MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I tried that as well. No luck. Here is our tale....

Honestly I have no idea how we became aware of this ship. We were not even planning a trip, I don't belong to any MSC marketing, have never cruised with them and could be called loyal to Celebrity and their Concierge experience. But the launching of this ship just happens to coincide with a major family celebration. Kismet!

Somehow I saw and ad for this ship. Balcony suites with whirlpools? I'm in!

Then we debated about the cost, and decided that instead of the whirlpool, that extra money would be better suited to excursions.

But wait, check out those Aurea experience suites on the back of deck 9, those balconies are enormous and they would be just above the public spaces on deck 8. We could chill on our balcony and people watch! But the cost... again we checked ourselves before we wrecked ourselves.

But wait, check the Aurea balconies further forward on deck 9, more big balcony space, less big payment stress! And we still get to ogle the public spaces. Win win!

But being the obsessive compulsive that I am, I could not let the aft balcony "beach condo" rest. Why are they not available no matter which cruise you look at? What is the cost of those beauties? What do they look like? Who shot JR?

So I called into MSC. We started with my preferred departure date. Dominique the angelic agent found an aft cabin available, fairly high up I would say which was also intriguing. Then I asked about the cost. The answer? Same as the rest of the Deck 9 Aurea suites. Wha?

What followed next can only be described as a mad scramble through the house trying to locate the wallet and credit card. Several pieces of glassware went down in the effort, and the vet says that the cat should recover nicely.

But still, no stateroom plan, and if you don't actually call into MSC I don't think you can reserve one. I'd suggest asking for Dominique.

Of course the paranoid side of me realizes that MSC has 500 and some odd days to realize their mistake.

It's going to be a long 18 months or so.

(And in case you think I'm joking about the OCD? I've gone through the exterior shots of the video MSC has on the web site frame by frame hoping to catch a reflection of something in a window. And yes I know it is an animation, not a real ship. But you've got to cover every base.)

This is the funniest post I have EVER seen. Damn near pee'd my pants.:eek::eek::eek:

Copied this from poster "fighterone" on the December 23rd sailing Roll Call, don`t you just love travel agents.

Deck 19 is not for passengers , therefore as of now, it will not be release.

Mike ... I notice the blocks are in place to receive the rest of the stern section.

Yes they are Sid!! My welder friend told me that a few new blocks have been laid the past couple of days. Now that I have a friend there, hopefully between you and I we'll be able to get more pics added!!:D

Thanks for the updates. Fascinated by this ship for some reason. Such a different approach in design to much of what is out there.

Don't know a damn thing about ship construction, but I imagine the cabin sections are pre-fab and just dropped into place.

Would love to see a production schedule for something like this. Has the engine room been completed yet? If not how do you get all that machinery in the hull now? Will this ship be using pods for propulsion?

Now, about that Marine Reserve... Since I'm scheduled to hit that twice, let's make sure we get that done too. Chop chop!

Thanks for the updates. Fascinated by this ship for some reason. Such a different approach in design to much of what is out there.

Don't know a damn thing about ship construction, but I imagine the cabin sections are pre-fab and just dropped into place.

Would love to see a production schedule for something like this. Has the engine room been completed yet? If not how do you get all that machinery in the hull now? Will this ship be using pods for propulsion?

Now, about that Marine Reserve... Since I'm scheduled to hit that twice, let's make sure we get that done too. Chop chop!

Most modern ship construction of this size are all constructed of pre-built blocks or sections. Each block is then lifted in place according to a block schedule and then welded together (MSC Meraviglia Block Schedule)

MSC%20Meraviglia%20Block%20Schedule_zpsx1ckmqqk.jpg

MSC Seaside will use a traditional prop and rudder configuration with 4 bow thrusters and 3 stern thrusters. The propulsion engines as well as all heavy machinery for the ship and hotel operations are all loaded onboard and the ship is built around them per say,,:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

The next block on the Port side picture should see the angled cabin section going in, as it heads towards the stern from there we will also see the area of those long balconies Aurea suites.

The next block on the Port side picture should see the angled cabin section going in, as it heads towards the stern from there we will also see the area of those long balconies Aurea suites.

Yes Sid,,,I'm interested in seeing the propulsion engines being installed,,,which should be soon!!:D:eek:

Cannot decide if the second balcony up is Deck 9, mainly due to the first one up being offset from the rest.

That has to be the deck 12-15 section Sid. Looking at how Fincantieri has been assembling blocks, the staterooms on deck 9-11 are loaded on first (3 decks) and then decks 12-15 on top (4 decks).