Concierge benefits?

pzbz

Can anyone tell me the perks for concierge? Is it true one can get priority tendering ? How is the stateroom menu different? If I order breakfast for my vernadah is it special in any way?

What does the concierge do for you?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

We had breakfast options on the room service menu in our CC cabin that we didn't have when in a verandah cabin -- eggs and omelettes to order (vs just scrambled), french toast, blueberry muffins.

On M class ships the cabin is also larger.

We had "priority boarding" meaning we were directed to a shorter (nonexistent) line at Cape Liberty. Might have had priority disembarkation, too--we got group 6 tags without requesting anything.

The concierge sent notes offering assistance but we didn't avail ourselves of that so can't comment.

We also had sparkling wine in the cabin, which we didn't drink.

We didn't get the canapes other than on boarding day.

The biggest benefit for us was getting all 3 perks in the 1-2-3 Go promo, which saved us the cost of gratuities, and threw in drinks packages we wouldn't have bought for ourselves.

Edited by schlimazel_traveler

On Solstice ships cabins are same size as any other. A lot of the included perks are nothing of real value. If the piece wasn't much more than a standard verandah, go for the extra captains club points (5 vs 3) or I'd they have the all inclusive perk offer (drink pkg, free grate and OBC).

Priority tendering at ports of call is NOT included, only available for Elite a captains club and above (maybe suites too, not sure on that).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good that you asked, the perks sound nice but in reality don't mean much. Only two real benefits, already mentioned.

1) larger cabins on M class ships

2) more points towards Elite status if that matters to you. The rest is just marketing hype

If you want to pay extra for a better showerhead, plusher towels and robes, and a small footstool on your balcony then go for it :). We see no justification for paying extra for Concierge Class. Aqua Class is another option that actually makes some sense because of Blu (some love it and others hate it). With Aqua you get all the same perks as Concierge plus Blu and a spa option.

But beware of Aqua because many of the cabins on the S-Class ships are not in the ideal location.

Hank

Good that you asked, the perks sound nice but in reality don't mean much. Only two real benefits, already mentioned.

1) larger cabins on M class ships

2) more points towards Elite status if that matters to you. The rest is just marketing hype

also 3) a bottle of sparkling wine worth $28 and 4) perhaps a "better" location on the ship (better being defined by the person buying the ticket...there are 1A's that are better, IMHO, than some CC or AQ cabins on some ships).

also 3) a bottle of sparkling wine worth $28 and 4) perhaps a "better" location on the ship (better being defined by the person buying the ticket...there are 1A's that are better, IMHO, than some CC or AQ cabins on some ships).

Certainly a matter of opinion, I've had 2Bs and 1Bs that I thought were in the PERFECT location!!

Just off a Med. cruise with concierge class on the Equinox. I had also thought we were going to have priority tendering (not sure where I read that) but was told only Elite and above had this. We got a bigger umbrella and binoculars, thicker bathrobes, a bottle of cheap champagne. Our attendants brought us canapes every day whether we asked for them or not. :) Some were really good, some were only so-so. I originally poo-pooed this amenity but it turned out nice because we would often get back on board the ship a little hungry and the buffet was closed between 5-6. As others had said, there was a concierge debarkation lounge but we didn't use it, as our number was called earlier than expected. I also appreciate the extra points as we are fairly far below Elite.

You might think it funny, but the benefit I liked the most were the footstools on the balcony so I could put my feet up after an active day!! It was also convenient since we had adult children in the single across the hall and so the 4 of us could all sit on the balcony.

I would get it again if the cost was not much above veranda, but I wouldn't pay a lot extra for it.

Sue

We go CC many times. Usually the price is not much more than a regular verandah. I like the foot stools. I spend a lot of time on the balcony and they are worth a lot to me.

Expanded breakfast menu is nice but we don't use it that often. The nicer robes and towels are nice as are a few of the other things but I go for the footstools (and location).

