Cro-nut

On Princess they have cro-nuts, a combination of a croissant and donut. Does anyone know if they have something similar on Royal? I am hoping not because because they are really good and I needed one everyday:)

On Princess they have cro-nuts, a combination of a croissant and donut. Does anyone know if they have something similar on Royal? I am hoping not because because they are really good and I needed one everyday:)

Love Cronuts....

Especially cinnamon sugar stuffed with Boston cream!

cronut.jpg

Unfortunately too much of Royal's stuff is purchased instead of baked when it comes to quick breads, pasties, and cookies.

Respectfully, can you provide more information? Every Executive Chef I have ever heard speak on our cruises says it is all made from scratch.

Respectfully, can you provide more information? Every Executive Chef I have ever heard speak on our cruises says it is all made from scratch.

Also respectfully :)....Regardless of how RCI makes their baked goods...they now have little to no taste, with very few exceptions.

I complain about this fact often...whenever given the chance. I think the WJ managers hate to see me come onboard :eek:

Too many geletin bases and more emphasis put on how they look as opposed to how they taste.

RCI many years ago had some wonderful desserts but sadly no longer.

They would do well to employ some good southern bakers to give them some much needed lessons.

Just the opinion of one dessert lover ;)

Also respectfully :)....Regardless of how RCI makes their baked goods...they now have little to no taste, with very few exceptions.

I complain about this fact often...whenever given the chance. I think the WJ managers hate to see me come onboard :eek:

Too many geletin bases and more emphasis put on how they look as opposed to how they taste.

They would do well to employ some good southern bakers to give them some much needed lessons.

You are so right. I don't generally enjoy RCCI desserts for that very reason. Wish they would do a better job and get away from the gelatin based desserts.

Agree completely...I stay away from any dessert that "giggles and wiggles"

Edited by crusinpeg

I stay away from any dessert that "giggles and wiggles"

LOL! Indeed!

Also respectfully :)....Regardless of how RCI makes their baked goods...they now have little to no taste, with very few exceptions... Too many geletin bases and more emphasis put on how they look as opposed to how they taste... Just the opinion of one dessert lover ;)

Yes, absolutely. I agree with both of you. I was just saying that I have always heard that all the desserts onboard are made from scratch. The best desserts we ever had on an RCI cruise was our Med cruise out of Barcelona - oh my goodness, to die for. Real cream cheese cheesecakes, the way they should taste... just divine. The Executive Pastry Chef got a standing ovation on that cruise.

Additionally, we took a recent Celebrity cruise and oh my, night and day difference in the dessert department! "So this is what it is supposed to look and taste like!" we both said. Not to mention the ice cream bar in the MDR, with 8 flavors of homemade ice cream and toppings to boot. I ate not until I was full, but until I hated myself. ;):p:D

Last Feb on the Serenade, they had all kinds of imaginative looking things that tasted like sugar covered nothing, so I mostly avoided them in favor of the fruit soups and the fresh fruit-I miss the pineapple that I ate at every meal (we mostly eat in the windjammer due to the length of dinner and the dreaded dress code). On the last night they had Key lime pie and it was dreamy.

On the Vision in March in Café-Latitudes, they had these little round cinnamon/sugar coated doughnut things that reminded us a lot of cake pops but tasted like doughnuts. They were really good and we had to really stay away from them or we'd end up with a plateful in our cabin every night!

The WJ has this certain bread every morning that is delicious! It's in a long loaf with raisins and maybe craisins. I thought it was potato bread but found out it was just regular white bread that was baked very low heat for many hours. I had 2 slices every morning with my freshly fried eggs from the egg bar. I would have loved to sneak an entire loaf of that bread off the ship when we left the last day. :D

The key lime pie in the WJ was also pretty awesome on our last cruise! DH couldn't get enough of it!