Where do you store the suitcase?

We had 3 also. We were in a D3, I believe. I remember mine going under the bed for sure. I think DH and our son went in the closet. There are drawers, so you could unpack if you want.

It was tight for my suitcase under the bed too.

Also, we put the glass coffee table in the closet too. DH did that. Not sure how he fit it in. Our son slept on the pullman, so we did not have the sofa bed out

Do all cabin have a Pullman? I assumed my dd was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed. I am so clueless!!,

Do all cabin have a Pullman? I assumed my dd was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed. I am so clueless!!,

No, most staterooms do not have pullmans. If you post your stateroom number and ship, people here can tell you the exact configuration.

This is what we did as well. We also put a garbage bag in the suitcase in the closet. Keeps any smells contained and makes it easier to haul the dirty clothes to the laundry room back at home when unpacking. :)

We have two bags, one for darks and one for whites. That way laundry is presorted for when we arrive home. :)

No, most staterooms do not have pullmans. If you post your stateroom number and ship, people here can tell you the exact configuration.

Thanks for that. I have just checked online and our a cabin has 2 Pullman so it should be ok. I'm sure our 10 year old will like that feature x

First cruise! I've been looking at pictures of our cabin, interior stateroom for 2 adults and 1 child and something has just come to my attention: where do you store the suitcases??

We will have 1 fairly large hard shell suitcase each and cannot imagine for the life of me where we'll be able to store the suitcases in such a small cabin. The wardrobe doesn't look big enough even to accommodate one of the suitcases.

Our daughter will be using the sofa bed so not sure where they could go.

Help!

We generally get a JS so we're able to store them in the closet which I like lots better than under the bed. The reason I even mention that is because the last cruise we were on we had an accessible (Hubby had surgery & needed the shower seat etc) cabin with no closet so we were going to store them under the bed. I tried just sliding them with my foot and met resistance so I bent down to see what it was...the "fresh" linen was being stored under the bed!!!! I was sooo upset, although the towels, washcloth etc were stored in clear plastic zippered bags the bags were open thus they were on the floor!!!!

I called the room steward and asked for the bags to be removed and was told that's where they are stored & he wouldn't remove them!!! I was shocked, who wants towels that were stored under the bed (on the previous cruse maybe?) and on the floor??? I talked to the head of housekeeping and they finally removed the bags but who knows if we got fresh towels after that. Needless to say, we shoved the luggage under the bed just to fill the space so they couldn't use it again!

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread...but if you find this is the case, have them remove those towels so you have space for your luggage.

Luggage can be stored under the bed. We were able to fit 2 large and 2 carry on under the beds. If not the closet will fit some as well. We moved our small table next to the vanity by our balcony door. The court can also move so we slides it closer to the balcony wall to make a bit more space.

We always store them under the bed and haven't ever had a problem fitting on any cruise line. On our last cruise there was a bag of sheets in the way, but i just moved it out of the way and then our stuff fit easily. We also store stuff in our suitcases if it all doesn't fit in the storage available in the room. It's easy to slide one of them out if you need to access it for seldom used stuff.

Tom

I store them under the bed and I also use LARGE Zip locks (2-1/2 to 3 gal size). I put the dirty clothes in the zip locks with a dryer sheet in the smelly ones. So simple. When we take off the dirty clothes (ALL underwear and socks) put 'em in a zip lock, toss them into the suitcase under the bed (which we leave unzipped), and by the time the cruise is over, I have VERY little that I have to do to pack and be ready to put our luggage out on the last night. I also use the zip locks for packing. When I get to the cabin to unpack, I wipe the drawers out with an antiseptic wipe, toss the zip locks in and I'm unpacked and ready to enjoy sail away. Clear, see-through and I can pack a complete outfit in each of the 2-1/2 to 3 gal bags (shorts/t-shirt/underwear), shoes fit in them too so they can be tossed in the luggage without getting anything soiled. Dress clothes go inside a dry-cleaning bag so they don't wrinkle. I have my packing and unpacking down to very little time. More time to enjoy my cruise.

i always bring a length of rope. I tie one end to the suitcase handle, and the other end to the balcony railing. Then, i just hang it over the edge, about six feet down. That way, it doesn't block my view. Then, when it's time to pack up, i just reel in the rope, and there's my suitcase!

lol

Since I don't want to know what's under the bed :) my luggage fits inside itself so it goes in the closet.