So, many say the benefits are not worth it but that's not true. To some of us they are.

Having only been on one cruise in a cc cabin and having another booked, I still think paying a bit more is worth it. Top perk would have to be the expanded Bfast menu for room service. A decent bfast on the balcony is amazing. We also used the designated room to disembark from and since I hate lines getting on the ship faster is a nice perk too. The rest aren't as important. Canapes are really only so so. I already am eating too much no this time I will ask them to not bother.

I think the best perk going right now for the CC cabin is getting all three PYP promos when you book a CC cabin or higher. Drinks package, grats & $300 OBC.

And before some yaahoo comes along and tells us how there is no free lunch and they always mark the cost up as much as the benefits consider this;

On our 10 day Vancouver to Honolulu trip in Sept of 2016 we moved from a 1A to a C3. We had no promo with the original booking. For an additional $520 total, we got the Classic drink package, about an $1300 value, gratuities, $250 for 2 for 10 days, and an onboard credit of $300. So you get $1850 of perks for paying an additional $520. Works for us.

PS, you can still get a very good breakfast from Room Service in a regular room and even eat it on your balcony.

Edited by ORV

Can anyone tell me the perks for concierge? Is it true one can get priority tendering ? How is the stateroom menu different? If I order breakfast for my vernadah is it special in any way?

What does the concierge do for you?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The only perk worthwhile for us to book a concierge, is if the 123go promo gives us the classic beverage package, lots of SBC, and paid gratuities. Otherwise, we book a sunset veranda or a 1A cabin.

Thanks for the feedback my husband and I havecruised cc class a few times with celebrity however have never used the breakfast on the balcony facility. As we have an aft c1 balcony for our Panama canal cruise in November I think we shall be making use of this. Appreciate all the useful comments as we have not cruised for a few years and have not reached elite cc status yet. James and Kathleen

Having only been on one cruise in a cc cabin and having another booked, I still think paying a bit more is worth it. Top perk would have to be the expanded Bfast menu for room service. A decent bfast on the balcony is amazing. We also used the designated room to disembark from and since I hate lines getting on the ship faster is a nice perk too. The rest aren't as important. Canapes are really only so so. I already am eating too much no this time I will ask them to not bother.

Breakfast menu is pretty much the same as in the other cabins now. The only difference is they include some capuchino's and smoothies. Often the line to get on the ship is shorter in other areas. Most of the CC benefits are fluff or available to everyone on the ship.

If you travel solo and get double points towards captains club it can be worthwhile. I am paying a little extra on a TA next year which gets me an additional 56 points toward elite+ so it is worth it to me right now. That is unless prices come down significantly on regular balconies, then I will probably downgrade as the other perks are not worth much on TA cruises.

We've had several concierge cabins for two reasons... points towards Elite, and we like the location. I had a great rate on a CC-guarantee on Equinox TA, but as mentioned, the "perks" were certainly not worth paying additional for. We rarely do room service, never get the canapes, never use robes, did use foot stools, and the nicer towels were hit-or-miss (despite requests to room steward). "Priority" boarding means nothing at ports where the lines flow quickly, and we're never in a hurry anyway. Did self-disembark, and went straight down center elevator and walked directly off ship. The sparking wine was nice during a sailaway, with some sushi on the balcony. :)

Soooo, no "real value" to concierge class IMHO, just "perceived".....

I am always satisfied with a balcony. However, a concierge cabin B2B we booked on the Equinox in February 2016 was cheaper than even a 2D balcony AND it included all of the 123. Kind of a no brainer. It might be 15 or so steps further from the concierge lounge, but I think I can handle that...:)

I am always satisfied with a balcony. However, a concierge cabin B2B we booked on the Equinox in February 2016 was cheaper than even a 2D balcony AND it included all of the 123. Kind of a no brainer. It might be 15 or so steps further from the concierge lounge, but I think I can handle that...:)

What's the concierge lounge?