change of cruise cards on b2b

cruisin froggy

We will be on a b2b and our status will change after the first cruise from ruby to the next level. Will this be reflected on the 2nd cruise so that we will receive a new cruise card? And will this matter as far as any benefits on the 2nd cruise? Thanks. :confused:

It may not change automatically. In fact, you may receive only one cruise card for the entire B2B.

However, all you have to do is talk with the Captain's Circle Representative on the ship. She or he can get you a new cruise card and make sure you have Internet minutes and other Platinum benefits.

Since last year we have received a single cruise card with the starting and ending dates for the total time we will be on board. We did stay in the same cabin.

Look at the dates on your cruise card when you board. If they are for your entire trip you probably will have to visit the Captain's Circle desk to get the new card, but more important to get the free internet mins. Visit the Captain's Circle host during the first part of the b2b to get it taken care of.

Since last year we have received a single cruise card with the starting and ending dates for the total time we will be on board. We did stay in the same cabin.

Look at the dates on your cruise card when you board. If they are for your entire trip you probably will have to visit the Captain's Circle desk to get the new card, but more important to get the free internet mins. Visit the Captain's Circle host during the first part of the b2b to get it taken care of.

Like everything with Princess this is inconsistent as well. On our B2B out of Ft Lauderdale this year they gave everyone cards for the single journeys. I'm sure other embarkation points have different policies though.

Our case was exactly like the OP. Our first cards were ruby and when the packet came at the end of the first cruise our new shiny platinum cards were there for the second leg. All benefits worked as designed without having to see the Circle Host.

We will be on a b2b and our status will change after the first cruise from ruby to the next level. Will this be reflected on the 2nd cruise so that we will receive a new cruise card? And will this matter as far as any benefits on the 2nd cruise? Thanks. :confused:

No one knows.

There have been plenty of replies that folks got new cards on

a b2b, and plenty that they didn't.

On a recent b2b, I got a new card, but my cruise count didn't change.

The CC rep said this was because the new card was printed before I

had completed the previous cruise (which would have bumped

the number) I didn't ask her to change it, I was just curious.

The only thing you can count on is that princess will be inconsistent.

If it is wrong, and it matters, you can always ask the CC host to change.

I'm in the same boat so to speak! I'm on a Grand Adventure April 2016, Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, then the Baltic Cruise. I sent an email because I'm Platinum and close to Elite. They gave me this involved answer that in the end said it would not apply until my next cruise.

I explained in the email, in reality the Baltic cruise is my next cruise even though I am booked on a Grand Adventure, which combines 2 cruises. I will go with the advice on CC and see the desk onboard. My last Grand Adventure (last year), I kept the same card.

No doubt it will be interesting I've read so many different versions as to the way Princess handles it.

I got my Elite cruise card on the 2nd cruise of my B2B. It was in my cabin on the last night of the first cruise. Princess Captain's Circle black Elite card with my member benefits number. (Captain Circle number) :)

Tony

You'll get new cards after the first leg. Enjoy the added benefits - especially the free laundry if you heading to Elite ;)

Our friends got their new elite cards after the first sailing when doing a B2B.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

I'm in the same boat so to speak! I'm on a Grand Adventure April 2016, Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, then the Baltic Cruise. I sent an email because I'm Platinum and close to Elite. They gave me this involved answer that in the end said it would not apply until my next cruise.

I explained in the email, in reality the Baltic cruise is my next cruise even though I am booked on a Grand Adventure, which combines 2 cruises. I will go with the advice on CC and see the desk onboard. My last Grand Adventure (last year), I kept the same card.

No doubt it will be interesting I've read so many different versions as to the way Princess handles it.

OK, it seems the safe thing to do is to check with them during the first leg just to be safe since its important to us, not so much Princess. ;)

On all of the B2Bs that I have taken, I was issued a new Card for the second Cruise.

My Cruise count was the same on each card.

My Folio for the first Cruise was closed out.

Any OBCs left over from the first Cruise were carried over.

Probably, because each Cruise is treated financially separately by Princess.

On a recent b2b, I got a new card, but my cruise count didn't change.

The CC rep said this was because the new card was printed before I

had completed the previous cruise (which would have bumped

the number) I didn't ask her to change it, I was just curious.

It's always this way for us. Never have our cards on the subsequent cruises of our B2B2B... cruises had the correct prior cruise count. It was actually even worse than being off by one, because we'd book logical bookings and have to get the additional cruise credits added later so we'd eventually be off by 3 or 4 cruises.

It was good practice for how things are done now. We get a cruise card that might last for 6 or 8 B2B cruises and the cruise count on them is meaningless. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we've passed our 52nd Princess cruise and have no additional CC OBC to look forward to, so it really no longer matters.

On all of the B2Bs that I have taken, I was issued a new Card for the second Cruise.

My Cruise count was the same on each card.

My Folio for the first Cruise was closed out.

Any OBCs left over from the first Cruise were carried over.

Probably, because each Cruise is treated financially separately by Princess.

Same for me. Didn't have any OBC but my folio balance was carried over.

FWIW I changed cabins.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), we've passed our 52nd Princess cruise and have no additional CC OBC to look forward to, so it really no longer matters.

But, you have 75th onboard recognition coming up!

I was disappointed that on the particular voyages we were on,

neither myself nor Mrs. Pablo got breakfast in Sabatini's. :(

Edited by pablo222