Mine too. Our luggage nests, so we basically just had 2 suitcases standing in the closet. Our clothes hung over them in the closet so no problem there.

I always wonder why people put them under the bed? Maybe the smaller ships have smaller closets? I admit I've only done Voyager class so I could be missing something here. :confused:

I always bring a length of rope. I tie one end to the suitcase handle, and the other end to the balcony railing. Then, I just hang it over the edge, about six feet down. That way, it doesn't block my view. Then, when it's time to pack up, I just reel in the rope, and there's my suitcase!

I'm going to pinch that idea and take it a step further...

I'll add detergent to the bag, let it down all the way, then no washing when I get home won't HER be happy with me.

I store them under the bed and I also use LARGE Zip locks (2-1/2 to 3 gal size). I put the dirty clothes in the zip locks with a dryer sheet in the smelly ones. So simple. When we take off the dirty clothes (ALL underwear and socks) put 'em in a zip lock, toss them into the suitcase under the bed (which we leave unzipped), and by the time the cruise is over, I have VERY little that I have to do to pack and be ready to put our luggage out on the last night. I also use the zip locks for packing. When I get to the cabin to unpack, I wipe the drawers out with an antiseptic wipe, toss the zip locks in and I'm unpacked and ready to enjoy sail away. Clear, see-through and I can pack a complete outfit in each of the 2-1/2 to 3 gal bags (shorts/t-shirt/underwear), shoes fit in them too so they can be tossed in the luggage without getting anything soiled. Dress clothes go inside a dry-cleaning bag so they don't wrinkle. I have my packing and unpacking down to very little time. More time to enjoy my cruise.

I do the exact same thing!! Any clothes that are not in a dry cleaning bag are folded perfectly in a zip lock bag. When I open them to use they are almost wrinkle free. If the bag was not opened then the item was not used.[emoji267]

I like the idea about packing with large ziplock bags. I'm sure my DW would love to do that.

Where did you buy the 2-1/2 to 3 gal size? I don't think I've ever seen any that large.

Thanks[/color]

Edited by JimAOk1945

Saw the tip for the LARGE zip lock bags here a few years ago on CC. I wish I knew who it was so that I could give credit. It is our go to on EVERY trip. I think they carry them at the grocery stores now, but I buy mine at the dollar store. I go and load up on 2-1/2 to 3 gallon, gallon and quart size. Cheap and the handiest tip I ever got on here. I even use the little tiny zip locks for medication (pharmacy has those) and I use them for earrings. I put a pair of earrings in each zip lock and drop them into a quart zip lock. We went on a Med cruise and with all the airline luggage restrictions, I can't tell you how much using the zip locks helped. I always carry a bunch of clean ones. They come in handy if you order something or carry a dessert to have later. You can put it in one of the zip locks in the plate, stash it in the fridge or on the counter and nothing nasty gets in it. We had a lot of private excursions planned. We had to pay in Euros. I took the confirmation we had received, the Euros for the tour and the tip, put it in a zip lock and wrote the port/excursion on the outside with a marker. We just put each one in the safe and on the morning we were to leave for the excursion, we just grabbed the zip lock, stuck in our our bag and we were ready without having to count out the cash, keep in separate so we didn't spend any of it, and had it ready for the guy at the end of the excursion. I put anything that goes in the safe in a zip-lock so that we don't leave anything in it when we get ready to disembark. We watched a guy trying to explain that he needed back on the ship because his car keys were in the safe in the cabin. You can even take one of the 3 gallon ones, put a little of the mystery gel from the shower in it with a piece of clothing that's dirty, squish it around and you have your own little mini-washer.

I like the idea about packing with large ziplock bags. I'm sure my DW would love to do that.

Where did you buy the 2-1/2 to 3 gal size? I don't think I've ever seen any that large.

Thanks[/color]

Googling brings up Lowes and Amazon.

It may depend on the ship and the bed configuration.

On Rhapsody in an interior with a queen bed setup we could not get our medium-sized (71cm) spinner suitcases under the bed as there just wasn't enough space at the side of the bed to lie them flat enough to slide under. There was ample room in the closet for the two suitcases, which had other bags including our carry-ons inside them, and there was still enough space for trousers and long dresses.

However if the bed has been setup as twins it would have been easy to put the suitcases under them, I imagine.