interesting rumor - X going to all select?

suec12

Personally we prefer Select, but to each his own. If every rumor we heard was discussed this much, this board would be even more of a mess. So here you go... Rumor has it, Celebrity is going buffet dining only.:rolleyes:

That one would start a riot.:eek:

Personally we prefer Select, but to each his own. If every rumor we heard was discussed this much, this board would be even more of a mess. So here you go... Rumor has it, Celebrity is going buffet dining only.:rolleyes:

And is it going to start with the return of the afternoon Grand Buffet in the MDR, and will continue as the main venue thru the dinner hours.;)

And they've decided to cancel the World Class Bar and bring back the Molecular.

Oh , and to cancel all of the overnights in the Caribbean and re-institute original itineraries.

Did we cover all the bases?:p

And they've decided to cancel the World Class Bar and bring back the Molecular.

Oh , and to cancel all of the overnights in the Caribbean and re-institute original itineraries.

Did we cover all the bases?:p

Yep, chicken little would be proud.:D

Will suite guests be permitted to cut the line? Asking for a friend. :D

Not sure, but I did hear from my brother in law, whose friend has a sister who heard from her cabin attendent that Luminae is going to be open 24/7, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, & brunch every hour of every day. However, reservations are required.

Edited by richsea

Not sure, but I did hear from my brother in law, whose friend has a sister who heard from her cabin attendent that Luminae is going to be open 24/7, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, & brunch every hour of every day. However, reservations are required.

Perhaps with all the steerage folks waiting in line for the buffet, they will turn the entire MDR into Luminae. Put Breakfast and lunch downstairs and brunch and dinner upstairs. One could simply rotate between upstairs and down. It would be an excellent way to spend a sea day.

I heard that too, but you have it a bit wrong. Luminae is going to be open to Concierge Class 24/7 with options to order from Luminae, Blu, or MDR menus. Suite guests will be given priority at the buffet lines and will be able to serve themselves or have their butler bring items to their table if they can find an empty table.

Perhaps with all the steerage folks waiting in line for the buffet, they will turn the entire MDR into Luminae. Put Breakfast and lunch downstairs and brunch and dinner upstairs. One could simply rotate between upstairs and down. It would be an excellent way to spend a sea day.

Doesn't that happen already between the MDR and the buffet?:rolleyes:

I like it!!!?.....oh wait, I'm steerage; never mind.

Night all, I have to plan out my email to, "Concerns at Celebrity"! This can not go un-challenged. They must replace any and all dinners with a continuous a Grand Buffet so we can take pictures when ever we want!

Oh, don't let the bed bugs bite that have been reported to the CDC :eek:

Night all, I have to plan out my email to, "Concerns at Celebrity"! This can not go un-challenged. They must replace any and all dinners with a continuous a Grand Buffet so we can take pictures when ever we want!

Oh, don't let the bed bugs bite that have been reported to the CDC :eek:

Good night, hope you wake up with it all composed ready for sending.:p

Because they don't care for Traditional and think that what they like should be forced on everyone else.

When I'm on a cruise I like to do things differently than at home, such as enjoying the tradition of set meal times, which I still associate with the glamour of passenger ships in the past.

Set dining times = OK - it should be set times, and others who want flexibility should wait.

Call me selfish, but what is wrong with first come first served? People who arrange to arrive early get on board first. Those who take their time, get on board next. Everyone understands this simple concept.

It isn't fair to ask certain people to wait a few hours while allowing others to board earlier. The money I paid for my cruise is just as good as theirs, so why should they get more benefits out of their investment than me?

Set boarding times = Not OK - it should be first come first serve.

Seems contrary to me.

OK so on my roll call today - Silhouette Oct. 8 2016 - a poster puts up a rumor that they were told that X is moving to all select.

Unsupported statement from an unknown person on a Roll Call and see what happens? People begin to treat "rumor" as "fact". One person even wants to ask the CEO about this!

Even officers, including those with 4 stripes or more, don't even know the "real" story and those who do know usually don't talk!

Set dining times = OK - it should be set times, and others who want flexibility should wait.

Set boarding times = Not OK - it should be first come first serve.

Seems contrary to me.

I agree! In Select it should be first come, first served so tables aren't held for reservations.

Unsupported statement from an unknown person on a Roll Call and see what happens? People begin to treat "rumor" as "fact". One person even wants to ask the CEO about this!

Even officers, including those with 4 stripes or more, don't even know the "real" story and those who do know usually don't talk!

It's great isn't it? Sometimes I feel CC is a wealth of misinformation. You definitely have to know which posters to trust.

Edited by ORV

OK so on my roll call today - Silhouette Oct. 8 2016 - a poster puts up a rumor that they were told that X is moving to all select.

Great points, especially in view of the fact that most of us regulars know the past record of Celebrity's rumor mill which is not pretty.

Thank you Celebrity Cruises for your clarification...

Edited by dkjretired

Hi all,

We currently have no plans to make any changes to our Select or Traditional dining options. Thanks!

Hi Celebrity Cruises,

Thank you for confirming. I'm glad that my earlier comments in this thread proved to be accurate !

As the question is now "asked and answered", I'm closing this thread. Thanks to everyone for your participation.