You Should Be Here. Stop This Promotion Onboard.

BallFour4

Why would you think I didn't?

Know I was in good company; for a 5 day summer cruise there were several diamonds and platinum cruisers aboard. A few others complained as well.

The new cruise director is fantastic, he will not let this go on again.

I also get the the opportunity on the post cruise feedback solicitation. The good news is I photographed this nonsense in the pool and dining room.

Glad you did and good to here it won't continue. You have my contact info (from when we sailed on the Magic), can you send me the pics?

I was wondering how long it'd take for a pyramid defender to get on this thread. Even if they are offering a good or service, it doesn't take many levels before every man, woman and child on earth is selling that product or service to each other. The math simply doesn't work. That's why the recruitment model is unfeasible for anyone but the person on top or people near the top. Penn and Teller did a great episode of their showtime show (Name would probably get censored) where they did the math. My sister is part of a MLM company and it pains me.

I don't understand the concept of complaining on this board instead of complaining right on the ship when all this was happening???

I would have been at guest services immediately!!

We would not have just endured this nonsense while on vacation!

Amen to that.

Sheesh! I would not want to be on board with all of these folks pestering me to buy/join/whatever. I do not like a hard sell and feel very uncomfortable in these situations. It's pretty rude of them to think that folks would want to come aboard their cruise and have to deal with this.

World Ventures in the name of it.... I Am NOT a MEMBER . I did some looking around they are going to be on the Carnival Journeys trip out of New Orleans in October.

Where did you find that info? I tried to look for info on them on the Journeys trip as I am going to be on the second part of that trip. I will be quite upset if they are trying to take over the ship and trying to sell things to us.

I might have stirred a nest that didn't need it with the solicitation part of my post. We were solicited at the dinner table. Our table mates only showed up one night and I didn't buy in on the story. At 56 I'm smarter than that.

The only thing I found to be annoying was the banners they unrolled everywhere. And by that I mean in the pool, the dining room, the Rome Lounge balcony and a couple of common areas.

I wonder if these people feel like they are being used to advertise for the company.

Edited by BallFour4

I would have been mad too! NO GROUP whoever they may be, should be able to take over the ship and ruin it for everyone else, and to actually try to hawk their wares while you are trying to enjoy your cruise is inexcusable! I would have been at guest services lodging complaints my whole cruise! Wow, just wow! That is not right and shouldn't have been allowed. :mad:

Just googled "you should be here"

It's the slogan for a 'travel club' $200 to join then $50/month.

Save your annual $800 and book a cruise. We book 7 nighters for less than $800 @.:D

Groups are fine on cruises; in 29 cruise vacations on two different lines we've seen several. When the stairway entry leading into a venue is blocked, when the apparent leader of the group gets up to pass out banners in the dining room and main show theater at night for a photo opportunity it's a sad statement that those fellow cruisers don't know how much they are being used as a pawn for free promotion of a company.

Wait, what?! They were taking pictures of other cruisers, not just members of their group?! Holy cow. I'd be apoplectic if someone handed me a flier or directed me to a website and there's my nana holding a banner. They weren't informed what their image would be used for and offered zero compensation, I'm guessing. Wow. Just wow.

Glad you had a wonderful cruise. Sorry this thread went a teensy bit off the rails there! Happy cruising :)

They don't care. Heck, no travel business cares as long as they're getting their $$$$. All that matters to them is they've got a guaranteed 200 people on board spending money.

I just wonder why in the World anyone would want to Venture on to a ship if they're on board.....

Kevin T Brown... I like the way you did that:D

While on my past cruises, I'm know several have had large groups and I'm sure more had groups I didn't know about. Hardly knew they were there.

But would not want to be on a WV cruise! To the OP, if they did approach you and try to sell their product to beat Carnival's costs, you need to write to Carnival about that and complain!

Someone I went to college with and a social media 'friend' is high up in WV with her husband. Yes it is most definitely a pyramid scheme. They are high enough up to be given bmws. There are no 'giving back' trips like someone posted that they say they do.

• 4 weeks later...
CCL's Social Media team just posted this to their FB page. I wonder if this group was from the OP's cruise.

18655166574_04c348d88c_b.jpg

Wow. I just caught this entire thread and I really cannot believe that Carnival supports this kind of activity on their cruises - if these people on their FB page are the same group, I am extremely disappointed in CCL. :mad: Even if it isn't the same people, I'm still disappointed they allow this kind of thing on their ships.

Edited by joepeka

The minute I'm approached by someone on my vacation trying to market to me I will report it to the CD and if it's not handled then I'll cruise with someone else - it's not like Carnival has rock bottom prices anymore. This is so disheartening.