just thought of logging into My Princess and the P&O UK cruise shows up in Cruise Credits as FUTURE so it seems it will count as I guess it wouldn't be there otherwise :)

Thanks for that .... I just thought of logging into My Princess and the P&O UK cruise shows up in Cruise Credits as FUTURE so it seems it will count as I guess it wouldn't be there otherwise :)

Yep. You'll get your status credit, and it will show in your future cruise personalizer. However it doesn't work the other way around (ie Princess cruises won't count towards PO UK, but PO UK and AUS will count towards Princess captains circle). Also, the other noticiable difference (for us) is full suites on PO will only count as 1 stautus credit and not the usual 2 if sailed on Princess.